Re:Game Reviews for Amaranthine Voyage: The Living Mountain CE

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 23, 14 2:11 PM
Very nice graphics, a lot of fake English accents, and a kind of never-never land as far as when the game is set. I didn't even look at the SG during the entire demo, so might buy as an SE, but otherwise, I found the play pretty simple. Nice collectibles, etc., but so far not very demanding. It did occur to me though, that a lot of people will really like it.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jan 24, 14 8:50 AM
Bonus Content Review

STRATEGY GUIDE
I really like where the SG can be found in this game. It is a right hand tab on the inventory bar. No trouble finding it when you want it! The screenshots are much clearer than most SGs, and the instructions are precise.

BONUS CHAPTER
This took me roughly an hour. It is all new locations and puzzles etc. A different HOP is used. This one has 3 silhouetted ‘types’, e.g. birds, and you must find a certain number of birds in general (not looking like the silhouette). Then you get an interactive word list without leaving the scene.

The story follows as an adjunct to the main game. It is not necessary to it, and uses the same characters but a different plot. It was not a bad little mini-story, and the gameplay was as enjoyable as in the main game.

GALLERY
WALLPAPERS (14), loads of CONCEPT ART, shots from the PHOTO shoots (12) + MOVIES (16) + MUSIC (11)

REPLAYABLES
20 HOPs with awards (golden feathers) for 3 categories, time, hints, accuracy.
20 Mini-Games/Puzzles

ACHIEVEMENTS
These have their own location, and are part of a lovely stained glass window. They are for the usual performance-based awards – x puzzles without skip, 3 objects in 3 seconds, that sort of thing. Including awards for collectibles, and for golden feathers earned in the replayable games.

COLLECTIBLES
48 Dog biscuits – these are in every location and can be indicated on the map if you want. They are easy to find for the most part.
20 Fairies – only in selected locations. They hide, and then move, so you must click them twice. They are harder to find than the dog biscuits, but not excessively so. They are not tracked by the map – gotta have some challenge! *silly grin*

BISCUIT HUNT
This is of 2 parts. The first is finding the rest of the dog biscuits you failed to find in the game proper, by clicking on empty sockets and travelling to each scene where you can find one. Once you have them all, you can play a little maze mini-game with them.

to be continued...

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jan 24, 14 8:52 AM
Bonus Content Review

Continued...

SOUVENIR ROOM

I do like this game type. You get to transport back to the locations in the game and find one more object, which becomes part of your collection in the Souvenir Room. There is an achievement for getting them all, and you can only unlock it on completion of the bonus chapter.

LORE BOOK
This is an attractively illustrated book giving the history, legends and politics of Sun City. Although it fails to mention the prophecy that almost had me married off to a tyrant.

BUBBLE POPPER GAME
The alternative game to the HOPs, this is a fun game in its own right, nowhere near as hard as standalone bubble poppers, so we of the geriatric society can enjoy it!

VERDICT
This is an excellent choice for CE, with the extras offering a little spice, and many more hours of entertainment before you could hope to get all the achievements. *wink*

I recommend this edition of the game!

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Jan 24, 14 12:22 PM
An absolutely wonderful game. I don't usually comment anymore, because I am so slow at finishing these games. This is by far one of the best games I have played in a LONG time.

[Post New]by tnlady1956 on Jan 26, 14 10:36 AM
I just finished the game. I never try to write reviews, but, I just want the developers to know that I thoroughly enjoyed their game. It kept me interested all the way to the end. Plenty of everything for everyone, no matter what their interest might be.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Feb 1, 14 4:45 PM
Got bored after a couple of hours!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 12, 14 6:09 PM
really enjoyed this game. I thought Bonnie was a nice touch, as for Jonathan I wouldn't worry about as he was such a jerk. Loved the puzzle, finding bones and faries. I didn't get any souvenir's as didn't understand that part.

Go to: