Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Jan 3, 14 3:46 PM
Same problem here with the magnet in the HO scene in the Bonus Chapter! I have tried all the suggestions to correct the problem, and no dice. Obviously there is something wrong with the game, when so many people are having the same problem! Please provide an update that corrects this problem so that the Bonus Chapter can be completed.

See the Discussions in the subject titled "Magnet". I started that chat, and you can see that the problem is universal for ALL game players.

vic2636
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by vic2636 on Jan 4, 14 12:10 PM
i am unable to complete the bonus chapter,i am unable to get the magnet,no matter what i do. this problem needs to be fixed.

vic2636
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by vic2636 on Jan 4, 14 12:12 PM
i am having the same problem that other gamers are having,i am unable to get the magnet in the bonus chapter. please fix the problem.

[Post New]by bewbean53 on Jan 4, 14 2:24 PM
I keep getting a prompt for a security key. why? I own the game.

frederic09
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by frederic09 on Jan 5, 14 3:15 AM
i have the same problem, i can't get the magnet.

Please fix it !

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jan 5, 14 6:32 AM
I also can't get the magnet. I've clicked every in that area along the right edge where the hint suggests it is, but nothing. I've even changed from full to window mode - same result.

On my screen, the right edge of the wooden board that had the number in that had to be found is at the right edge of the game, and abow it you see a bird's head and beak. It is like that whether I am in windowed or full screen mode. In the pic in the strategy guide there is a whole extra piece of screen on the right, it has a curtain and the another (smaller) bird below the big one. The magnet is in that area, so there is now way that any of us could possibly get it.

If BFG aren't going to fix this, then I will be wanting my money refunded.

Edited on 01/05/2014 at 6:45:32 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 5, 14 1:06 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues.

If you're having trouble locating the magnet, there's a thread with some hints that might help out. Just click on the blue text below to find that:

Found magnet

If you're experiencing display issues in your game, it might be worth a try to update the drivers on your computer. This will help things communicate a bit better. For help with that, just click below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these suggestions don't help, please do contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so our Reps can offer more targeted assistance. This will also allow them to gather data that can be escalated to the developer if necessary.

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

Emmail
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Emmail on Jan 5, 14 2:58 PM
There isn't enough of the bird to even have a hope of getting a glimpse of the magnet. The picture in the strategy guide and what is on screen is very very different. Very disappointed in the game/

[Post New]by Monchien on Jan 5, 14 4:11 PM
Same problem here with magnet out of screen. If many of us send an e-mail request to BFG tech support about this problem, it might help BFG ask the developers for a corrective patch, don't you think ? Just suggesting...

RoelV
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RoelV on Jan 6, 14 4:26 AM
Same problem with the magnet here. I bought this game.

violetsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by violetsue on Jan 6, 14 5:06 AM
All fixes are still not working

[Post New]by jdmshere on Jan 6, 14 8:20 AM
I don't care what the guy from 'magnet found' says, you cannot access the magnet.
Why aren't you telling us that you will fix this instead of giving us that dumb link?

[Post New]by jdmshere on Jan 6, 14 8:27 AM
Monchien wrote:Same problem here with magnet out of screen. If many of us send an e-mail request to BFG tech support about this problem, it might help BFG ask the developers for a corrective patch, don't you think ? Just suggesting...

I am willing to do anything to get someone's attention. Other than whining on this blog, what can we do?

RoelV
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RoelV on Jan 7, 14 1:25 PM

Edited on 01/07/2014 at 2:05:04 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 7, 14 3:08 PM
Hello All,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still experiencing that issue. That's been escalated to the team and it's being looked into.

In the meantime, what seems to work in similar instances is going to the options menu in the game, switching the game to windowed mode and then back to full screen. This can often cause things to adjust correctly.

If this doesn't help, please do contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening.

Thank you,

bfgDeveron

Emmail
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Emmail on Jan 7, 14 3:27 PM
Tried switching between modes - doesn't work.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Jan 7, 14 3:32 PM
Me too, I tried before I posted here, no luck. Hopefully a fix is found soon.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jan 7, 14 8:08 PM
Switching modes doesn't work at all. I've tried both. The strategy guide's image of the puzzle shown is a much longer and wider version than I'm seeing in the game itself...in either mode.

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jan 7, 14 9:58 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still experiencing that issue. That's been escalated to the team and it's being looked into.

In the meantime, what seems to work in similar instances is going to the options menu in the game, switching the game to windowed mode and then back to full screen. This can often cause things to adjust correctly.

If this doesn't help, please do contact our Tech Support Team with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> so our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening.

Thank you,

bfgDeveron

Moderators, you don't seem to understand about the magnet.

It's not a problem with our computers or drivers. In the first HOP of the bonus chapter, there's a magnet you need to click on in order to finish the HOP and continue the game. Unfortunately, the magnet is all the way on the right of the screen according to both the hint button AND the picture in the strategy guide. However, the actual HOP isn't as wide as the picture in the SG. If you click on the hint button, it shows it to be all the way on the right just off screen.

There's absolutely NO way to click on it. Trust me, I tried clicking all along the edge of the screen, but no dice. I went to "Options" hoping there would be a "window" mode so it would lengthen the scene, but there's only a "full screen" mode. All this does is minimize the game, and clicking it off and on doesn't do anything but minimize/ maximize the game. It does NOT lengthen the scene, which is what is needed.

Unless you guys put up a patch, there's no way to progress in the game, which is really stinky for a CE. This is literally the first HOP in the Bonus Chapter in the FIRST SCENE. You can't even get to the next scene without finishing this HOP, which is IMPOSSIBLE!! Running as administrator doesn't have any effect on it. I might as well have waited/ payed for a standard edition since the Bonus Chapter is unplayable. This is very disappointing and really stinks!

Please either come out with a "fix" or refund our money. I really liked the game and was very excited to play the Bonus Chapter, which I got to play all of about 2 minutes of. Please don't offer other suggestions because nothing else works. It's not a technical issue on OUR end, it's that the scene is cropped shorter than it should be according to the Strategy Guide. If you compare both pictures it's blatantly obvious!

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jan 7, 14 10:19 PM
This is a pic of the actual scene in the game:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=592446400809932&set=pcb.592447940809778&type=1&theater

And this is the pic from the strategy guide, so you can see the difference in how the scene/ pic is cut off. The magnet should be right under the "T" on the right side of the screen.. this area is not visible/ accessible IN the game HOP itself.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=592446440809928&set=pcb.592447940809778&type=1&theater

Edited on 01/07/2014 at 10:26:41 PM PST

Go to: