celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Jan 26, 14 1:19 PM
Same as most everyone else here. Access violation and the game just makes a bonking noise and freezes up in black screen with the loading bar three quarters of the way across the screen. I have updated EVERYTHING. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and I have just about given up on finding games without glitches anymore. I hate to say it but, I am about to go elsewhere for my games. It CANNOT be everyone's computer. We can't all be getting an access violation at the exact same spot in the game because of a problem with our computers. Tech support is great, but they cannot always fix the problem. The help page is useless for this error code. It is not even listed. I am sorry BFG, but IT IS THE GAME!!!

I am using Windows XP, which I keep updated, cleaned, defragged, regularly update Acrobat, Shockwave, Dxdiag, the Game Manager, and rid my browser cache of cookies. Please do not tell me it is my comp again.

Well, I went in and tried what I tried with a previous game a few days ago. I uninstalled both Game Manager and the game. I reinstalled both and started the game over under a new player name. i got the same access violation. So I am giving up on this one until they get a fix. I won't be buying any more games for awhile. I am sick and tired of spending good money for untested and unplayable games.

Edited on 01/27/2014 at 7:27:05 PM PST

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by mistyq13 on Jan 26, 14 2:15 PM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. I click to go to the lower docks and the game crashes every time. I have checked that my computer is updated, restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, started a new game, restarted my computer again, reinstalled the game again, and it still crashes at the same spot every time.

[Post New]by kmbrln2 on Jan 26, 14 3:59 PM
I am also having the same problem with an access violation error. Have tried twice now. Getting the same error every time I go to step on the platform to go to lowlands.

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Jan 26, 14 4:14 PM
I guess I'm the newest member to the Access Violation Club for this game. Get the same error message that many others are reporting when trying to go to the Lowlands.

My computer plays the vast majority of games without any problems. When I do encounter a problem I check the forums and ALWAYS find that there are many others who are experiencing the same technical problem.

I recently played MCF Fate's Carnival without so much as a stutter. Based on computer requirements this game should have been a piece of cake for my computer.

So I will not spend any of my time jumping through hoops to update my computer which is already updated regularly.

I will wait one week to see if a fix becomes available, then I will get a refund.

LadyReah

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jan 26, 14 6:29 PM
When i get to the end after doing the chess puzzle, I can't move forward. I get the doors open and then nothing.. I still have the artifact in my inventory but can't use it. If i can't get pass this point i can't play the bonus portion and I refuse to start over.

Anyone else having this issue?

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jan 26, 14 9:08 PM
I can't move the cursor all the way to the left side of the screen. It will only go about an inch from the edge. I can only click on the bottom corner of the journal but no further.

[Post New]by BethS1973 on Jan 27, 14 12:40 AM
Wolfspirit1 wrote:I got to the part where you have to drop the frog in water into the fountain, it will not drop in. The screen has a black strip at the top saying Level 00N that appears when I try to drop. Could not find this in help.

Having the same problem. Hope it can get fixed.

[Post New]by jacnlyn on Jan 27, 14 4:08 AM
same as most "access violation" AGAIN getting really sick and tired of this problem now it happens in most games and when we are paying for collectors editions i think these should not be happpening ........... and please dont tell me its my computer because i know as well as you it isnt

[Post New]by dottie59 on Jan 27, 14 8:44 AM
Same problem here, little or no control over the cursor, gave up after trying the second HO so have deleted the game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 27, 14 11:27 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing.

Since it sounds like there are quite a few of you seeing access violations, it would be really helpful if you'd contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so we can investigate what's happening.

If you're having issues with your cursor, I would recommend restarting your computer and making sure that any extra programs are closed. Once you've done that, it may also help to turn the custom cursor off (this can be done from the Options menu).

If you're having display issues, or if your game is crashing, I'd recommend checking for updates to make sure everything is communicating properly. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these suggestions don't work, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more targeted assistance.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Balance

[Post New]by CindoxAnarchy on Jan 27, 14 11:37 AM
Stuck in the workshop!?!?!? I put one of the paddles in the box but can't put the other one in!?!?!?!? Help please!!

[Post New]by Grantosh on Jan 27, 14 11:37 AM
youngjude wrote:it looks like a good game but I am playing the trial game and it seems to be running in slow motion, everything is taking ages, I have uninstalled and installed again and changed profile but it's still the same, so I don't think I will buy

I'm getting the same problem. The pre-recorded scenes seem ok but then the game itself runs incredibly slowly - almost stop start and it's VERY frustrating. Unfortunately I have bought this and I'm sure I'm not the only one,

This needs a fix !!

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Jan 27, 14 12:48 PM
BethS1973 wrote:
Wolfspirit1 wrote:I got to the part where you have to drop the frog in water into the fountain, it will not drop in. The screen has a black strip at the top saying Level 00N that appears when I try to drop. Could not find this in help.

Having the same problem. Hope it can get fixed.

I am having the same problem. Can not put the Frog in the Dish in the Fountain of Water. I am so mad about these games lately of not working for all of us. I even get a Black Screen in the left hand upper corner the says LEVEL NOO.
Do not understand what that means at all. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled the game & still does not work. Please help us!!!

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Jan 28, 14 5:28 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. I click to go to the lower docks and the game crashes every time... waiting for a fix...hope it comes sooner than later!

RosemaryP
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by RosemaryP on Jan 28, 14 10:20 AM
I have an access violation and am now frozen out. I am using Windows 7 on a Dell. Can you help?

nannie_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nannie_1 on Jan 28, 14 5:59 PM
mistyq13 wrote:I am having the same problem as everyone else. I click to go to the lower docks and the game crashes every time. I have checked that my computer is updated, restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, started a new game, restarted my computer again, reinstalled the game again, and it still crashes at the same spot every time.

same problem here

[Post New]by smokeymoochoo on Jan 29, 14 3:45 AM
FIX THE BLOODY ACCESS ERROR FOR LOWLANDS!!!!!! just like everyone else, i too am sick of getting these errors. come on bigfish test the game before publishing so people stop wasting their money!

tlfw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tlfw on Jan 29, 14 11:46 AM
I got a access violation when trying to enter the lowlands also.Uninstalled and reinstalled same problem.This time the game would not load

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Jan 29, 14 11:58 AM
I am also a member of the Access Violation Club. I tried getting on the platform to go to the Lowlands & I had the same experience as everyone else. Clearly, the problem is the game since we all have different computers etc.

sunnyxt0p
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyxt0p on Jan 29, 14 1:20 PM
Same thing just happened to me. Access Violation. Tried 3 times and Crashed all 3. Here lately when I buy a game, I really can't enjoy playing. I keep expecting something to go wrong.

Go to: