Drgnswf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Obscure Legends: Curse of The Ring Here Only!!

[Post New]by Drgnswf on Jan 29, 14 7:43 AM
Same issues as the lot of you. I suppose this is why it is part of the sale. If I am going to purchase for less, I get less. Fah! I hope it gets fixed quickly because it does look like an interesting game. Get the move on, BigFish!

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Obscure Legends: Curse of The Ring Here Only!!

[Post New]by woodzee45 on Jan 29, 14 8:13 AM
Am really fed up with these glitches lately!! Last three games have frozen. I have had to log off every time. Really have to consider whether or not to get rid of BFG. Always refund you, but that is not the point! Fed up with having to write a complaint, then wait for them to get back.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 29, 14 8:41 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread orphaned. I see that some of you are having some technical problem, and we will do our best to address those in separate posts shortly.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

fingretart
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fingretart on Jan 29, 14 8:45 AM
game wouldnt load, froze, then said corrupt files, please start a new player, tried twice, uninstalled. Great game!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jan 29, 14 8:54 AM
I am having same problems. Would like to play game a little more but it either freezes or loses the cursor which becomes a weird thing.

[Post New]by byte077101 on Jan 29, 14 9:26 AM
Windows user here - same experience as all the others. If you play in non-fullscreen mode you will see the errors. Program is having issues accessing it's *.sav file. You can dismiss the error messages(sometimes) and continue but eventually the profile record gets corrupted and you need to start from the beginning. Quality control messed up on this one - product is not ready for production rollout.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 29, 14 10:37 AM
I am playing on an ASUS gaming computer windows 8.0.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a second time and I did get much further into the game but eventually it froze once again.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jan 29, 14 11:31 AM
Tried twice to d/l and game freezes up on me, I had to start over with a different name, seems like it could be a good game but needs fixed. I can't play at all.

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Jan 29, 14 12:07 PM
I'm very disappointed with this demo. I've had the same problems as everyone else such as game freezing, having to re-enter profile name etc. I tried it twice, then gave up & uninstalled it. This was all in the first 5 minutes of the demo so I don't see how it was tested at all. This is the second game that has had problems recently & it's very frustrating. If they fix it, I will try it again.

[Post New]by abbotsford on Jan 29, 14 12:38 PM
Looks like a good game. But not til it gets fixed. Freezes up constantly.

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by lemarmot on Jan 29, 14 1:14 PM
I played through the demo with lots of stops and starts due to freezing - it takes a lot of patience. After my demo time expired, I liked it enough to buy it and suffer thru the freezing

Went along quite well for a long time. After the last freeze and restart, it kicked me back to the beginning. Don't know if I'll persevere with it again. but at least it was free with a bonus coupon

Janice

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 29, 14 1:31 PM
Froze up immediately after game started when I clicked on the dead sailors gold. Poof that was it. Ctrl/alt/del to cut loose, manager said game wasn't responding.
that was that
kris

Emeralds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emeralds on Jan 29, 14 1:33 PM
I downloaded this game and it won't even start. I am playing on a new HP laptop with windows 8. Maybe it was made before windows 8? Any how, hope things get worked out. I'll be checking back for changes. I am also wondering if we will get a bargain price being members when it is fixed. Who is going for the cheaper price today when you can't even play the game. Just a thought. I know I have spent a lot of $$$ on games here. Seems like the people that aren't members get a better deal.
Throw us members a bone now and then. I have only used the live chat a couple of times and appreciated it. Now you don't even get an e-mail back. I know times are tough but who made you money to keep going-----us gamers.
Just venting.
Thank you

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 6:56:16 PM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jan 29, 14 1:34 PM
First problem I've had with a BF game. Telling me my data is corrupted.. create a new profile. I did it twice and I'm still corrupted apparently ((( Sent a Dr. Felix and hope this can be fixed. The game looks like one I will like. PS... Am playing on Windows 7. Have never had a gaming problem before this game. If this many people are having issues, there's a definite game problem, not a computer problem amongst certain people.

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 4:33:16 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 29, 14 2:16 PM
Hello All,

I'm very sorry to hear about the crashing and freezing issues that you're experiencing.

We will be escalating these issues to the team so they can be investigated.

In the meantime, if you could please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report, that would really help our Reps take a closer look at what's happening here. We'll also be able to collect data to send to the developer if necessary. To reach the Tech Team, just click on the blue text below:

Contact Us

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

Xmas3kds
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Xmas3kds on Jan 29, 14 2:35 PM
Really, BFG, you should NOT have released this while so many glitches were apparent....many of us should NOT have to do your BETA testing here and send you reports of what/when/why....FIX IT! Nice game, but I am slowly becoming disgusted with this systematic release of games that still need work. Get it right the first time! I haven't bought a game in months and this is one of the reasons why!

[Post New]by kherrick12 on Jan 29, 14 3:18 PM
If there is a fix for this game, where would someone find it? Without the chit-chat page I'm lost on where to find fixes for games?

[Post New]by chessiedora on Jan 29, 14 4:05 PM
Am having the same problems as everyone else. Have reinstalled and no luck with that. I am playing on a one year old laptop running windows 8. I would really like to play this game but have uninstalled and will not try again until I know there has been a fix as it too frustrating.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jan 29, 14 5:34 PM
Xmas3kds wrote:Really, BFG, you should NOT have released this while so many glitches were apparent....many of us should NOT have to do your BETA testing here and send you reports of what/when/why....FIX IT! Nice game, but I am slowly becoming disgusted with this systematic release of games that still need work. Get it right the first time! I haven't bought a game in months and this is one of the reasons why!

I totally agree!!

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Jan 29, 14 7:27 PM
Froze up right after intro cutscene..... Not a great start~

Go to: