Re:Reviews for Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 23, 14 8:25 AM
Interesting game and interesting reviews. Some comments in no particular order: every time you finish an objective/find a new one, there's a kind of banner in the middle of the screen which tells you you have completed the objective/have a new objective and it just sits there, and you can't get rid of it, until it's finally fades out on its own. I'd even zeroed in on a scene and the banner was still there, partially blocking my view. When you find a ghost to speak with, the cursor fades, until the dialogue is over - a little odd. I knew I had read there were morphing objects which I really like finding, but I was close to the end of the demo, before I found one in each of the 2 last scenes I went into. I have a pretty good eye and couldn't spot any before that point, and the SG was a brief sample of the full one, so it didn't list anything, and I have no idea if I missed any, but that was pretty late for the first morphing object to show up. I had no trouble with the mini-games not working properly, although I did skip a few. I liked the sumptuous opera house scenes, even though I wondered how a building which had burned down had been rebuilt to look like a much earlier period. I found most of the accents pretty awful -- some were sort of okay French, but the Italian were truly bad. Our villain, not sure what accent that was. Although I recognize that some people would be driven crazy by the repetitive music, for me it was just ear candy -- didn't bother me, but also didn't do much for the story. Other people I think mentioned no reset button in the mini-puzzles, at least none I could spot, but I found a way around that and one reset itself when you got the wrong answer. Ultimately I found it a nice game with a very nice atmosphere, but not enough that made me want it right now. I have a whole group of games I've bought and not gotten to, and, at least for now, I'm passing on this one, but I have no doubt that a lot of people will enjoy it.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Feb 24, 14 7:36 PM
fun but not fantastic is what I find after completing game and bonus. lots of things to do, found a couple of callbacks to the old RTR (ghost and catacomb) so that was interesting. first time I ever raked water....lots of bling if you dig that sort of thing...puzzles were very easy but at least there was no critter involved. I'm looking forward to bigger and better things from these devs

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Feb 26, 14 11:23 AM
This is a record for me, 15 minutes into the demo and i bought it !
Having said that, there is an offer on, but I can't remember doing that since Phantasmat.....Well done devs

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Mar 1, 14 6:29 PM
Upon the completion of the game, I can say that it is an okay game. You don't really need the SG, since the jump map tells you where available actions are located. It seems that this game is "sectioned" very well, so you don't have to keep going back to the beginning scene. Once you are done with a particular section, another opens up and everything you need is there. Honestly, the graphics were a tad peculiar in that I found them not consistent throughout the game. Sometimes items looked like drawings, and yet some looked very realistic. Story line did nothing for me, been there and done that. The voice overs took away from the quality of the game. If you are going to use people speaking English with an supposedly Italian accent....hire someone to do just that. Most of the items I was interested in for the extra's could only be opened once you finish the bonus chapter. I did not really see a need for this, but that's how they do it in this game. The achievements you can check out any time. Imagine getting an achievement for skipping puzzles?!? I had to laugh. I did enjoy the game play, but not because of the story line, or even the voice overs. I just looked at it as a challenge to play, which really wasn't there, but it was a fun few hours anyways.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Mar 22, 14 1:17 PM
Loved,loved, loved this game!! I totally agree with all the positive reviews. Wonderful music, graphics, scenery, story, everything!! The only negatives I have for this game (and I usually have at least one per game!), is Gaspar sounded more like Peter Lorre to me, than some French guy! Also I really don't like real actors in a game. But that was it. And I have never, in my recollection, seen so many "extras" at the end of a game. You really get your monies worth with this one. I can't imagine any "fishie" finding fault with this game.

feenix

[Post New]by bailey4701 on Sep 7, 14 12:25 PM
the guy at the music room will not take the flute. Why?

Go to: