fionasam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess IV

[Post New]by fionasam on Feb 18, 14 7:35 PM
Lame, lame game.... very disappointing... downloaded and bought right away, one of the ones I was waiting for. My Kingdom 1, 2 and 3 were excellent games with enough easy levels and challenging ones ....I don't know what happened with this one... lame, have to click 3 times to get a resource.. how is that good.. who did that??? we never had to do that before.. but that in itself doesn't ruin the overall game., then you have this prince dude that pops up all the time to say.. great,, you have done this , you have done that.. annoying..!!! you know when you have completed tasks before, and didn't have this guy come up and interfer with your overall game play,,,, bad, bad bad and again I say bad.. sorry that I pounced all over it and paid right away.. this game / sequel you can stay away from and do.. trust me!!.. do not download if you LOVED the other 3.. play them again is my message to you and I hope that the Big Fish powers that be read and act on these BAD. PAINFUL reviews.. uggggg!!

satchel49
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by satchel49 on Feb 20, 14 12:17 PM
like so many other fishies out there i bought this right away as i loved the other 3 and was so very excited to see another one. i do play it but unlike the others where i can be here for quite some time playing i have to turn this one off after just a few minutes of play....the format of repeating tasks several times is not productive and i lose interest quite easily because of it. most likely because of the small playing field the developers probably thought this was the best way to go but it could have been set in a "realistic" kingdom and had "realistic" goals. i also didnt much care for my supply list on the right hand side and no where on the level was my list of goals for me to complete....only when the dorky prince showed up did i know that i finished the level. go back to the way things were....you had a winner...this one by far comes in last place....

[Post New]by ISHOCOM on Feb 22, 14 12:33 PM
I agree with most of the fellow players. First 3 games were great, had replay value (still does). One would think that developers would capitalize on it but nooo... they had to "improve" it. When you have a fanbase, you already have loyal, 'ready to pay' customers. But with the launch of this fourth game in the series, that advantage is removed from the equation. The next installment (if there is any), will be scrutinized to death before being purchased. There is nothing worse than looking forward to the next installation of a game you love and be totally disappointed. Why fix it if it does not need fixing?

Let's see... we kept complaining about the annoying voice for all installments but it is still there. Is there a particular reason for it? Oh.. as a bonus annoyment we now have a oft-popping prince telling us what we did. Oh boy, obviously we are too simple to know if we have built a building or not.

We can turn off the moving island effect so there is no complaint there. However, part two islands are black! Why would you make the background black? Nothing is obvious, one needs to keep moving the cursor to figure out if there is an obstacle there. How can you compete with darkness, especially with most of us having corrected vision. Why on earth would you use black background?

Lastly, everything is done in 3's. Want 3 woods? Run to the pile 3 times. It is annoying as hell! Craters are repaired in 3 sweeps as well as cannonball collections (or whatever they are called). Repetition is what kills the joy. It is like eating the same food all week long with no variety. It is not healthy. I think the developers really need to listen to the players and work their suggestions into their games to be successful.

I played the game until 2.7 and quit. It is like being tortured. I play games for fun, to remove the stress of my daily life. I don't need a game that makes me stressful. There are plenty of games out there that we can play. I am very disappointed with the game and the developers for ignoring the players/customers.

Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 87656798568 on Mar 10, 14 2:55 PM
What the poster above said. Did the trial after playing the first 3 MKFTP games and if there were a class on how to completely ruin a successful time management game series MKFTP 4 is the perfect example. RUN don't walk away from this one.

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Mar 11, 14 9:53 PM
Yep - between this one and the new Monument Builders, I am just so mad at these game developers. It seems I wait forever for TM games to come out, then I got so excited when two of my favourite series release sequels so I bought them both right away without demo....then so disappointed in both of them. Both games are ruined for me and I just want to cry. Why take a great games series, then set out to destroy it?? Why, developers, why????

KathyR1958
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KathyR1958 on Mar 12, 14 7:21 PM
Usually love these kind of games, but this one is kind of boring. Plus twice I went on and found that all my prior work was wiped out, and had to start over as new player. Not worth starting up again.

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Mar 23, 14 5:59 AM
Let me preface this with I LOVE Time Management games, from Flo to the present scenario gather and build strategy. With that in mind I was excited to see a new TM especially since it was a sequel. BUT.....

I downloaded the demo and after the first "Island" I decided to purchase. My mistake. This game is entirely too hard. If they had put in difficulty levels, it would have great, but there have been many levels that I just couldn't get through, even after playing them multiple times with multiple strategies.

I am very confident I will never get "gold" on every level. Heck, I can't even finish them.

This WAS a buy, but regrettably.

[Post New]by Mz_Kitty on Mar 27, 14 4:35 AM
I was so excited to see #4! But, I am so disappointed! Unfortunately, I did not check out the video. I did not expect it to be so different from the previous games in this series. It is difficult to see, and to keep track of what to do next. Sorry, this is not even close to the previous GREAT installments of this game!

[Post New]by cueball3 on Apr 17, 14 9:48 AM
well, I have played the 1st level, I do not like it. I love the 1st 3 and have enjoyed playing them, this one I wish is had played before I bought it. I am going to try and stick it out to see if it gets better but I have my doubts. I don't like the way this one looks and the guy that keeps popping up is very annoying.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Aug 20, 14 11:04 AM
I'll start by saying that this series has been one of my very favorites for many years. I wanted so badly to love this game. I had been so looking forward to it. The unfortunate fact is I'm hating this one. I'm finding myself angry when I try to play it and I'm not having any fun. I am very disappointed.

I'm so tired of devs taking wonderful games and changing what made them wonderful in future offerings. All these new "features" are often quite awful. Change for the sake of change usually doesn't make things better devs!!!

What I love about this game...
Not much this time! The artwork/graphics and music are nice though as always.

How do I hate it...let me count the ways!
1) you click to start but you don't actually start until you click a second time, meanwhile you have to listen to the voice berate you for taking too long to begin

2) takes multiple times to do virtually everything (you think you're done but nope, you have to do it again, and again); sure they give you enough time to do it but that's not really the point, it's the aggravation and repetativeness that's annoying and you can't create a strategy to manage time or resources which I sort of thought was the point of a game like this

3) the constant voice scolding you (I realize this one has been off and on with the series) - the voice is very nice for the narration but I don't like being scolded constantly during gameplay

4) the constant distractions of "information" that take your eyes off the game but don't pause it (so you miss things or lose time)

5) what's the point in building a dragonette attack tower if it doesn't really take care of them and you still can't get your workers to come out and work?!

There are more but I'm stopping with 5 as that's more than enough when this game could have been wonderful instead of terrible. Not sure I'll even bother finishing it.

NYCgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by NYCgamer on Aug 27, 14 12:49 PM
This is actually one of my favorite TM games. Next to Royal Envoy the one I go to over and over since these days it's hard to come by new TM's. But this game lost me after the first island. BORING. Going for the same thing three times all the time is just not my idea of a challenge. And it gets old really fast. Also no warehouse means you are wasting your time spending resources to upgrade. And the dragons are a total distraction and not fun at all. If I wanted a shooter I'd buy a shooter, and I won't--pretty much ever unless plants and zombies are involved Next time maybe the developers will go back to what works.

chigal012
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by chigal012 on Oct 31, 14 12:03 AM
Like many others, I read the negative reviews but enjoyed the demo and decided to buy the game. I played it yesterday and today and just finished it. Overall I liked it.
There were indeed a few areas with visibility issues (mainly the almost transparent dragons in the snow levels) but I had no trouble figuring out the paths. I thought the graphics were fine.

What I liked:
- the usual gameplay, music etc. Other than the collecting method (3 times per pile) nothing's changed from previous episodes. The collecting method didn't bother me, mainly because the workers moved pretty fast.
- the story was funny. See spoilers at the end of my post.
- the dragons. Initially I was annoyed, but the rocket button was a nice addition. You had to decide on a strategy : use the rocket to get rid of them or click on them so you can use up another bonus?
- the limit on collected resources. It added a bit of difficulty, since you didn't want to waste them for no reason.

What I didn't like:
- I felt that it wasn't challenging enough. There was only one level that I couldn't finish with gold without help from the forums, and maybe 2 more that I had to replay several times to get gold. The rest had a way too generous time limit. Some were finished at half the time. This is a rather major issue I think.

Suggestion to developers:
- I would suggest adding either a "hard" setting (time gets eaten up faster) or some other challenge to overcome. For example, a "beat the developer's record" challenge. The latter shouldn't be much extra code.

[spoilers]
I half expected Fiona to have married someone else while Arthur was off saving other princesses. It would have been hilarious [/spoilers]

Edited on 10/31/2014 at 12:03:33 AM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 4, 15 4:49 PM
An enjoyable builder/time management game, but difficult. The one thing which makes it difficult for me are goals or what you need to achieve during the level are only stated at the beginning...there is no display during the actual game so you are kind of left "staring" at the screen thinking you have accomplished everything, but obviously you haven't (as the clock continues to click on). This makes for a not so fun game.

The levels increase in difficulty fairly quickly and I would have beat the timer during some of these levels if I realized I had not completed or fully completed the "goals" since I had apparently forgotten the whole previously listed items. And each level increases with these "goals" so there are more things to remember while you are fighting dragons and trying to beat the timer. The game does have a timer (there is no other option I could find) which at first seems generous but not so much on the more difficult levels (chapter 2+). I got tired pretty quickly trying to beat a timer not knowing whether I had completed the level goals. I guess you could write them down at the beginning and check them off as you go. Definitely a time-management game that is a challenge and with so much going on can bet a bit confusing.

Animations and graphics are well done and colorful. The voice over is only at the beginning so you don't have to turn your speakers down to mute it. The cut scenes are only at the beginning of each chapter so you don't have to endure those constant "conversations" after you complete each level....which is always a plus for me. I, for my gameplay fun only give this a 3 out of 5.

Edited on 03/04/2015 at 5:00:48 PM PST

Go to: