bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Reviews for Bluebeard's Castle: Son Of The Heartless

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 13, 14 10:44 AM
I seem to remember enjoying Bluebeards Castle, but I find this one tedious and slow. However the graphics and animations are great, but the voice overs are kind of annoying....but that's about it.

I had to take a break because I was getting agitated at how slllllooooowwww this game moves along...Where did the initial story go? It seems to have gotten lost somewhere along the way. I thought at first it was going to be a great game, but it appears to be one HOS after another and the puzzles are very tedious...losing patience here. I will have to take this game chunks at a time to ever finish it...can't do it all in one sitting...my mind wanders....big time.

I hope I didn't pay full price for this because it definately is not worth it.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Feb 13, 14 1:55 PM
Just finished the whole game, I like it very interesting game, wish it is a bit longer.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Feb 13, 14 2:08 PM
(Thank you sunnyglow, for admitting to something I hesitate to share for fear of being teased - the hero of the story is just plain HOT!!!! And there's not enough of him! Perhaps the devs are finally getting smart about what we like - and it ain't a pile of spiders and snakes!)

Anyway, I found myself very much interested all the way through my one hour demo. When the demo seems way too short, it is always a good sign for me, and I was terribly disappointed when the screen went blank. I am definitely buying this one and I'm not waiting for any sale.

I'm not even sure what it was I found so attractive about this game - maybe the similarity to "Drawn", or just the feeling of something a little different from all the rest of the formulaic HO games, maybe I'm just in a better mood today....whatever, I can't wait to finish this review and get back to the game!

I had no tech difficulties in the demo - guess we'll have to see if my luck holds...

ETA: Having finished the game, I have to say I am very satisfied with my purchase! Similar to 'Drawn', it was a refreshing change from the ordinary that didn't tax my brain cells too much. There are longer games, but this one still rates a "nearly perfect" from me for overall game enjoyment and worthy use of my time and money!

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 9:35:16 PM PST

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Feb 13, 14 2:33 PM
I loved this game. If you are not a fan of the 'Drawn' series, this may not appeal to you.

I found the artwork beautiful, attention to detail, and not too many HOPs. I enjoy solving puzzles and this game fit that wonderfully for me. A lot of the puzzles were different and I love different.

And since we've gotten 12" of snow today, it is a nice way to spend an afternoon and evening.

Schools closed again through Monday, February 17.

herchev68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by herchev68 on Feb 13, 14 4:24 PM
When is the fix for this game going to be available... Game freezes so much it is not possible to play.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Feb 14, 14 6:59 PM
Just finished this game and really enjoyed it. Like others have said, very similar to Drawn, especially when you get to the Library. Don't ask me why, but I really like the small items to find. I love playing the Agatha Christie and Dr. Lynch ones, I can't wait for a new one of these, so these were like finding giants. Glad I bought it!

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Feb 15, 14 6:00 AM
So sad to have just finished the game. What a delight!!! Haven't had one of these in a very long time. Reminded me a little of DRAWN (my favorite). Thank you to developers.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 16, 14 3:35 AM
what a awesome game, I loved the story line and sounds and graphics went with the game they was cartoonish but the DEV's must had a reason for them..
Great Job dev's thank you for all your hard work and time many thanks BF I recommend this game.. 5 's

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Feb 16, 14 4:15 PM

Going out on a limb here after playing over half an hour of the demo.

Didn't like it at all, too cartoonish, too slow, and really - just plain silly.

We can't all like the same thing and it's good that we can demo before buying.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Feb 16, 14 8:18 PM
I rather enjoyed this game. Graphics might have been cartoonish but I rather thought they were cute, Some of the puzzle were hard and had to use the skip button a few times. really a fun little game.

MaryD1215
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MaryD1215 on Feb 17, 14 1:23 PM
I was really disappointed in this game. It is completely unintuitive. I couldn't find a "skip" for the puzzles, couldn't exit out of several scenes...had to restart the game-not a freeze, just the inability to exit before completing a goal. When a game frustrates me this much I just delete it. Don't need the aggravation. It's supposed to be fun.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 18, 14 12:20 PM
IF you don't compare the game to many others you play, it's really not a bad game at all. You need to get through the initial "cartoon" of the intro and actually play the game a bit. The map is different because it gives you a centralized location, then pops up sub-categories of that location, which will tell you where you need to be. No need for a walkthrough at all. I do admit, some of the puzzles were unique? But even the hidden item list gave you a silhouette of the item you are looking for, so no great mystery there. I liked the story line, but I also wondered how the heck did he get a son, which is young looking, in my opinion, if he had to keep his promise to the "dark side"? However, there is a logical progression to the story line, you keep moving along nicely, and it's a good game to play in between the long drawn out CE's that are out there. I did get this as a freebie, but I would have paid for it regardless, since I did play the first one.

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Feb 18, 14 1:20 PM
I just finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was right up my alley, not too easy not too hard. And lots of puzzles, which are my main enjoyment of these games. The map was so perfect I got to where I don't want to buy a game without a jump map that indicates where there is "something to do". I stay there until I figure out what needs to be done and go on my merry way to next "to do" spot. Gonna look for more from this developer. Hours of pleasure

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Mar 1, 14 8:13 AM
I had so much fun with this game!! The puzzles were actually challenging, something you don't see with the big name developers. The graphics were fanciful and quite lovely, in my opinion. I did not have any tech issues and everything loaded quickly on my machine (I do have quite the high powered monster of a gaming computer however just to avoid these kinds of difficulties, so I admit my experience may not be the same as others). The length was good and to me well worth the purchase. I hope to see more games from these talented developers.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 7, 14 3:58 AM
I this game! I didn't even connect this game to the first Bluebeard; it's been so long since I played the first. The artwork in this is completely different from the first. I am reminded of the Drawn series down to the indentical little chains with "0k" and "back" on them. Thank goodness I haven't had any tech problems! Five stars for this game.

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Apr 15, 14 11:24 PM
gioco magnifico....grafica,animazioni,colori ed effetti stupendi....ho i giochi" drawn "dello stesso studio grafico e sono veramente eccezionali....aspetto con ansia il prossimo

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 20, 14 11:19 AM
Fantastic game!! This game has become one of my favorites. I'd love to see more of this kind. Thanks to developers and BFG.

Go to: