wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Confirmed: Update due this week!

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 7, 14 3:11 PM
In the park ranger they also don't always show when you hit them - sometimes you have to do it several times. It is a drag and I hate them!

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Feb 7, 14 3:28 PM
The one advantage I can think of with playing 3 rounds of these games is that it gives more chances for items to appear -- as opposed to the library or stamp games where you only have a few chances per game. But I do find the ranger and botanical gardens tedious.

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by batgirl25 on Feb 7, 14 3:45 PM
Park Ranger is exceedingly tedious, especially the Paws and Seeds mini-games...drives me batty...

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Feb 7, 14 4:21 PM
awalkinglady wrote:At least the botanical games are a bit of a challenge. The butterfly games are a no-brainer. Of course you don't want to play the botanicals when using a keepsake as they do take up some time to complete.

In fact I can't stand the butterfly games, But I enjoy the park ranger and the botanical gardens, they are relaxing to me and my kids. Even myt kids don't like the butterfly game.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 7, 14 5:37 PM
I like the park ranger games too but the dog does get in the way. And there is a sound made when you've selected one of the items...makes it easier to know you've really clicked on it. I enjoy the fishery as well. But of course these two don't pay as well as those in Dinhammer Alley.

sunnyd607
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyd607 on Feb 7, 14 10:01 PM
Ok, Where is it? Wheres the update!!!!!! ? Come on guys, stick to your word , we stuck with you through all the gliches, lost gold etc...... UPDATE!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 7, 14 11:38 PM
sunnyd607 wrote:Ok, Where is it? Wheres the update!!!!!! ? Come on guys, stick to your word , we stuck with you through all the gliches, lost gold etc...... UPDATE!

Well, BOOMZAP has confirmed there will be a Valentine's event. They even have some pics on Twitter of a couple of the Valentines scenes. And they have confirmed that this update will fix a lot of the bugs. And they promised our missing gold will be included.
So any day now. If they wait til after the holiday to do it, I'll be really upset. That would mean BOOMZAP are a bunch of liars. Im trying to have faith in them in hopes that they will do what they said.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Feb 8, 14 1:20 AM
LXC12 wrote:The one advantage I can think of with playing 3 rounds of these games is that it gives more chances for items to appear -- as opposed to the library or stamp games where you only have a few chances per game. But I do find the ranger and botanical gardens tedious.

I agree. My experience is that the frequency with which an item appears, is somehow related to the number of 'correct' clicks you make. That would explain why the Library, the Butterfly Sanctuary and Philip's Place are less 'generous' with items than the Park Ranger or Vincent's Studio and, especially, the Bird Watching (where you can keep clicking any square until the item appears, which means you make a 'correct' click every 4 or 5 clicks).
Anybody else who wants to share his/her thoughts on this ? (mainly her thoughts, since 90% of players here are women, or at least use a female avatar).

kjcf
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kjcf on Feb 8, 14 9:50 AM
hope there is one, have no quests left and am only on level 35!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 8, 14 2:54 PM
The game is not just about doing quests. The main quests were there at the beginning to get us going and encourage us to explore all the locations. But once we are making good progress those quests stop and only reappear for the special events. But you should still be getting the daily timed quests.
In the meantime the idea is to keep on visiting cities to build up resources and collectible items and to build up your levels in the minigames in order to achieve higher rewards. This will all pay off when we get the next special event and need to complete news quests and collections.

Go to: