fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Reviews for Midnight Macabre: Mystery of the Elephant

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jan 14, 14 6:33 PM
I wish BF would post the year these games were made...might surprise us..maybe not though..this game just seems so far behind the new tech used for our games today. I notice sometimes when they offer these big sales that half the games are old school tech or have glitches we don't get patches for. Just my opinion. I do not think I will spend a credit on it. I played the demo and got the "thank you for playing"..buy it now and still had 18 mins left??? This is not the first game recently where the demo ends with 16 to 18 mins left. So I think the hour demo we are supposed to have is slowly being changed to less time to play.

Edited on 01/14/2014 at 6:36:44 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 14, 14 8:02 PM
No widescreen, no dark hard to see = no buy.

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jan 15, 14 2:10 PM
Um...what?! There are so many interesting ideas that have come down the pipeline over the years. This was just bizarre. And not in a good way. Not in a grip your seat, retelling of Matheson's Hell House, blow your mind puzzle way. Just what? Boy gets an elephant as a gift. His parents are murdered by a madman but the boy is saved by the elephant who appears to have formed an instantaneous bond with the boy. So the madman is gone but the boy is trapped by an evil vampire and now he has to bring more children to the vampire. What? Boo. Just boo to the mishmash of plot themes.

The puzzles were ok. The graphics were alright. But really all in all quite a stinker.

maizijane
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by maizijane on Jan 15, 14 4:14 PM
I'm not enjoying this game. I am having a very hard time seeing objects in the dark background. I play these games to find mystery and fun, not strain my eyes and head. I do not recommend this game

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jan 16, 14 7:28 AM
I found this game boring and uninspired.....the voiceover couldn't be more fake.... I will pass on this one.

i12byoung
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by i12byoung on Jan 18, 14 11:24 AM
I play a lot of games and I feel this was the worse game ever! Did not enjoy it at all. Did not even play the Bonus chapter and will delete it immediately. Sorry but that's how I feel about it.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 18, 14 1:05 PM
wasted my free coupon on this one.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 18, 14 1:07 PM
someday I'm going to learn not to buy games unless there's a walkthrough!

[Post New]by NOTTARTST on Jan 20, 14 10:28 PM
Based on my opinion this game really sucks bad!!!! I've played bf games for about 8 years and currently own approx. 150 games in which I played and defeated. This game lacked a lot of inspiration. First of all the hint button was a joke, It was there just for show, and second of all it left you in the dark most of the time, not knowing what to do next. I thought this game was a waste of my time and regret purchasing it.
If you need a excellant game designer, just give me a holla! LOL. Tracey

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jan 21, 14 11:53 PM
Just finished the demo and figured I'd put my two cents worth in. That is what the game is worth - two cents! I am sorry, devs, but this appears to be made up of leftover plots and graphics. No consistency, no logic, no fun. Why make us cut a live fish for a key - who were those people anyway? How do you explain a vampire just showing up? Why kill the elephant? The real mystery is why make this game?

Graphics - too dark and muddy.
HO scenes - fuzzy and too small objects and partially hidden ones.
Match 3?? - not a good place for one; if I wanted to play match 3 I would be doing so - and it was sluggish as I had to click instead of drag the tokens to move them!

Not a buy for me, too old-fashioned and really not enjoyable at all!!

Celticcoco

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jan 24, 14 6:05 PM
Not For the Squeamish

The creep factor in this game is off the chart. It is dark, eerie, creepy, gory, gross, just the way I like it.

The storyline is a little back and forth and all over the place, but the hidden object scenes and the mini puzzles are great, some of them in the BB category. I had to skip one of them. The special effects in this game, the howling wolf, the creepy music, the demonic little boy with a haunting story, the beautiful graphics, and the mother searching for her child, made it a buy for me.

This game is not for the faint hearted. There is a slaughter of a beautiful pet by a hideous demon, there are bugs in the hidden object games, and there were ants crawling around the castle for no reason that was obvious to me.

It starts out slow and boring but after a few minutes it is addictive.

I highly recommend it.

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Feb 3, 14 1:21 PM
Match3 without skip and almost unrealistic goals is a NO NO.

Game looked promising until I came to the 1000 points M3-game without skip option. Deleted after two-trhee trials on that one.

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 1:22:42 PM PST

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 5, 14 10:52 PM
Well, it isn't called Midnight Macabre for no reason. I admit, I have played some really "sick" games out there that should have had some type of "warning" on them, only because the content was really graphic and I certainly wouldn't let my children play them. As an adult, however, this game is just.....WHAT??? THE HECK WAS THIS GAME??? I have over 400 games and the majority would consider them dark, eerie, creepy, etc. but when I have to gut a fish to get a key, what is that all about? Then later on in the game you watch this cut scene with an elephant saving a boy, who not only gets a sword, if you will, smack dab in the middle of his head, but then burns to death. Am I being too graphic? Only to find out there is a "Master of the house", okay, yea, I'm following this logic....um, nope, not really. Some how there is a vampire involved here, a portal, can it possibly get any worse? YES IT CAN!! I always try to find something good about a game, but nope, not even your pathetic jump map is a plus in this game. To know which location you are in....the give a big ole' high heeled shoe on the map. HUH??? OH and the voice overs are so pathetic, initially, they are speaking broken English. Just like the game....broken. I would not even recommend wasting time on a demo, in all honesty this is the most awful game I have ever played on this site. Please, please remove this game. Put it in the dead file where it belongs. Retire it, burn it, forget it, take it off the list, so other people won't have to bear this kind of insult to their intelligence. And I'm not sorry for not recommending this game.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Apr 24, 14 9:50 PM
There is absolutely no rhyme nor reason to the storyline. I enjoyed some of the spook factor [if you can call it that] yet other than that, the game definitely is just a loss IMHO.

The graphics could have been good if they had been proportional... they were not and some of the scenes [especially the HOP] were totally random and out of context, not to mention SO tiny it was painfully frustrating to play.

I sincerely believe this, as so many games now are being made just to SELL only! They are being designed by talented people, yet the talent is unfamiliar with "English"... not only the spoken word but the context as well and that is why the storyline/s do not make sense whatsoever.

The game is being made from the sales vantage down instead of a good storyline being formulated up... into a game.

Enough said.

Edited on 04/24/2014 at 9:53:35 PM PST

Go to: