kookamo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Love Alchelmy: A Heart in Winter Here Only

[Post New]by kookamo on Dec 31, 13 1:00 PM
After persisting I finally deleted the profile I was playing under and added a new one. This time I kept the sound ON, so don't know if that makes a difference or not, but the game is playing well, so I'm going to buy it! Enjoy and Happy New Year to all!

dst12
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by dst12 on Dec 31, 13 1:11 PM
Happy New every one. every time touch the hint icon it freezes, I'm stuck in
the room and hallway. I think I will like the game if it works.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 31, 13 2:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the freezing issues with the game

Sometimes, these kinds of issues can be cleared up by running the game as an Administrator, which make sure the game has all the permissions it needs to access its files. There are also some additional troubleshooting steps that can be tried by clicking on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to assist you in troubleshooting the matter.

I hope this helps and Happy New Year!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by deadravins on Dec 31, 13 4:57 PM
Sometimes the hint button does nothing other then make a whooshing noise.
Its getting frustrating being stuck looking for a object in the ho and not being able to use a hint.

mac1938123
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by mac1938123 on Dec 31, 13 5:19 PM
sheet of paper - turns out to be a leaf.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Dec 31, 13 5:32 PM
Just finished with the first painting and found the second and hint stopped working, getting the whooshing sound also. Hopefully hey get this fixed, seems like a good game. Happy New Year

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Dec 31, 13 8:31 PM
deadravins wrote:Sometimes the hint button does nothing other then make a whooshing noise.
Its getting frustrating being stuck looking for a object in the ho and not being able to use a hint.

im getting the same thing, just a swooshing sound on HINT button, NO hint, just sound!!

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Dec 31, 13 9:03 PM
I will do Dr Felix and contact tech support on Thursday. This seems to be a good game but when it froze, I had to do a hard shut down twice to get it to go away. The cursor disappeared in task manager and neither the game manager or the game itself would close. I am running win 8. I hope it is fixed soon as it appears to be a really nice game. Happy 2014 to all the techs and mods at BFG.

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Dec 31, 13 9:59 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, chose a different player, deleted the first player and was able to play the trial. I will be buying this game as it is good once you get it to work. I recommend trying the uninstall and reinstall.

[Post New]by muddydrive on Jan 1, 14 3:59 AM
game won't let me use hint button in or out of HOs.

bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bailey93 on Jan 1, 14 4:31 AM
Thanks DavetheBore for your suggestion. After having such a hard time getting the game to close, even though it wasn't open, I decided not to try again. Thanks again.

Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Jan 1, 14 12:12 PM
Another game not working Very dissapointing.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 2, 14 10:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that there have been some freezing issues with the game. I have gone ahead and had the problem escalated to the developers.

dazy59, I ran into the same problem with the game freezing during the safe puzzle in the hallway. I did a little troubleshooting, and it seems that runnning the game as an Administrator then restarting the game, will allow you to access the safe puzzle and click the 'skip' button to move past it.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Jan 2, 14 7:56 PM
Add me to another person whose hint button doesn't work inside or outside HO's.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 7, 14 5:25 AM
pregnantgoblin wrote:Cannot use the hint button Inside or outside hidden object scenes, it does nothing at all. Am stuck on 2nd turn at the fireplace and looking for a sheet of paper.

The HINT button does not work. Outside the HOS the bottle doesn't empty, but inside the HOS the bottle does empty, but it doesn't point to an object. This is unacceptable. We NEED the Hint button. It's not just for show, after all.

kindergal
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,283 Posts

[Post New]by kindergal on Jan 8, 14 5:37 PM
The hint button does not work at all.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 9, 14 12:31 AM
This game came out last year !! Well, 31. December... So, it's been out for 9 days now, and there is still no info on whether the devs are working hard to get the Hint button to work?

I did finish the game, but struggled through it, and if it hadn't been for some very informative fishies here, I would have been stuck many times and not able to continue, especially since the Map is just about as useless as it can get - it doesn't even show where actions are available. That would at least have helped, but no... the Hint button is useless AND the map is useless.

That's too bad, because otherwise, this is a really great game.

[Post New]by craftygirl24 on Jan 13, 14 6:50 AM
I can't even get started on this game. it freezes straight away and won't allow me to move or grab anything.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 13, 14 7:28 AM
Add me to the Freezing issue. I bought this one and now it's a mess.

Another issue, why do we have to keep signing in over and over even when the box ( keep me signed on) is checked. I took me three sign ons ( no boo boos from me) before Big Fish let me in.
So much has changed on BFG in a year..no one to chat with over issues, very slow feed back with problems. The usual "play as an administrator" as an answer.
Big Fish, your corporate decisions are definately not customer friendly. I've been with BFG for years and am surprised how priorities have changed.
kris

elrem
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by elrem on Jan 22, 14 9:32 AM
The game also froze when I clicked on the hint button. I also did the up date of my video card and also I did all what the help section said to do the hint button still freezes.

Go to: