BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re:Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny Collector's Edition

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jan 2, 14 9:17 AM
Based on the demo

The graphics started out lackluster in the beginning then became more brilliant as the game progressed. The sound track was boring and two low key. The voice overs were very good.

The storyline was interesting. The player takes a bus to get a job from an old friend during the depression, meets his friend's strange boss, and is hoodwinked into playing a card game, where he becomes trapped in the ultimate game of survival.

The hidden object scenes are not bad, junkpiles with some interactivity. The mini games were pretty interesting. Throughout the game there are objects to collect to win an achievement. There are also achievements for finishing the hidden object games and mini puzzles without using hints.

There is a cute fuzzy purple little helper animal to retrieve things for you.

There are a lot of bells and whistles that could make a good game but this game was just too slow moving with too much handholding. It might be a good game for beginners or players who want something light and easy.

There was nothing in it to warrant a CE.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 2, 14 10:54 AM
I appreicate everyone's opinions. I do have to agree with FORTUNATUS...on the fact that all or most of the games are so dark and dreary. Although, I do like this game and will buy it. I find the graphics to be very good and storyline a little different.

It's just so great to be able to hear everyone's opinions again. It's been awhile and it's so nice to see old timer's and newbies!

Be sure to give this game a full try...it takes longer than 10 minutes to get to know what the game is even about.

Be Merry & Happy New Year!
Lisa

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 2, 14 1:04 PM
Tartanpimpernel wrote:Poor, poor game by Blam. Very disappointing. I lasted 10 minutes in the demo and exited after the first HOS. The graphics there are so bad as to be unrecogniseable. Sad, because I have enjoyed so many Blam games in the past but I will pass on this one. However, as ever, try for yourself.

Shame you didn't go on a bit longer you would have found it delightful; not sure what graphics you were looking at! I beta'd this some time ago and have been waiting impatiently for it to appear. Have just played a few minutes and it all came back. A definite buy for me.

[Post New]by gardenqueen on Jan 2, 14 1:19 PM
All through the trial, I felt that I have played this game before. With each scene, I seemed to remember playing it in the past.

Did any other fishes think the same? or maybe enlighten me as to why I seemed to have dejavu?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 2, 14 1:54 PM
gardenqueen wrote:All through the trial, I felt that I have played this game before. With each scene, I seemed to remember playing it in the past.

Did any other fishes think the same? or maybe enlighten me as to why I seemed to have dejavu?

Did you do the beta? Can't remember how long ago BFG sent it and I have too many emails too check back through; (note to self - delete some! )could be that. I loved it then and I love it now. Welcome to the pond by the way!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 2, 14 1:56 PM
Enjoyed the game, it was different and maybe not everyone will like that. It takes some thought and once you get the hang of it, you like it. Story is fun and like the way the cards are used. Map is good and can find your way if you need to. Puzzles are fun to do and thought it to be colorful with good graphics. Give this 4 out of 5 stars.. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 2, 14 5:49 PM
Finished the Demo with no problems. Loved the game, but I don't think it is a worthy CE. I'm hoping it will be offered as an SE, or I will buy it at the next sale or when I get my free credit.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jan 2, 14 6:59 PM
i have never understood why people worry so much about how other feel about any particular game.
i played the entire demo and i found nothing "delightful" about it. it bored me silly.

sometimes, people make up their minds in a short amount of time and don't want to spend/waste anymore time than they already have, playing something they know they won't buy. why isn't their opinion also valid? they DID try it, they just didn't like it enough to continue!

i actually had someone PM me a couple of months ago and tell me that i wasn't giving the game in question "a fair chance" because i didn't BUY IT... you know.... "it got SO much BETTER after the demo ended!!!"

if i didn't like the demo, why [in ANYONE'S name] would i buy it?

<sigh>

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jan 2, 14 9:24 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:i have never understood why people worry so much about how other feel about any particular game.
i played the entire demo and i found nothing "delightful" about it. it bored me silly.

sometimes, people make up their minds in a short amount of time and don't want to spend/waste anymore time than they already have, playing something they know they won't buy. why isn't their opinion also valid? they DID try it, they just didn't like it enough to continue!

i actually had someone PM me a couple of months ago and tell me that i wasn't giving the game in question "a fair chance" because i didn't BUY IT... you know.... "it got SO much BETTER after the demo ended!!!"

if i didn't like the demo, why [in ANYONE'S name] would i buy it?

<sigh>

Ah, Cathy, I love your posts! I agree with what you said in your post down there and your review. If the devs don't give you something to wow you in the demo, then it's not really worth risking, is it?
That being said, I am really looking forward to this one!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 2, 14 11:44 PM
I agree too, Cathy

I tried to like this game, and I did love the purple bunny, but ... overall, it just didn't grab me. I have several Blam! Games which were fantastic to play, but this one, imho, is not.

I know from much, much, much experience, that if I have to force myself to finish the demo in the often vain hope that it will improve, then the game is not for me.

I also wonder why people who don't like the CE version of a game (as in game/story/gameplay - NOT the bonus chapter/extras) will then say in the same post, that they will buy the game as an SE! I just don't get that, as nothing in the actual game has changed, so why bother?

Jen

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 3, 14 4:50 AM
At least there are no piranhas in the game

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jan 3, 14 7:02 PM
thanks, catbag and mamajay!

we all have our various reactions to games, don't we? and they are all valid, no matter what anyone else tries to tell us!

as for no piranhas in the game? i wouldn't know. i didn't buy it.
there might be piranhas in what's left of the pond (aka "puddle") though...

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 4, 14 7:40 AM
I played for 20 minutes and I just had to have the game loved the graphics they was so beautiful and the sounds went with the game as well..Thx DEv's you out did yourselves on this game thank you for all your hard work and time on this awesome game..Keep up the god work as you always do..Thx BigFish for this beautiful game..
5 's love

[Post New]by juttawalker on Jan 4, 14 8:39 AM
Hi i am having problems with the Tiara,when i try to put Tiara on anvil,it does not go,anyone else having this problem?
it is a great game but i am stuck
ohhh my i got it

Edited on 01/04/2014 at 9:15:06 AM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 4, 14 8:34 PM
I am perfectly fine if some of you don't like some of the games, I do, as long as the Devs keep making the kind of games that I enjoy!
Lol....I waited to demo before reading reviews.....waited for a sale, before I demo'ed.
and, even at the sale price, it is steep on my new budget, but I will find some way of affording the games I want, simply, because for me, it improves the quality of my life.

So, here is this funny, bright colored game, by the good folks at Blam who have risen to be great contenders as game makers,....and I get to have a challenge, and something to offset some of the darker games, I have recently bought.

It is a win, win win....IMHO!
YAY!

oh yeah....and now that I have bought the game, I am going to start over, so I can watch the lava dragon again.....hope that little clip might be in the bonus items!

Edited on 01/04/2014 at 8:36:08 PM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 14, 14 7:31 AM
Funny colored game ?? I'm so disappointed and can't even play the bonus as it's impossible to get the magnet, could have thrown my money out of the window, would would have got the same result.

Stupid game

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Jan 31, 14 3:49 AM
Great original idea, spoiled by the cartoon graphics.

[Post New]by LavaLore on Jul 13, 14 1:59 PM
juttawalker wrote:Hi i am having problems with the Tiara,when i try to put Tiara on anvil,it does not go,anyone else having this problem?
it is a great game but i am stuck
ohhh my i got it

How did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem, and I have the three pearls. Thanks!

Go to: