Re:Logged in with another device? I don't play the game on another device.

[Post New]by milesnelson on Jan 21, 14 6:30 PM
Yes I have been struggling with this issue many times today. It happened right after the system went down for a few hours. I think they did some kind of upgrade. After that the program became very unreliable.

My system has frozen, restarted, jumped to strange areas in the game, and constantly given me the message "you are logged in with another device".

Makes me disappointed because I just finished the Scavenger hunt and qualified for 12 hours of double silver. Now I cannot get the game to play long enough to take advantage of the bonus, clock is ticking.

IBM PC, Win 7, SP 1. Plenty of system memory. Avast antivirus. Only running one screen, game full screen mode, not-widescreen setting, sound and effect off, not using Facebook module.

I suspect this is a problem with the provider and not our computer.

Solutions I have tried:
Changed graphics settings
Restarted Game
Uninstalled and re-installed game
Restarted Computer
Closed ALL other programs

UPDATE
I have tried the fix suggested at the following:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

It did not help, just made things worse.

I have also noticed that each time it crashes it costs me energy, If I am in the middle of a game play, the 15 energy gets charged but the completion is not credited so the benefits are lost. Not nice when purchasing energy for game play.

Edited on 01/21/2014 at 6:56:18 PM PST

segough
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by segough on Jan 21, 14 6:36 PM
Me too. I thought it was something we are doing here with a new computer. I only play on my iPad. I sent an e-mail to customer support - we are old friends.

[Post New]by Indin8te on Jan 21, 14 6:37 PM
Happened to me today, first time I've had this error. I don't have another device and I didn't link to Facebook. Obviously there's a problem with the game. I don't think it was an update they put through today, think it was just adding a sale. The game was fine last night. I imagine they're working on it now, they lose income when the games down.

[Post New]by blkraft on Jan 21, 14 6:37 PM
Same here. Don't have other device.

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Jan 21, 14 6:48 PM
Yep, I'm having this too. I'm connected via FB but I *only* play on one PC. I've been switching from ending one scene back to manor and received "You're playing on another device" message! I'm even getting the "you don't have an internet connection" when I do, so I don't know what's going on, unless it's tied to the last update?

[Post New]by Jgclark34 on Jan 21, 14 6:50 PM
I'm having the same problem. Playing on an iPad, never played on a different device, no Facebook account. The problem started 2 hours ago.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Jan 21, 14 6:56 PM
Everyone -- we are ALL having this issue.

Did you try to Enter again? That's what I did and I am playing fine.

Chaosmandi
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Chaosmandi on Jan 21, 14 6:59 PM
PTBT wrote:Everyone -- we are ALL having this issue.

Yeah, I tried that myself but it just looped me back to the title screen and told me I was logged in elsewhere. I'll give it another shot in case they fixed something remotely.

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Jan 21, 14 7:06 PM
I tried as well. I was able to collect juju & coins, but got kicked out when I selected a scene to play.

Tried again, but this time it would not register mouse clicks. Which was odd because the two eyes were following the cursor round the screen.

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Jan 21, 14 7:07 PM
Also tried re-entering several times - back to the same message and also I don't play on any other device. First time it kicked me out as I was entering a scene. It's probably telling me I should actually do some real work! I'll keep checking back here and see what is happening - and do what I should be doing!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 21, 14 7:08 PM

Yes, I played for 5 minutes and then it kicked me out again while I was playing a HOS. At least I got to note down my numbers and kiss my manor goodnight (hopefully not goodbye!!)

nic2200
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by nic2200 on Jan 21, 14 7:10 PM
If you try to play after the error, you just lose energy so it's pointless. Every time I click a scene it takes my energy but boots me back to the entry.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jan 21, 14 7:22 PM

Yes. Several times. Sometimes I can play for a few minutes before being booted out; other times it won't even let me in.

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Jan 21, 14 8:41 PM
Cautiously optimistic that all is well again...

MBZR
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by MBZR on Jan 22, 14 6:12 AM
As mentioned in thread above about this issue,happened to me late last night....I shut down my iPad completely......all is fine this a.m.

Hope everyone resolves as easily as I did,

rozanah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rozanah on Jan 22, 14 7:09 AM
Chaosmandi wrote:
Same here. I just sent Customer Support a message about it.

If you're using iOS 7 and can't get your Dark Manor ID from the game before it kicks you out:
Open up Settings and scroll down until you see the Dark Manor entry in the left-hand menu. When you tap on that it should show your Dark Manor ID without you needing to open the DM app.

Thank you for your tip, you learn something new everyday well I do anyway lol

Anpunefru1
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Anpunefru1 on Jan 22, 14 7:17 AM
I did have the problem yesterday but today i had no problems...just that it stated there was an update and if you clicked it it got to the forum hahaha but no update i could find.

Chaosmandi
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Chaosmandi on Jan 22, 14 9:50 AM
Bumping this thread up.

I was able to get on this morning and the "Logged in with another device" problem didn't happen to me anymore. Didn't have to update the app either.

I guess maybe it was a server configuration issue of some sort on BFG's end that didn't require another app update?

I'm just extrapolating this from working on Web applications - I've never worked on mobile apps, so take this with a grain of salt...

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jan 22, 14 9:59 AM
I didn't have a problem this morning either so hopefully it's been taken care of.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 22, 14 10:11 AM
Hello All,

It sounds like this issue has been resolved now, but please be sure to keep us updated if you run into the issue again!

bfgDeveron

Go to: