Re:Welcome to Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy forum

[Post New]by rebakaye on Mar 19, 09 9:00 PM
It may have taken 4 hours to download, but OMG! It is so worth it! The graphics are amazing and it's a "use your head and mind" sort of game instead of just looking for hidden objects..........I am very glad I bought it!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 20, 09 2:13 AM
faxbot882 wrote: I agree with Poodlebear NO demo No purchase.

Well nice to be agreed with but I have NEVER said that and I do not feel this way at all. I've bought lots of Large File games, including this one, and am very happy with most of them. I do research and read reviews and make my determination from that. I have said No Relaxed Mode = No Sale, but I am fine with no demos. If you hate or can not run a game you've bought sight unseen contact customer support and they will likely deactivate the one you don't like and give you a coupon code to use on something else.

I for one LOVE this game! Worth every penny and then some.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 20, 09 2:16 AM
Dara6028 wrote:
faxbot882 wrote:How many have actualy been able to get WATER after they make the repair on the rope and bucket at the well?

It worked for me.

Worked fine for me too. You have to lower the bucket all the way down so there is no more rope on the spindle by the handle.

faxbot882
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by faxbot882 on Mar 20, 09 8:53 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
faxbot882 wrote: I agree with Poodlebear NO demo No purchase.

Well nice to be agreed with but I have NEVER said that and I do not feel this way at all. I've bought lots of Large File games, including this one, and am very happy with most of them. I do research and read reviews and make my determination from that. I have said No Relaxed Mode = No Sale, but I am fine with no demos. If you hate or can not run a game you've bought sight unseen contact customer support and they will likely deactivate the one you don't like and give you a coupon code to use on something else.

I for one LOVE this game! Worth every penny and then some.

Poodlebear, SO sorry for the mis-quote. How could I have confused your name with the six other fishies who made statements about Not buying a game without the benifit of a demo. You seem to be enjoying the game thats a good thing right HAGD and Happy playing.

[Post New]by Rocket54321 on Mar 20, 09 9:38 AM
shirtbutton wrote:I am also getting the same problem about playing it. I get to the first page where all the moons come together and then nothing. I have reinstalled it but still nothing. Help please.

Same problem, can anyone help me with this?

[Post New]by tarrenjane on Mar 20, 09 3:38 PM
Took forever to down load this game, Really started to figure it out, The water issue, Go to your inventory clock on those bottles, then click on pail after you repair and take it back down to fill. jugs wil fill for your inventory...
I d am stuck...dont know what to do next, I was trying to do the recipe with the flour but ingrediants wont go anywhere... I have her fully clothed, and clicked on scissors, it cuts her hair... also found the glasses. WHAT NEXT???

[Post New]by Leadfootlily on Mar 20, 09 3:53 PM
Hi, I bought this game, it is challenging, that is the best part.............just can't find the glasses................do you have to complete one thing before moving on to another?

Skipperbp32
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Skipperbp32 on Mar 20, 09 9:04 PM
So far I like this game. I've been struggling with ALL games ever since Return to Ravenhurst. Nothing is as fun. So far this one has kept my attention, although so far its only a 10th of the R2R. I had no problems with the download or running the game. I HAVE struggled with the use of the objects... its awkward. And the Well water was a nightmare at first. A few hints from here and everything worked just fine. I've now learned to go slow with the use of the objects. And the use of them is not going to be obvious or intuitive.

I'm having a devil of a time figuring out how to get the cream onto my face. Oddly enough, this is the second batch - I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it the first time. Very embarrassing. I'll probably end up smearing the jam on my face!

Good luck to all.

WhipFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by WhipFish on Mar 20, 09 11:24 PM
Doodle720. My daughter pointed me towards Universal Hints System that I like better than a walk through because you get one hint at a time so it doesn't give more away than you want. I think I used it for Return to Mysterious Island, and I know I've used it for many others. Sometimes I have opened all the hints in one section and printed them out if the game was tough and I didn't want to go back and forth.

But this one is so new it doesn't show up there yet. I think they had a 60 or 90 day free trial of the hint system. Just another avenue.

WhipFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by WhipFish on Mar 20, 09 11:29 PM
Regarding water:

That is one of the things I didn't have trouble with! Everything worked and the rope got fixed and I had found the glass bottles (although I clicked on every jug before finding them), the bucket went down and voila! I goofed up when trying to make the cream (made two jars of dubious stuff which I had to throw out and even got one batch of something wrong on my face and was chastised by Nostradamus) and had to go back down for more water! But thankfully it worked the 2nd time.

[Post New]by growerlade on Mar 21, 09 8:05 AM
[

Edited on 03/21/2009 at 8:09:21 AM PST

[Post New]by growerlade on Mar 21, 09 8:08 AM
i'm having the same problem, I've tried updating my drivers and direct x but still can't get past the opening section where you have to pick a symbol to save the game. It freezes when i hit yes??? help please i would like to play this game

[Post New]by gmadebs on Mar 21, 09 8:21 AM
I tried the first Nostradamus and loved it but i am not sure i want to purchase a game i cannot try first. All this week i received 'tomorrows games today' for games that do not offer free trials. I am new here. Just started to use BF a couple months ago and thought we always got a free trial version ..I purchased Cate West vanishing files. and Amazing Advintures Lost Tomb and i love the Mystery case files and will eventually purchase them too thanks to being able to play them first..

[Post New]by Paperlady1 on Mar 21, 09 11:46 AM
doodle720 wrote:Oh geeeezzzzz I want to buy this game so badly but after hearing the negative reviews I am not sure. If other game sites can offer demo's on large file games then why can't big fish? I also have gone to other sites to get the demo for LF games and because I had a chance to try it and liked it I come back here to buy it.
This particular game though I cannot find a demo for, well I can, but only in German LOL Tell me folks, worth the $6.99???
I was playing return to mysterious island but got stuck and because it is a not so new a game anymore I guess nobody is at that forum anymore, because I got no replies to my questions at all, and I was so enjoying it too!

[Post New]by Paperlady1 on Mar 21, 09 11:49 AM
http://www.download-game-demo.com/dl.php?portal=bigfish&id=4601
Try this link for a free demo offered by BDStudio Games. Funny, I'm sure BDStudio Games are linked to Big Fish so how come they are giving a demo and not BF. Are we being conned here?

Skipperbp32
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Skipperbp32 on Mar 21, 09 1:36 PM
Paperlady1,
I have no idea but I've been with Big Fish for over a year and they have been very responsive. So my gut response is no - we are not being conned here. Its simply the BF policy and as consumers we can find other choices. And when Forum users share those choices, BF doesn't remove the references.

Somewhere in all of these forums there are explainations as to the difficulites in doing demos for the large file games.

davidvsautism
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Rope won't break at well

[Post New]by davidvsautism on Mar 22, 09 4:47 AM
I have lowered and raised the bucket several times at the well but the rope won't break. HELP!

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Mar 22, 09 9:27 AM
If the rope won't break, then try getting the water with the collector of all things jars or whatever they are called.

I don't understand the not breaking. Did you lower the pail twice or more?

[Post New]by bert55 on Mar 22, 09 6:55 PM
I clicked on the rope and it says no sense it's much too short. what doi do now? where is another rope?

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Mar 22, 09 9:21 PM
There is a rope somewhere in the "yard" on the ground. You'll need that and a bucket for the well.

Go to: