problems with game

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,154 Posts

Re:problems with game

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 15, 14 10:57 AM
System Restore should not be used all the time to `go back to a previous date` unless there is a problem and never if there is suspicion of a virus etc.

Data can be lost with SR. A desktop is not a protected folder, so some data could be lost, plus if there is an external drive that too could be affected.

System Restore should only really be used for problems, like file corruption etc and it is best to back up any important data before doing a System Restore.

Marilon
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Marilon on Jan 15, 14 1:10 PM
I've often used System Restore, carefully and with no problems, but what I was asking was did anyone else try it and did it solve the problem as it did for ibCalamityJane.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,154 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 15, 14 2:24 PM
I never use it, no, unless I really have to. We all have different opinions

bfgWendwater
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 15, 14 5:34 PM
Hey Everyone,

I see that some of you are doing a system restore on your computer to take it back to a previous date. I wanted to pop in and let you know that doing this is risky and it can alter settings and files on your computer that have changed since the date you are restoring it to.

If you are having problems with the game, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team first so one of our Reps can help troubleshoot the issue. Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report which can help them investigate the problem.

I hope this helps.

bfgWendwater

AJ__
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by AJ__ on Jan 15, 14 5:49 PM
I updated everything I could for Windows and Adobe and am now able to play again.

Marilon
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Marilon on Jan 16, 14 2:12 AM
I updated Flash and Shockwave players but that didn't help. What else did you update?

[Post New]by janemcardle on Jan 16, 14 1:26 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey Everyone,

I see that some of you are doing a system restore on your computer to take it back to a previous date. I wanted to pop in and let you know that doing this is risky and it can alter settings and files on your computer that have changed since the date you are restoring it to.

If you are having problems with the game, I recommend contacting our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> first so one of our Reps can help troubleshoot the issue. Please include a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report</a> which can help them investigate the problem.

I hope this helps.

bfgWendwater

tech support got us well me anyway nowhere so suggest it all you want until some one actually does something its a waste of time

AJ__
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by AJ__ on Jan 16, 14 5:14 PM
Marilon wrote:I updated Flash and Shockwave players but that didn't help. What else did you update?

Everything in Windows Updates.

Marilon
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Marilon on Jan 21, 14 8:54 AM
I did the Windows Updates but it didn't help.

However, on Jan 16 I contacted Tech Support and attached a Dr Felix report. On Jan 19th I got a reply from Kaila at TS asking for a DirectX diagnostic report, but she also gave me instructions to carry out in the meantime which I did and the game is running normally now. I sent the DxDiag file and am still awaiting a response but as long as the game is playable I can be patient.

If anyone else wants the instructions please PM and I'll send them, I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to post them.

Go to: