Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of Sorrow II here

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 4, 14 12:15 AM
meldan5 wrote:I'm at the prison and need to open the safe right beside the spiral staircase. I got the safe open and now there's a puzzle that has something to do with the writing on the paper in the prison cell but when I click on the puzzle nothing happens. I tried turning off the game and restarting but it didn't help. Is there something I can do without starting over?

Sapphire

The same thing happened to me. Since I can't progress without solving the puzzle and since there's no option to skip it, the game is a washout as far as I'm concerned.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Feb 4, 14 12:22 AM
I played about half of the 60min demo and then came out of it. Later when I tried to go back into the game it won't even start and it is telling me that I still have 60min. to play.
I've tried launching from desktop, games manager and the bit where it says 60min. to play. Nothing but waiting symbol going round for a couple of seconds then nothing.
I'm on a PC using Vista.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Feb 4, 14 7:11 AM
I have always had excellent service from CS at BFG. They were polite, helpful, and always solved the problem. My issue here is these games being released with flaws being encountered by many players. The same flaws, for each player. That is not an issue where you exit the game, delete, and download again. These games should have been tested and retested before they appear for purchase. Just my two cents

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Feb 4, 14 10:40 AM
This game diffently needs a fix. This the second game today I have tried to finish up and the keep freezing up or throwing me off. I really don't like this game but would like to finish it.

hibc60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by hibc60 on Feb 4, 14 12:38 PM
I am on an hP and was enjoying the game but have not gotten enough marbles but hint keeps taking me to marble puzzle which I can't play because I don't have all the marbles but can't find any more so I am stuck. don't know what to do at this point so wont buy it unless this problem gets resolved.

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Feb 4, 14 12:41 PM
tesamoine wrote:I have always had excellent service from CS at BFG. They were polite, helpful, and always solved the problem. My issue here is these games being released with flaws being encountered by many players. The same flaws, for each player. That is not an issue where you exit the game, delete, and download again. These games should have been tested and retested before they appear for purchase. Just my two cents

I agree with you Tesamoine, this is happening way too often, even the CEs aren't as glitch free as in the past. Maybe if BF cut back on offerings that worked, even if they had to scale back to every other day, these games would have more time with quality control. I know it's cut back on my purchases.

[Post New]by szoszivirag on Feb 4, 14 12:45 PM
What is this?
LUA Error ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value

I was into the last door in the main hall. Then it froze and got this error. I uninstalled and re installed the game 2 times but keep take me back to the very beginning, but I can not go nowhere from this place.keep sending the same error messages.

meldan5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meldan5 on Feb 4, 14 2:03 PM
I had to restart the game after getting stuck at the prison safe, like my earlier post said. I didn't have problems this time and finished the game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 4, 14 2:32 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about those technical issues you're experiencing.

If you're having issues with the game freezing or crashing, I'd suggest checking for updates on your computer to ensure that everything is communicating well. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game doesn't seem to be behaving quite right, if items are going missing or the hint button is confused, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game to make sure all of the files are installed correctly. For help with that, just click below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If these suggestions don't work, I'd recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can investigate those issues. They'll also be able to collect data to send over to the developer if necessary.

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by LynHamilton on Feb 4, 14 4:11 PM
szoszivirag wrote:What is this?
LUA Error ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value

I was into the last door in the main hall. Then it froze and got this error. I uninstalled and re installed the game 2 times but keep take me back to the very beginning, but I can not go nowhere from this place.keep sending the same error messages.

[Post New]by LynHamilton on Feb 4, 14 4:12 PM
I am also having the ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value.

Just what does that mean? I just installed this game this week, so the issues should have been fixed, but obviously not.

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Feb 4, 14 7:08 PM
It did the exact same thing to me BLACKWATERRULES. I get to the hospital, everything outside works fine, but try to enter the hospital and the game offers, Retry, Ignore, Abort. I tried all three also. Got tossed out on Abort. This is ridiculous. It is NOT OUR COMPUTERS BFG!!!!

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Feb 5, 14 12:52 AM
I can play the game and move around with no problems. Marble game went well, my issue is big white streaks across the screen in some scenes. Hard to find things in HOS.

[Post New]by sam_elly on Feb 5, 14 9:04 AM
Game locks entering the hospital. Doesn't help to reinstall.

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Feb 5, 14 11:55 AM
Here we go again with another glitch game. What is going on here with all these games lately? I am getting so mad about all these games not working at all. I always play on my Laptop Windows 7 as everything on my computer is updated. have Uninstalled/ Installed this game & still will not work. I was playing in the last door & then it froze up. An error came up to be LUA Error - ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value never seen this before. It seems like the Developers are getting lazy of making there games lately of all of these glitches. So please help us all on all of our different problems we are having. I just bought another New Game this morning as I hope I can play that one all the way threw. If not maybe it is BF's problem in the errors of these games as it sure can not be all of us. So please help us.

[Post New]by screwedbybigfish on Feb 5, 14 3:20 PM
My game freezes in the library and says it encountered a lua error

locojet
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by locojet on Feb 5, 14 7:40 PM
same for me locks up when I push play. I have messed with this for over an hour rebooting and trying to get it to finish game. I quit

Zilla1963
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Zilla1963 on Feb 5, 14 8:50 PM
Same problem with the marble puzzle. Part way through, the green marbles disappeared, except for one in the centre of the puzzle, which just goes back and forth behind a red marble in the smallest ring. Big disappointment.

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Feb 5, 14 10:09 PM
Very buggy. Crashed multiple times. I finally gave up in the prison as now nothing works. Ready to be deleted.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Feb 6, 14 2:34 AM
I have sent a message to CS with a screenshot of the error message. This is a program error not our computers. Will see what response I get now that they have the detail of the error message.

I also complained about the other three games I can't play because of program errors and asked when these will be fixed, which are Mystery Tales The Lost Hope CE, Myths of the World Spirit Wolf CE and Through Andrea's Eyes

Go to: