Re:Updated PC Version of The Serpent of Isis ™ Available Now

[Post New]by msb1939 on Sep 12, 09 7:50 PM
I am having problems in the kitchen...the water will not turn on...any ideas?

Pindusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Pindusa on Jan 1, 10 3:50 PM
This is all really unacceptable. These games should be fully tested before being released. I am now in the Yuan Yin's (or whatever her name is) cabin and I have only two keys for the suitcase, a lit candle and no way in hell to get a third key or click on anything to get the third key. I also cannot for the life of me find the second star in the Russian guy's cabin. I ran out of hints and I find this annoying. Let me know when you have really fixed all this stuff before I go and uninstall and reinstall and all this rigamarole. You bill this game as the top game for 2009 but it does not even begin to compare with Syberia and a lot of other games that are much better than this. I don't expect this aggravation from a simple hidden object game.

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Jan 3, 10 7:15 AM
@Pindusa: This is not a simple Hidden Object Game. You have to find items that you can use on other objects. Did you try to lit the candle with the matches in YueLan's room? Did you check the red wall for the missing star in Jasilis Cabin? Please also tread the help section for his game again. Serpent of Isis plays a bit different than other "normal" Hidden Object games.

[Post New]by catchezz on Jan 15, 10 8:14 PM
How do I get the Update, please.

mindee187
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Updated PC Version of The Serpent of Isis ™ Available Now

[Post New]by mindee187 on Jan 18, 10 9:31 AM
bfgErie wrote:Just want to let everyone know that we now have another version of The Serpent of Isis ™ available for download right now. This newest version should resolve the issue of duplicating inventory items and other minor fixes. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492>Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

In order to see these updates, you will need to create a new profile and start over from the beginning of the game. It's unfortunate that you have to restart the game, but the developer was unable to correct these issues any other way.

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

[Post New]by bluerose2060 on Oct 12, 10 1:23 PM
I think I probably have the updated version, as I just downloaded the game a few days ago, so not sure. I haven't run in to any 'glitches', other than the fact that several of the hidden objects have been in areas so dark that it is 'guesswork' trying to find them, because they are absolutely invisible. I have had to start chapters over so that I can 'save' my hints for the dark areas and just click away in the dark. I have been able to use the flashlight in some areas, but, as in the music store, cannot use the light, and find it impossible to get any idea as to the whereabouts of the notes. Even with the hints, it's just luck to locate some of them, by just clicking away in the dark. Is that just me, or is anyone else having that problem? Thanks....it's lonely in the dark.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

can't see objects/game crashed in chapter 9

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 15, 10 6:39 PM
Somebody is joking! Even using hints and walkthru, there are objects you cannot see! I even used a magnifying glass at times. I only was able to get to chapter 9 by replaying several times trying to remember where a hint told me to look. Then I get near the end and the game crashed when I quit to rest! Now I had to delete game and reinstall! I wonder how many players actually made it thru without yelling at the game!

simie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by simie on Nov 17, 10 9:59 AM
how do you update it

erma711
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by erma711 on Jan 6, 11 7:56 PM
When I tried to right click on the link to get the new version, nothing happened. Then I went into my purchases, after I uninstalled the one I had, downloaded again and the "old" version came up. I have tried this several times and the same thing happened. How can I get the new version if I can't right click on the link?

[Post New]by PattyK46 on Feb 28, 11 4:53 AM
I am having problems with chapter 2, the Bookkeeper will not show up so I can speak to him, I can't get any further in the game so that I can go to the church and go to the secret path. Help BFG.

[Post New]by demyhr on Apr 2, 11 8:18 PM
Purchased this game at a retail store. How do I get the update?

memecwynn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by memecwynn on Jul 5, 11 11:39 AM
i just downloaded yesterday is mine ok? and i am having trouble with the bookcase

[Post New]by frantic1216 on Apr 19, 12 3:16 PM
Wish I had read all the old comments before I purchased the game. I have deleted the old version and downloaded the new (was at the end of the game in London when inventory items - key - was on top of other items - flashlight so I could not pick up the key to open the door in the obelisk (sp?). I downloaded new version which is supposed to correct this problem; played the WHOLE game over again (created new profile) and I still come up with the same problem at the same spot? Anyone else who has downloaded the new version having this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 19, 12 3:39 PM
Sorry but no amount of updates could make me reinstalll this game again. The objects to find in HOS were so tiny next to invisible. I only could finish it with way more hints and a WT. I don't remember any glitches, only remember wishing it would end to uninstall it. I never did understand how it got on Felix fav or any awards whatsoever. Hope you have a humongous screen then maybe you can enjoy it, but there are so many newer better games why bother.

puzzled one

larrywho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by larrywho on May 28, 12 5:37 PM
I am running windows 7 64-bit version. This game will not save a new profile to disk.
I create a new profile and exit the game. When I restart my profile is gone. It brings back a previous profile that I had deleted. The old profile used the time. I wanted a profile without the time function. I have checked all my folder permissions and they seem to be correct. This is a serious issue.

[Post New]by 17pinfold on Jul 23, 13 9:53 AM
I still have double inventories.

Go to: