Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice here

[Post New]by Janeypat on Feb 19, 14 9:22 AM
Another game - another problem!
Have got to point of making raft and it keeps highlighting a HOS game to the left but I have already done it - there are no other places I can go. Thought I had to redo the HOS but it is inactive - not sure where to go next - think this is a tech problem - if soI hope they get it sorted - am tired of not being able to play games because of glitches

annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by annebil on Feb 19, 14 9:29 AM
It is not good enough just to put the same page about technical issues as big Fish does. It is obvious something wrong With this game. I have redownloaded same problem as everyone has. Do something or notice us With a refound.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 19, 14 9:41 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to see there have been freezing issues with the game and we are currently looking into this.

Sometimes, running the game as an administrator can help to make sure it has all the permissions it needs from your computer to access its files. I have provided some instructions to do this by clicking the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you are still having issues, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be happy to troubleshoot this for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Voiceovers?

[Post New]by themouse020 on Feb 19, 14 10:29 AM
The game runs well for me in 64-bit Windows 7 (froze once, played fine after reboot - am assuming a memory issue, no biggie). However - all the cutscenes are silent - the mouths move, but no sound. Noticed that these scenes probably come from files with an .ogv extension. Is this Ogg video? Do I need a driver to play proper sound from these videos, or were they meant to be silent? Weird.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Feb 19, 14 10:53 AM
Game terminated. Received an error message.

Error Message: Access violation at OxF64CA200 (tried to read from OxF64CA200) program terminated.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 19, 14 11:00 AM
leacraw wrote:'Tracer' stars popping up after I tried the grappling hook to exit up out of ice cave. So many games lately that have tech issues for me. My computer is up to date. I'm running Windows 8. The only thing new is using Avast antivirus. Anyone else have trouble with it?

I've been using Avast for years. Never had a problem .

AVAST

[Post New]by themouse020 on Feb 19, 14 11:21 AM
To the question regarding AVAST as causing possible problems - I've used it for years, too, and had my first problem with it yesterday, when it refused to allow me to install the new Bluebeard game. I unsequestered the game, and it seems to play fine, but I'm waiting for an answer from BigFish as to why the game was identified as having malware (this was confirmed when I ran Malwarebytes against my system). Just wondering......

JennyPerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by JennyPerry on Feb 19, 14 11:41 AM
I can't free the prisoner in the cave ...
I have the key, help directs me there but cant unlock the chains

[Post New]by philly38 on Feb 19, 14 1:34 PM
The game froze on me after the captain tossed the doc into the ravine.......I may want a credit so I can get a new game if not resolved.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 19, 14 1:40 PM
Sorry to hear about all of the problems, but I just wanted to pop-in and say, that I'm running a Desktop with Vista and McAfee; the game is working just fine for me.

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chicabees on Feb 19, 14 3:23 PM
JennyPerry wrote:I can't free the prisoner in the cave ...
I have the key, help directs me there but cant unlock the chains

Same problem here. After trying to free prisoner a couple of times, my key disapered, but prisoner is still captured.

[Post New]by cuddlebug0 on Feb 19, 14 5:58 PM
My game has crashed 3 times by the time I got to the man in chains in the cave. I had to literally turn the computer entirely off all 3 times in order to play any further. Now, the problem is, I am now in the cave, and have only one thing I can do. That is to free the man in chains. Problem, the game keeps saying there is nothing to do in the frame that zeros in on him. I have the key, but can't do anything any further because hint says he is the only thing to do, yet won't let me??? Getting a little disheartened here.

[Post New]by sweetauntbug on Feb 19, 14 6:14 PM
hi all so am not only one having trouble playing this game. seem like cool game but I can't play it. wish who ever test these games before we all play . figure this out before came out today.

New Build: better, but.....

[Post New]by themouse020 on Feb 19, 14 6:39 PM
The sound problems I was having with the initial build are somewhat better, but not totally fixed. I get voiceovers for awhile, then they stop. The final scene is totally silent, which is a shame, because it's very dramatic. Unfortunately, BF has locked the thread which announced this new build, so there's nowhere to air problems with it in a public forum. I don't think we should be discouraged to speak out about game issues. Goodness knows, there are so few forums left here, it's hard to keep a sense of community going. Sorry- just ranting, had a non-fun time with this game today. Did finish it, and it seemed pretty long to me (someone had mentioned how short it was - maybe I just play slowly). Grin. Bear it.

Edited on 02/19/2014 at 6:40:26 PM PST

Plientje
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Plientje on Feb 19, 14 7:13 PM
Hi all,

had the same problems as most of you, screen snowing in, flashing picture of boat.

Following the advice of BF I replayed the game under the name "admin", and then got the same point, and it started all over... flashing and snowing. But then I had the idea of hitting the skip button (skipping the cut-scene) and it worked! I could play on! But then.... a couple of minutes later, trying to climb out of the ravine, the same problem occured. I tried throwing the grappling hook up anyway, and that also worked! I got out of the scene and could play on. I couldn't play on much further, as my hour ran out.... I did play the game twice under different names, so it's quite logical I didn't have much time left....

But I do hope that other fishies can get past this problem the same way and can try out this game properly.

Due to these problems I am on the fence wether I would buy it, it looks like a really fun game and I would want to spent a PCC on it....

Good luck everyone!

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Feb 19, 14 7:45 PM
After I made the potion for the polar bear, got to where he was at and all of a sudden, got critical error, then access error, program shut down. Not able to proceed. Had to reboot my computer. HP Vista. Everything is up to date. So, there seems to be alot of different issues with this game. What I was able to play was good.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 20, 14 1:25 AM
The fix did not work for me. I am still having the flashing scene and water running down the screen. Also the cursor keeps multiplying. I also see that some members have gotten the game to work skipping scenes etc. You shouldn't have to find a way around the problems. There shouldn't be any.....

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Feb 20, 14 4:40 AM
Personally I think it's a crock. I don't think we should HAVE to play as admin. to get a game to play properly. Some of us are nearly computer illiterate but enjoy the games. We spend our money on BF games just the same as everyone else. So, BF, make these games work or you'll be losing customers. RANT OVER!

catluvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by catluvr on Feb 20, 14 7:58 AM
played the demo then bought the game. guess what...stuck at cabin playing hos. keeps taking me back there and ive already played it! i want a refund. tired of the games not playing.

[Post New]by fran1957 on Feb 20, 14 8:55 AM
leacraw wrote:'Tracer' stars popping up after I tried the grappling hook to exit up out of ice cave. So many games lately that have tech issues for me. My computer is up to date. I'm running Windows 8. The only thing new is using Avast antivirus. Anyone else have trouble with it?

Have the exact same problem

Go to: