bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post Your Tech Issues for Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone Here!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 5, 14 12:54 PM
Hello All,

Thank you all for posting all of your findings and information.

I'm sorry to hear about that menu issue that some of you are experiencing.

If your menu button doesn't seem to be working, I'd recommend running your game as an administrator to make sure it has all of the permissions that it needs to run correctly. To find out more about that, just click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

Janeypat, for help with downloading issues, just click below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If these suggestions don't work, please do contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so our Reps can investigate further and collect data to escalate to the developers, if necessary.

Thank you,

bfgDeveron

vic2636
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by vic2636 on Jan 5, 14 1:12 PM
what is up with the bonus chapter? I made the same mistake that several others have made, choosing the wrong picture at the end of the game. I did not realize that the left picture would make you have to play the game again to get to the bonus chapter. Why wasn't the bonus chapter better identified? will there be a fix for this problem. I refuse to play the game again. this is 2 collector's edition games is a row that I can't complete the bonus chapter. I will be very choosey before by another.

chess game Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone Here!

[Post New]by dustybritches on Jan 5, 14 3:51 PM
I have had no problems with this game until I got to the chess game. As soon as I click on the chess piece in the game the entire game shuts down. Poof, gone and I am left sitting there staring at my desktop. No other area has caused me this problem...........HELP please

Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone Locking Up

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jan 5, 14 4:51 PM
I was enjoying the game very much when it locked up while I was trying to enter the code on the fire portal.

I was using Windows 8.0 and Explorer 10. The game locked up when I tried to enter the code for the fire portal. I exited the game and started it again, no luck. I rebooted the system. This did not help. I finally updated my Windows to version 8.1. That did not help with the portal, and now the menu doesn't work.

Please help.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 6, 14 2:54 AM
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions...
What are we suppose to do now about not having the menu button?
What have you others done?
I am at loss on how to proceed now...

crofootski
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by crofootski on Jan 6, 14 8:36 AM
Everyone who is having problems, please read the highlighted (yellow) post at the top of the page. There are links to sending a problem and a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 6, 14 9:22 AM
I sent a Dr Felix report in....
Geez, as I said, this is two CE's in a row for me that I have been unable to play.....
Is it because I am using Windows 8.1?

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Jan 6, 14 9:47 AM
I am playing the bonus game and my dust disappeared from my inventory before I could create the first potion. Did this happen to anyone else?

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Jan 6, 14 6:02 PM
Second CE in a row that I cannot finish because of a bonus chapter glitch. I lost my entire inventory bar. Please get these fixes in so we can finish our games.
Dangerous Games is still outstanding..........and now this one. I am not the only one with these problems. I am tired of sending Dr. Felix reports.

jjhilburn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Unable to Access the Bonus Chapter!

[Post New]by jjhilburn on Jan 7, 14 1:54 PM
As I have seen in other posts, I cannot access the bonus chapter. Apparently I chose the wrong picture at the end of the game (there were no instructions). How can I access the bonus chapter?

[Post New]by SilentWinter on Jan 8, 14 5:36 AM
I'm stuck in the Fire hourglass mini game. No matter where I click, I can't "move" the parts to solve the puzzle. I could wait for my timer to fill and skip it, but it's frustrating that it won't even let me attempt to solve it. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on the Mac version. Thanks!

Annie6250
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6250 on Jan 8, 14 9:00 AM
I have this game for Mac and it also has multiple problems including the Menu button not working (used ctrl M to bring it up) and can't create a Profile either. I've just started it and read this thread to see what was up and I see there are others with same issues. They clearly have nothing to do with drivers or the Game Manager if PCs and Macs have the same issues. The game is flawed, needs to be fixed and re-downloaded. It's full of bugs, please fix soon so we can download a proper working version.

callielee
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by callielee on Jan 8, 14 10:59 AM
I am playing on a Mac running OS X 10.8.5 (12F45). I rarely have issues. I played the regular game, no problem, but the menu button doesn't work here in the bonus game and I have to "command Q" to get out of it. When I go back, I am right where I left, so I can live with it. A Windows system would probably crash. Thought someone should know.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jan 8, 14 10:19 PM
callielee wrote:I am playing on a Mac running OS X 10.8.5 (12F45). I rarely have issues. I played the regular game, no problem, but the menu button doesn't work here in the bonus game and I have to "command Q" to get out of it. When I go back, I am right where I left, so I can live with it. A Windows system would probably crash. Thought someone should know.

Hi callielee,

If you take a look at the posts here, you'll see that many of us are experiencing the menu button issue with this game along with other problems as well. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a quite new laptop with a 5 Core processor and I've never had the slightest crashing or freezing issue with my games; with this particular laptop that is. So, could you be kind enough to explain what exactly you mean by "A Windows system would probably crash", please? What is the difference between the two systems that could cause this?

Thank you.

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 11:23:39 PM PST

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jan 9, 14 6:19 AM
thebud1 wrote:I couldn't get back to the Menu to adjust the voice, had to force a shut down on computer, started back and discovered a new problem!! really liked this game :{

Same problem. Had to Ctrl + alt + del to shut down the game, couldn't get to the menu.

[Post New]by TabithaMoon on Jan 9, 14 3:33 PM
SilentWinter wrote:I'm stuck in the Fire hourglass mini game. No matter where I click, I can't "move" the parts to solve the puzzle. I could wait for my timer to fill and skip it, but it's frustrating that it won't even let me attempt to solve it. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on the Mac version. Thanks!

Same here! I finally got the bottom ring to turn but I don't know how and I couldn't do it again. I've clicked everywhere.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Jan 11, 14 5:53 AM
I have purchased this game on the 9th of January and hoped that I would be able to play it on my 3 days off. I have contacted Customer Service but got an answer proving that they never even looked at my email with my technical problems. they suggested I do this and that after I told them I am unable to do this or that. So now what? I never complain and normally am the type of person who really understands that glitches exist at no fault from Big Fish but there are programs that just do not react well with other programs. I have been a Big Fish customer for a long time and this is the first time I am ready to quit Big Fish and go to another game site. I have had weeks of issues with the game manager and still am having problems. First of all I get an error number 2 and said that in my email to customer service although it was ignored. I know they never even read what I wrote in my email. They told me to go to my purchase history and hit install because I did uninstall it but I mentioned in my email that it does not give me that option so in my purchase history next to it is the word PLAY which of course I cannot do since I uninstalled it and need to reinstall it but cannot get that option . Then it kept stating I must run it as an administrator and then asks for a password which I am clueless as to what that password is. So I am between a rock and a harder place since customer service is not responding to my issues. Usually customer service does not do this. So I am still waiting after two more days for them to read my second email letting them aware that they could not have read my initial email or they would not have suggested the fix that they suggested. Especially since I was very clear on not being able to do the suggestion in the first place. now what can I do. give up my membership cause this is taking too long if you ask me. and it would not have had someone really read my tech issues.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 13, 14 7:00 PM
I barely get into the game. I got as far as the portal and needed to quit. Came back later to play and the game gets to the portal and then goes back to the game manager. HELP! I've uninstalled and re-installed. The same thing.

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Jan 14, 14 6:33 AM
I downloaded & played- but couldn't get Menu to open to quit

On MAC- I had to force quit & delete game..

Good thing I tried a 'trial'

CC

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 15, 14 3:13 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues for those of you playing on Mac systems and we are currently looking into it.

I recommend contacting our dedicated Mac Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot those issues.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Go to: