Did you notice ...

Re:Did you notice ...

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 21, 14 6:46 PM
I have noticed many of these...it is quite impressive, and I really appreciate the level of thought and attention to detail. It is what keeps me coming back.

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Feb 23, 14 11:44 AM
While the same moody music plays in each area, the ambient sounds within the music changes? The sounds are actually in the music, because if you mute the music you can't hear them.

In the Tavern, if you listen carefully, there's a slight crackle woven into the music. I think it's because there are candles.

In the Castle vicinity, there's a sound of wind rustling through the branches of the Burnt tree, and bird calls.

At the Castle gates, the crackle of lit candles is more pronounced, which makes sense as there are more lit candles.

In the Bailey I can't detect any sort of ambient noise aside from the music itself.

At the Ice rock there's the sound of a driving wind. How they managed to make it sound *cold* at the same time is beyond me.

The Throne hall and Dungeon of the cursed share the same creepy ambient sounds -- a mostly sustained sort of wind that could almost be some giant horror breathing slowly. Oh, and have you noticed the tortured human silhouettes attached to the giant bat-winged throne? Thin lines run from several of them -- not to the bat-winged throne, but to the pillars next to it, and small white lights travel these lines. Is the soul force of these trapped people what powers and sustains all of Midnight Castle?

The Forbidden tower is likewise a tad creepy (as much as I adore the bespectacled dragon who resides there!) There's a slight wind, as if perhaps there's a break in the tower wall further up out of sight, and once in a while a sound of creaking. Perhaps there's a ghost traveling the staircase? Or maybe the structure of the tower can't easily support the bulk of the Wise Dragon and it's threatening to fall down? Or perhaps, just perhaps, it's what's behind curtain number three -- the ominous draped shape to the right of the dragon?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 1, 14 12:48 AM
I just noticed that the note in Valeria's Dungeon has no date on it. All the other notes have a month & year, starting in 1984

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Mar 1, 14 5:49 AM
KittChaos wrote:While the same moody music plays in each area, the ambient sounds within the music changes? The sounds are actually in the music, because if you mute the music you can't hear them.

In the Tavern, if you listen carefully, there's a slight crackle woven into the music. I think it's because there are candles.

In the Castle vicinity, there's a sound of wind rustling through the branches of the Burnt tree, and bird calls.

At the Castle gates, the crackle of lit candles is more pronounced, which makes sense as there are more lit candles.

In the Bailey I can't detect any sort of ambient noise aside from the music itself.

At the Ice rock there's the sound of a driving wind. How they managed to make it sound *cold* at the same time is beyond me.

The Throne hall and Dungeon of the cursed share the same creepy ambient sounds -- a mostly sustained sort of wind that could almost be some giant horror breathing slowly. Oh, and have you noticed the tortured human silhouettes attached to the giant bat-winged throne? Thin lines run from several of them -- not to the bat-winged throne, but to the pillars next to it, and small white lights travel these lines. Is the soul force of these trapped people what powers and sustains all of Midnight Castle?

The Forbidden tower is likewise a tad creepy (as much as I adore the bespectacled dragon who resides there!) There's a slight wind, as if perhaps there's a break in the tower wall further up out of sight, and once in a while a sound of creaking. Perhaps there's a ghost traveling the staircase? Or maybe the structure of the tower can't easily support the bulk of the Wise Dragon and it's threatening to fall down? Or perhaps, just perhaps, it's what's behind curtain number three -- the ominous draped shape to the right of the dragon?

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Mar 1, 14 5:55 AM
the wind at the Ice Rock seems to say "All the right Thrills, All the right Chills"
which was an AC/DC hit -if I remember correctly. Old Timers syndrome ya know!

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Mar 11, 14 8:17 AM
When you click on the guards behind Annabel they move their swords up and down? Maybe someone has already mentioned this. I just started playing.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 11, 14 11:40 PM
You can see the little bird in the crypt breathing & the candles wax & wane. Interesting to see what will come up in the new levels.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 16, 14 2:08 PM
In one of the HOS by the witch....the one with the crocodile.....if you click on the cracked egg a little baby crocodile will pop his head out. It's pretty cute! I like the new HOS and wanted to find something positive to say. Since the update, most of the posts are understandably negative so I wanted to seize the opportunity to comment on something else!

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 16, 14 2:20 PM
If you click on the monster in the pirate scene it breathes fire on the chests in that area - which is exactly what I feel like doing.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 16, 14 4:27 PM
awalkinglady,

That "cute" crocodile baby almost bit my finger off, when I tried to grab that egg and put it in my inventory, but ... no.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 16, 14 5:36 PM
That's what you get for being grabby, Duncan

[Post New]by Lilly_Belle25 on Mar 16, 14 5:39 PM
You tell 'em Rosiebvt !!!!
We know how you men can be

GogaO
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by GogaO on Mar 16, 14 8:55 PM
KittChaos wrote:
Bedazzles wrote:The Bar Counter HOS in the Tavern...the green looking gnome character..turns into a bobble head if you click on him...

If you click on the mouse in the same HOS he wriggles his ears and nose.

*Soooo cute!!!*

(Well, for a mouse on a counter that's presumably used for food preparation -- considering that, not so cute.)

I hate mice but like that cute one with eye patch. :-)

GogaO
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by GogaO on Mar 16, 14 9:02 PM
Did you notice the breathing bird in the Winter Garden?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 16, 14 11:55 PM
Haven't seen any mention of the kraken like creature, on the left in the pirate cove...almost spilled my drink when I clicked it accidentally, lol.

ETA Oops, someone did mention it

Edited on 03/16/2014 at 11:56:33 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 17, 14 3:27 AM
salsaz wrote:If you click on the monster in the pirate scene it breathes fire on the chests in that area - which is exactly what I feel like doing.

This one is pretty scary!

[Post New]by Lilly_Belle25 on Mar 17, 14 4:28 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Haven't seen any mention of the kraken like creature, on the left in the pirate cove...almost spilled my drink when I clicked it accidentally, lol.

ETA Oops, someone did mention it

What name are you playing under now WolfenRaindancer? I want to add you.
aka. MangoColoda

high_ridge
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by high_ridge on Mar 17, 14 3:49 PM
How about the lizard/skink in the Stone Bowl area - click on him and he waves his tail....

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Mar 24, 14 2:40 AM
Just noticed that the slime on the ship by the Kraken at Mirror lake spells out Mom.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on Mar 24, 14 3:43 AM
In the crocodile bush, the large crocodile will blink his eye if you click on it.

Pagan

Go to: