bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Shadow Shelter Here Only !!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 20, 14 9:04 AM
Hey there Everyone,

I'll be back in a few minutes to take a closer look at your posts, but here is the tech thread post:

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 20, 14 9:47 AM
boldy1 wrote:the hint button is a big pain never wants to recharge

Hi Boldy, welcome to the pond.
Somebody posted above and said that the Hint slider had to be all the way to the right for fast recharge. Left makes it not work.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Jan 20, 14 11:14 AM
My only problem is my cursor jumps around.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jan 20, 14 2:18 PM
games4sanity wrote:This message is for janspack and any other fishies having problems with CS telling them they have used PCC they are sure they haven't. Make certain they have not expired, then under your account information at the very top of the screen select "my game club" that should bring up the date, game title and the PCC used to purchase it,
In my experience this has never failed to be accurate. I also keep the BFG email that has the PCC in my email until I have used it, and also keep a notepad nearby that I hand write them on and then cross off after I use it. I usually paste and copy the code since I have occasionally been known to maybe(wink) incorrectly copy them by hand. Hope this info has been helpful. Great gaming to all the fishes in the pond.

games4sanity

as far as i can see, and please correct me if i'm wrong, the only game code credits displayed are the ones for your actual GAME CLUB membership credits. it does show those codes on my "my game club" page, down at the bottom under "Big Fish Game Club Account Activity".
BUT, no where do i see the codes used for games i purchased with PUNCH CARD credits. when i go to my purchase history, it tells me the name of the game, the date purchased and the order number, which is different from the coupon number i used.
so, if that PCC number is recorded somewhere in my account page(s), i sure would love to know where!

this game is just too glitchy for me.
the first time i tried it, it threw me out with an access code error and gave me a BSOD! i had to shut the computer off at the floor.
discovered i had a flash player update, so did that, tried the game again.

second time, i had to shut the custom cursor off and the cursor was still laggy. i had to go into the difficulty settings THREE times to actually get the sparkles turned off! i'd untick the box and click "OK", then go back into the game.... SPARKLES. i tried it on both "hard" and "custom" and i don't know what i did differently the THIRD time, but the dreaded sparkles disappeared finally.
the inventory bar was laggy coming up and going down, taking an item out was S L O W... and if i didn't put it in exactly the right place (hard to tell without the custom cursor) it took its sweet time returning to inventory.

yeah, i would have enjoyed this game, i think... and i like long games, but not because everything moves soooooo.....s l o w l y......

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 3:31:23 PM PST

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Buying with PCC coupons

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Jan 20, 14 2:26 PM
This worked for me once. Instead of buying from the game manager, which instantly filled in the sale of the day, try going to the website buy now button and you should be able to put the code in there.

Good luck!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 20, 14 2:42 PM
I didn't get very far until I got and access error code and the game shut down. Before that in the first HO scene with valves, there were white squares where the valves were located, plus a few extra squares. I just clicked on the squares until had collected all the valves. In the next scene where I clicked the fuse box the access error note came up on the screen. Fortunately I was in the trial mode, but too bad,this looks like it might be a good game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 20, 14 3:33 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues that you're experiencing.

If you're having trouble with your hint button, it seems to be working to restart your game from the beginning under a different profile (after closing the game and restarting). Also, you can change the charging speed of the hint button by clicking on the 'Menu' button in your games, then click the 'Settings' button and 'Difficulty Level.'

If you're having issues with your cursor, I'd recommend making sure the custom cursor isn't selected. To find out about that, just click on the 'Settings' button.

If you're having display, access violations or freezing issues, I'd recommend checking for driver or software updates on your computer. This often helps things run more smoothly. For help with that, just click on the blue text below:

If you're still running into issues after trying these tips, the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can help out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by fuzzypinkslipper on Jan 20, 14 6:52 PM
I am also having problems with the cursor. It is almost impossible to control. I checked and the box for game cursor is selected. Any solutions?

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 6:53:57 PM PST

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jan 20, 14 7:36 PM
fuzzypinkslipper wrote:I am also having problems with the cursor. It is almost impossible to control. I checked and the box for game cursor is selected. Any solutions?

you might want to try de-selecting that game cursor box, which will put you back to system cursor... but that didn't help much for me.

yes, i could now control it better (it wandered all over the screen on "game" (aka "custom") cursor and i had trouble just getting to the settings to change it!) but it was still very slow to react, plus, at least on my computer (old XP but newer graphics card) it was hard to see the changes in the cursor that show you rooms and items of interest.

HTH.

edit: clarity... or maybe i need claret!

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 7:38:14 PM PST

[Post New]by cjswayxe on Jan 21, 14 4:19 AM
have tried for two day to install the demo....will not install.

[Post New]by gamerdoggie on Jan 21, 14 5:48 AM
I downloaded the trial and I have audio, but no video.

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Jan 21, 14 1:34 PM
Downloaded the game..and it doesn't load..just sits there..uninstalled..same problem game won't even load up..first time I've had this problem with any game I tried here

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jan 21, 14 2:24 PM
i coudn't start it, all i got was a blank screen with a black corner which disappeared. i only get audio..

Edited on 01/21/2014 at 2:26:58 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 22, 14 9:37 AM
iamshiva, jazzl2010, and gamerdoggie, I'd recommend checking your computers for updates. Often a graphics driver that isn't quite up-to-date can cause issues like these. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

cjswayxe there's a great help article with some troubleshooting tips for installation issues. To reach that, just click on the text below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you still have issues after trying these suggestions, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 24, 14 11:13 AM
Hint button does not work, even with all the way over to the right. UDPATE:, you can select EASY, you have to select CUSTOM and then the hint button works.

Edited on 01/24/2014 at 11:28:16 AM PST

patschatz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by patschatz on Jan 25, 14 5:25 AM
Finally got to end of game and it freezes after I throw medallion and mirror at the demon, no blue things appear.. Can't finish the game

getting past ghost boy to go upstairs

[Post New]by snomingo on Jan 26, 14 2:25 PM
in the foyer the hint tells me to be here then tells me there is nothing to do----try to go upstairs and ghost boy will not let me pass

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Jan 27, 14 8:26 AM
My problem with this game other than that annoying map when you want to go from one room to another is the fact that it will freeze just when you want it to execute a move...the latest one was after I had the hand charge the children's room key!

Other than that, the game is OK ... Although, am still a bit wary of the Game Developer!

Ps: To get past the ghost boy you need to finish all of the down stairs areas!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 1, 14 4:09 PM
Loved the look of this game, but waaaaayyyy too many tech problems for me to even think about buying it. A shame really, cuz the game seemed interesting and the graphics beautiful. But it keeps freezing up and at one point all I did was look at footsteps going all around the floor plans and never stopped. That's when I said enough is enough. What a shame,

feenix

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Feb 2, 14 2:40 PM
As several others have said, I can't get the hint to work. It remains half full no matter what setting I select for the game.

joyce2121: Thank you for the type but putting the hint button all the way to the right didn't help.

Go to: