krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by krinneyd on Jan 11, 14 8:12 PM
Okay, so the game has crashed twice now, something to do with access violation...grrr. alright, so just reboot, but now after getting all the jewels for the statue in Prague the scene panned out and I didn't get the pages for the book so cannot go any further!??? Please don't tell me I have to start over, cause that would be a huge pain in the you know what. I will try to uninstall and re-install but I'm guessing that won't make any difference since I'm back on the train and am unable to to back to Prague. Not very happy with the technical issues this game is giving, even with the sale price it's a huge disappointment. These issues should not be happening with a CE.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 11, 14 8:24 PM
MAC issue - are folks with Macs able to play this game?
I'm on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5 and can't even get the game started. I download the game demo and push play then it goes immediately to the "Time's running out! 60 minutes left to play. Play again" screen on the Game Manager. No amount of pushing "Play Again" will start the game. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, exited and restarted Game Manager and still can't get it to go. This is a new one for me, never had this happen before.
Any suggestions? Other than contacting tech support, which I am about to go do…

ETA: Also am running as administrator, have now uninstalled and reinstalled game manager, restarted computer, am only running Safari in the background, and am not running anti-virus software.

Edited on 01/12/2014 at 2:48:40 AM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Possible Fix for crashes on Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 11, 14 9:10 PM
For those of you having trouble with access violations, I may have a "get around" for it, but I don't know if it is perfect yet.

What I did, instead of re-installing the game and starting a new profile was to close the game,
Clear my cache and restart the computer.

My game started right in the area just before it crashed, so I lost very little, and everything has been playing fine since then.
For those of us who have old computers, or who are running a lot of different programs or more than one browser, and maybe even more than one anti-spyware, it means that our available memory for playing a game gets used up after a while (or using another program like a graphics program)....and we also might have a lot of behind the scenes processes running.

When my first old computer....and very aging cow-puter was crashing Myst and other games left and right, I had to learn to go into the services menu and find out which processes I could temporarily shut down without killing the computer or the game.
I still do that every great once in a while these days.

Edited on 01/11/2014 at 9:11:27 PM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jan 11, 14 11:30 PM
greenshade wrote:Did you knock off the two items (cup and flowers, if I remember) from the hamper? I was able to retrieve it after I did that.

Thanks for your post, Greenshade! I did try that but it didn't work and since I only had a few minutes left of my hour, I deleted it. If I reinstall, I'll have no choice but to purchase - hopefully it will work this time.
If not, Big Fish has always been very gracious about sending a credit.
It is really a great game!

[Post New]by tthomas1431 on Jan 12, 14 8:10 AM
Same here with the fuse. When can we expect a patch to correct the problem?

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Jan 12, 14 9:09 AM
I figured out, kind of, the fuse issue
I noticed that the bats had disappeared and went to the map and saw that I could go to the outside of the castle. I did everything there, got the arrow went back to wagon got the bow, back to outside finished the game without ever having to light the fuse. Weird but at least I finished it. Hope it works for you.

[Post New]by tthomas1431 on Jan 12, 14 10:30 AM
Thank you smith54sandy, I did as you suggested and was able to finish the game as well. Thanks for the assist!!

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Jan 12, 14 10:35 AM
You are welcome. I considered it my challenge for the day..LOL

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Final Chapter access violation

[Post New]by sandell14 on Jan 12, 14 10:49 AM
I have completed 95% of the game. Every time I try to do the rings puzzle on the altar, I am kicked out of the game. I cannot finish the game and cannot progress. Very frustrating.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 12, 14 2:39 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues that you're experiencing in your games.

If you're experiencing access violations, Tookat posted some great advice above. Also, there's a great help article with suggestions on how to resolve that. To find that, just click on the blue text below:

Access Violations

If that doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can investigate the issue further. This will also allow us to gather data that can be passed along to the developers. To reach them, just click below:

Contact Us

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Jan 12, 14 3:05 PM
juttawalker wrote:hi
and yet another game with the access violation
and not much help
i played the game for an hour and boom,i cant play no more

Well I didn't even make it into the game as soon as the wedding starts showing off I go for same violation..I tryed 5 times and always the same.I am not happy!!!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 12, 14 4:08 PM
Game stopped in first scene. Could not pick up key to open door. Will report to customer service and techs will refund probably. First I will uninstall and install again. I did this and now the game is working fine. Don't know what happened to the first installation except that we maybe our internet went off which it does occasionally at peak hours of use.

Edited on 01/12/2014 at 11:24:41 PM PST

mseigfried
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mseigfried on Jan 12, 14 9:30 PM
I did not get the pages in Prague and now I can't go back or finish the game. I need the W in order to get the flag and since I can't get the pages, I'm stuck. And, it also booted me out of the game 3 times but was able to get back in, but now I'm stuck.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Jan 13, 14 2:21 AM
Glitch glitch glitch.

Within 3 minutes I had nothing....zip....no movement......reinstalled. same again.

A complete no-buy for me until the manufacturers start to play ball.

IMHO, do not buy until it's sorted out!

[Post New]by mlisica on Jan 13, 14 3:07 AM
Sforet71 wrote:Twice so far I have gotten booted out the game and then access violation pops up. After the first one I checked if I needed updates and had none. I am running on a brand new computer bought in September so don't think it's the computer booting from the game. So far in two weeks every game but one I purchased has given me access violation. I guess if it does it again I will uninstall then reinstall and hope that helps. Really good game though otherwise.

I have the same problem.

szeb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by szeb on Jan 13, 14 4:15 AM
I was unable to pick up the pages in Prague, as well. After picking up the gin, the scene panned out and even though the map showed an action available and the hint button highlighted the statue I was unable to zoom in. I thought the game just didn't register that I already had the gin, but now, on the train with no way back to Prague, I have no book pages. I'm trying a reinstall, though I doubt that will fix anything. I also don't want to replay the game with a new profile (it was fun but it didn't blow my mind) especially since this problem could occur again.

Other glitches I had were being thrown out of the game (around 3 times) and the diary pages were added in the wrong order in the beginning (an earlier page was added when I was almost done with the chapter in Paris and then I couldn't access the later pages which I had already received). The diary was not really an issue as I usually only check it out because the developers take the time to make one and when I need it for clues. In this case I didn't lose access to any needed clues, so I'm just making a note of it. When I got thrown out of the game I didn't lose any progress so it was only a minor annoyance. However, this diary pages issue is a rather annoying problem since I hate to leave anything unfinished. I must say I'm disappointed.

PS: As I thought, uninstall/reinstall did not fix the diary issue.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 13, 14 11:05 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues in your games.

the issue with the pages in Prague has been escalated and we're looking into that. We'll keep you informed as we know more. In the meantime, if you would be willing to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report, that would help us look into the issue more.

If you are running into access violations, I've included a handy help article with some troubleshooting steps that often help with that. To reach that, just click on the blue text below:

Access Violations

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so our Reps can offer more targeted suggestions.

To reach the Tech Support Team, just click on the text below:

Contact Us

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by winellen on Jan 13, 14 1:34 PM
In Germany, repaired the wheel on the streetcar and completed the puzzle. The displayed message tells me I should repair the wheel! I get a error message if I click on the puzzle saying Microsoft has encountered an error. What's going on?

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Jan 14, 14 3:45 AM
Liked the game, but not the problems. Will hold off purchase till it's fixed.

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Jan 14, 14 6:40 AM
I was booted out several times during the course of the game, each time I received an error message that the application was unable to continue. I am now on what I think is the final puzzle, which I do not understand. Unfortunately, I have now been booted out of the game 3 times trying to solve the final puzzle.

Go to: