lewislynda
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Things to remember or you didn't know !!

[Post New]by lewislynda on Feb 11, 14 6:34 AM
How do you shop for items?

AnnaDownes01
Catfish
Catfish
1,740 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 11, 14 10:42 PM
Within the game if you are looking for an item for your quest follow the Character's lead & click on the find button. If you don't want to wait for several quest you can buy the item EG: murderer's eye for the number of diamonds it says at the top of the picture. About 3 diamonds.

If you want to buy diamonds or gold, click on the + button on the far right of the screen as it faces you. This takes real money.

Otherwise put the item you need on your friend wishlist.

Cheers,

Bondi Girl #125683

50Panderbear
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by 50Panderbear on Feb 14, 14 6:15 PM
Can anyone tell me where or how to find the prisoners in Dungeon of The Cursed. I'm on level 11 - do I have to go further?

AnnaDownes01
Catfish
Catfish
1,740 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 14, 14 7:28 PM
The three prisoners are to the right of the screen as it faces you in the dungeon of the curse. It is in the niche next to the skulls HOS. This is the niche closest to Valeria, you will need coins to open it, if I remember rightly.

Cheers,

50Panderbear
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by 50Panderbear on Feb 15, 14 5:50 AM
Hi AnnaDownes01,

I went into the dungeon & looked @ the fountain, went over to the 2 flame torches & saw only 2 skulls just above the letter. My curser does not tell me that I can enter also I have over $10,000.00 coins. WOW the time it stated I posted is 5:50am. As far as my PC states it's 8:51AM Saturday morning in New York USA.

Edited on 02/15/2014 at 5:52:44 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,998 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 15, 14 7:20 AM
50Panderbear... The time on BigFish is BigFish time, which means PST (which is 3 hours behind EST), because the head office is in Seattle. So all times here are Seattle time.

And sorry, I can't help you. I have been kicked out long ago, and I tend to forget a lot of things about a game once I stopped playing it.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Feb 17, 14 5:48 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:Within the game if you are looking for an item for your quest follow the Character's lead & click on the find button. If you don't want to wait for several quest you can buy the item EG: murderer's eye for the number of diamonds it says at the top of the picture. About 3 diamonds.

If you want to buy diamonds or gold, click on the + button on the far right of the screen as it faces you. This takes real money.

Otherwise put the item you need on your friend wishlist.

Cheers,

Bondi Girl #125683

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Feb 17, 14 5:57 PM
I would 'seriously' advise doing this. Look for the items.....or ask your friends. Big Fish is working on a solution to the Level 18 'lockout'...but in the meantime...try and save your money. Just slowly work toward it. I rushed...and now I can't get in. It's OK, I'm eating again...getting some sleep...and enjoying other games.
I think you were one of my 'friends' Bondi'-Girl'.. I'm happy for you if you're still able to play.
Maybe we'll meet in the Midnight Castle again someday,
Cheers.....TeeCee...(I no longer remember my number)

AnnaDownes01
Catfish
Catfish
1,740 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 17, 14 6:31 PM
HI Fishpole aka a TeeCee,

Still going slowly this time. Also have Katoomba Kitten coming up as well.
Cheers,

AnnaDownes01
Catfish
Catfish
1,740 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 17, 14 6:33 PM
Hi Valdy,

Thanks for the time line. That gives me a better idea of things.

Hope to see you back soon.

Bondi

[Post New]by pswan14603 on Feb 18, 14 1:45 AM
Here's a strategy tip, if you've gone through all the hidden object scenes that you can for the objects you need, and you're waiting for cool downs, go through the other HO's that you can access. It will build up an achievement and build up you're inventory of other objects that you will need for future tasks, Not to mention also that you will build up experience of where items are in the HO's.

jleigh23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jleigh23 on Feb 18, 14 5:16 PM
where are these flowers? Every scene seems to have flowers & I click on them all and nothing. I am up to level 8 and not seen 1 flower to collect. Please help? I love these "free" games but sometimes they can be very aggravating! But Iove meeting all these new friends.

AnnaDownes01
Catfish
Catfish
1,740 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 18, 14 9:03 PM
They are tiny little flowers that appear for a second & then disappear. They are called morphing flowers.

For every 5 you collect you get 10 gold (most of the time, sometimes it gyps you),randomly you get a diamond. You get an achievement for 100 flower & 10,000 flowers you get a few diamonds.

Castle Vicinity

1 near the roadsign 1 just to the right of that
2 between the crypt and the broken carriage.

Tavern

2-3 near the bar stool, one on the end of the bar near the stool 3 near the roof, one near the dice tosser.

Castle Gates one on the wall above the well, one to the left of Guards, one between guards, one near the leg of the righthand guard, one near the rock garden and a couple on the left near the well.

Bailey.

one one the floor near the fortune wheel, one halfway up the wall on the brick, sometimes one above the Hansom Cab, a couple across the top near the entry to ice rock one on floor near fire fountain, one near front of screen

Ice Rock

One on the tree branch, sometimes two, above the troll, one near the entry to the part that has not been activated, a couple down the wall, one on the very left near the dead man, one on the dead man's wrist & sometimes one on the floor

Lord Chamberlain.

3 - 4 across the top of the entrance to the dungeon of the cursed.
1-2 on the floor near the front of screen & chest with money in it
1 near the door to the Forbidden tower.

Forbidden tower

1 on floor near the back button, you hit the button more often than the flower
1 on the stairs sometimes 2
1 near the hanging pot & the snake
2-3 across the stair curve near the bits I haven't opened yet.

Dungeon of the Cursed.

1 on floor at the left
1 on floor near right hand side
1 just above that near the Skulls HOS
1 on the right of Valeria
1 up high on the left of Valeria.

THESE FLOWERS DO NOT APPEAR EVERY TIME, NOR CAN YOU GET THEM ALL AT THE ONE TIME. It takes patience & will help add to your gold collection

Bondi Birl Edited to read Bondi Girl 125683

Edited on 02/18/2014 at 9:05:05 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 19, 14 2:53 AM
The flowers appear three at a time.

When you return to the game after being out of it for a few minutes there will be three flowers visible in the scene. If you click quickly you can get all three. If you don't get all three of them then wait about 4 to 5 seconds and the ones you missed will reappear but not necessarily in the same spot.

When I sign back on to the game I usually go to each scene and collect all three flowers and then start on my quests. After a few minutes the flowers will reset and begin appearing in each scene again.

If you see one flower in a scene click on it and wait about 4 to 5 seconds to see if any others appear. If you have not already collected the three that are in that scene they will begin to show up. If you wait 5 seconds and don't see any flowers then you may have already collected them and you can move on to another scene.

cbgran
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by cbgran on Feb 24, 14 2:25 PM
Hey, lots of good information. Couple of questions.

You wrote - "Check out the topic "Getting what you want". Amerzone has great instructions on how to get the item you need. " Where exactly is this information as I could not locate it on fish or search internet for specific information.
Thank you.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 24, 14 2:30 PM
Here is the information on "Getting what you want"

Amerzone wrote:I keep seeing threads from people saying that they are not getting the items that they need for quests.

Either I am incredibly lucky (not) or my system for getting items works because I always get what I need. I'm going to share it here but if anyone sees a flaw in my procedure, please point it out. thanks in advance.

You happen to know that the Ogre wants a Chimera Mask. You know that you have to play the barroom card players HOG to get parts for the winter idol to find the chimera. Do not got directly to the HOG and try to win those items. It will just be random.

Do this instead:

Click on the Ogre,
Under the Chimera Mask (or whatever item) click on GO TO.
Takes you to the Winter Idol (totem pole)
Click on the Winter Idol and see that you need
2 masks of virtue and 2 devil's gloves
Click on FIND under the Devil's gloves
This takes you to the barroom card player HOG
Click on it to play.
You receive the Devil's Glove when you are done.

Always go through the character icons/avatars to find the items you need. Even if I do this then see a flower and click on it before playing the HOG I will start over by clicking on the Ogre (or whatever character) and go through all the links.

I'm playing the un-updated version.

You can do an Advanced Search within this game topic for the words "getting what you want " and the whole topic will show up in the search.

Edited on 02/24/2014 at 2:31:08 PM PST

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Feb 27, 14 5:47 PM
Thank you so much Valdy for simplifying things!!

Valdy wrote:There is no more space in the first post, and I just remembered something else:

- If you open the game every day, you get a "Daily Bonus", which goes up until the 5th day, and then starts again with Day 1.
As with the FOUND game, which is from the same developers (Elephant Games), if you don't open the game for a day, the next time you play the game, the "Daily Bonus" will start again from Day 1, no matter how far up you were the last time you entered the game.

Edited to add:

Each HOS goes through 5 stages:

At first it takes about 2 1/2 minutes for the HOS to become active again, the second time it takes 5 minutes, the third time 10 minutes, the fourth time 30 minutes, and the 5th and final time it takes an hour until you can play a HOS again.

--- --- ---

When you do quests, make sure you play all the HOS available, even those that don't need to be played for a quest. This way you will be able to collect objects from the HOS that you will need in later quests.

--- --- ---

ETA:

About Just John

When you are able to open the Friends tab, you are asked to add John aka Just John to your Friends list. Everybody has to do this - it's part of the tutorial.

Just John is on level 21, he was there at the beginning, and he is there still. He has no ID number. He is not one of us. He is someone from the developer's side, perhaps someone who beta tested the game, and is now the default player. So don't expect to see him among us here on the forum.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Feb 27, 14 5:59 PM
Thank you so much Valdy for simplifying things!!

Valdy wrote:There is no more space in the first post, and I just remembered something else:

- If you open the game every day, you get a "Daily Bonus", which goes up until the 5th day, and then starts again with Day 1.
As with the FOUND game, which is from the same developers (Elephant Games), if you don't open the game for a day, the next time you play the game, the "Daily Bonus" will start again from Day 1, no matter how far up you were the last time you entered the game.

Edited to add:

Each HOS goes through 5 stages:

At first it takes about 2 1/2 minutes for the HOS to become active again, the second time it takes 5 minutes, the third time 10 minutes, the fourth time 30 minutes, and the 5th and final time it takes an hour until you can play a HOS again.

--- --- ---

When you do quests, make sure you play all the HOS available, even those that don't need to be played for a quest. This way you will be able to collect objects from the HOS that you will need in later quests.

--- --- ---

ETA:

About Just John

When you are able to open the Friends tab, you are asked to add John aka Just John to your Friends list. Everybody has to do this - it's part of the tutorial.

Just John is on level 21, he was there at the beginning, and he is there still. He has no ID number. He is not one of us. He is someone from the developer's side, perhaps someone who beta tested the game, and is now the default player. So don't expect to see him among us here on the forum.

cbgran
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by cbgran on Feb 28, 14 11:34 PM
Is there any indication when this will be updated so we can proceed from level18?

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Mar 1, 14 5:41 AM
hi Valdy
you can buy back into a HOS that is time locked by clicking the purple flag on the
timer. costs 5 diamonds and can get expensive.
Good Questing, Dru 73472

Go to: