gamegenii
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by gamegenii on Feb 13, 14 9:11 PM
I'm having the same problem as asail. I can't pick up the test tubes to make the potion. I havent skipped yet because I really want the no skip achievement. Anyone else having this problem?

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by kittymaverick on Feb 13, 14 11:02 PM
For those that are getting stuck on the steps for the potions, it might be because of the 4th step. check that you covered the wet gauze with the barely visible glass lid first before you move to the test tube step.

I'm running into a bug in the bonus game where you are meant to receive a photo after the second conversation with the character (in the pharmacy). I have rest and tried it again several times, and each time, I fail to receive the photo. As such, I cannot continue. I am on the Mac version. Hope this can be fixed soon!

Edit: I've managed to fix it by coming out of detective mode, and go to easy mode when I reset the bonus chapter. Still unsure what was happening, though this might be an issue that is happening purely on detective mode. I hope Bigfish and bug test this and see if it's going to be an issue for others.

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 11:08:29 PM PST

asail
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by asail on Feb 14, 14 6:17 AM
thanks Kitty! I will give this a try!

pamalee444
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pamalee444 on Feb 14, 14 12:53 PM
ASAIL. I had the same problem at first. You must slide the glass tube over the pink strip at the top that you just put in. I believe it is step 4. The glass will slide to cover the tube at the top. I hope this helps you out.

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Feb 14, 14 3:10 PM
I too am having the same problems with the game being jerky. I have tried all suggestions but nothing works. I guess I will wait for a fix. Hopefully it will be soon as I really want to play this game. Also I did purchase this game already. please try to fix. other solutions usually work but not this time. Big Fish Please Help.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Feb 14, 14 8:03 PM
The game keep saying "activating", so I went to do something else while it was making up its mind. When I came back, it said my trial had expired, and I never even got it to finish downloading! MLC60

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Feb 15, 14 10:02 PM
I am also experiencing slow and jerky game play. Looking at the specs, it appears this game is for a higher performing computer than most people have. Mine is less than 6 months old and I'm still having issues. This is disappointing because I am a casual gamer and would like to enjoy these games without investing in a more expensive computer. Much as I love the Mystery Trackers, I will skip this one or wait until a version with fewer requirements is out.

[Post New]by paula783 on Feb 15, 14 10:47 PM
sw8_one wrote:Game won't even launch. I double click the icon on my desktop and it does nothing. So I open the game manager, click the play button, it tells me that the game is already playing. Can't delete because it's playing. Hmmm, restart the system (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650, Intel Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU, available memory 8154MB RAM, all drivers updated and windows upgraded to 8.1).

Open the game manager and click play, it closes the game manager, wait a bit, oh look, game manager has reopened to the come play again window. Wish I had played the game to begin with, but whatever.

I am now reinstalling the game. Any other suggestions? This system hasn't had any problems with any game prior to this.

I am having the same issue can you please provide solution

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 17, 14 9:39 AM
Downloaded the game just fine but it won't install, Error code 766

Never had this happen before. It wants me to re-download, I have limited daily downloads so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try this. If it doesn't work then I guess it's refund time!

Very upset, I've been looking forward to the game for a while and was so excited to see it finally being offered. Seems to be a lot of technical problems with BFG lately.

wunder
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by wunder on Feb 17, 14 10:30 AM
I bought, downloaded & installed, started playing and had the same problems as a lot of others - very slow and choppy game play as well as in the cut scenes. I did everything that was suggested in this thread, followed the instructions in the "help" section of Big Fish support, uninstalled and reinstalled (twice!) and still did not work. Contacted the support team and they were nice enough to send me a coupon code for another collector's edition game. However, the problems are still not fixed, and I check everyday to see if there is an update that will make this game playable.

Hopefully the tech issues will be addressed soon by the developer because I love this series!!!

Happy President's Day

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Feb 17, 14 7:50 PM
barbaralbb wrote:Third game in a row that will not download! Pretty frustrating. Only solution I've found that worked is to delete game manager, restart computer, then install game which reinstalls game manager. It's worked before but why is it necessary? Will update if that resolves the problem......

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Feb 17, 14 7:54 PM
barbaralbb wrote:Third game in a row that will not download! Pretty frustrating. Only solution I've found that worked is to delete game manager, restart computer, then install game which reinstalls game manager. It's worked before but why is it necessary? Will update if that resolves the problem......

The same thing has been happening to me as well !

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 18, 14 1:00 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm so sorry to see there have been problems downloading and activating the game

If you are still experiencing problems, sometimes installing the game using Alternate Method in the Big Fish Games app can help resolve these issues. For some steps to do this, please click on the blue text below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If that doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on Feb 19, 14 10:34 AM
Having a problem in the Bonus Game. Running Windows 8. First game worked fine. In the Bonus Game the arrow that you usually see has changed into a magnifying glass and it is running real slow. Won't let me look at or pick up anything. Help!

[Post New]by charaloves on Feb 19, 14 7:18 PM
Message says "Corrupted file". So I keep having to replay it! Can someone help?

Thanks

[Post New]by weihni on Feb 21, 14 4:00 AM
nancypaul75 wrote:Having a problem in the Bonus Game. Running Windows 8. First game worked fine. In the Bonus Game the arrow that you usually see has changed into a magnifying glass and it is running real slow. Won't let me look at or pick up anything. Help!

I have the same problem with the bonus game. This is really annoying.Hope anyone can help!

bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Feb 21, 14 3:03 PM
Maybe I'm just being stupid:

In the Bonus Chapter you're supposed to send Elf through a window to retrieve something. Problem is, Elf is not in my inventory anymore. Elf is MIA! I tried going back to the main menu, but he's still AWOL.
Help anyone?

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Bonus game glitch

[Post New]by eedebeep on Feb 22, 14 1:10 PM
Unable to proceed in the bonus game. Apparently when I talked to the prince he was supposed to give me a photo, which he didn't, so I can't go any farther. Going back and clicking on him does nothing.

bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Feb 22, 14 1:33 PM
bgcaam79 wrote:Maybe I'm just being stupid:

In the Bonus Chapter you're supposed to send Elf through a window to retrieve something. Problem is, Elf is not in my inventory anymore. Elf is MIA! I tried going back to the main menu, but he's still AWOL.
Help anyone?

Just figured it out myself. Forgot to pick the poor thing back up when he helped me catch the mouse, d'oh!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 22, 14 9:23 PM
bgcaam79 wrote:
bgcaam79 wrote:Maybe I'm just being stupid:

Help anyone?

Just figured it out myself. Forgot to pick the poor thing back up when he helped me catch the mouse, d'oh!
I've played the game several times now and every.single.time I leave poor wee Elf behind in the sewers!

Go to: