The Doctor's Blog

Re:The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 4, 14 2:57 PM
The Doctor: 164744

Hi Duncan, thanks for your response: I agree whole heartedly that friends and the gifting is the best part of this game! I've already sent Dori a Phoenix egg, so if you are able to send her one, send something diferent!

I've been looking at the hidden areas that Whitebutterfly_54 reported in their post: I'm pretty sure that the one leading from the Archchancellor's Throne Room by way of the staircase has the potential to be a whole new room but the one in the Dragon's Tower looks like it is probably abother object chest. When attempting to activate it, the ring of stars highlights the large block in the staircase wall and not the top of the staircase. I could be wrong, and probably am: but if eventually there turns out to be a nother scene leading from this tower, I don't think that this will be it. Follow the instructions in Whitebutterfly_54's post and see for youselves.

No gifting glitches today: everything arrived safely so a big thankyou to everyone who sent things! The "flower-glitch" re-appeared again though and I must have lost thirty coins... Not serious, but mildly annoying. Has anyone lost diamonds because of this glitch? Now that would really be a pain!

I have a second game in reserve that I visit once a day and have not circulated the ID: I will not until I hit level 18 in my main one. All the same, someone has managed to send me a friends request, which I accepted... How did they find the code?

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 4, 14 3:07 PM
I've been playing this game since it was released and am on my 3rd game - locked out of the first, level 17 on the second, level 12 (I think) on the third. Although I've lost countless coins that don't drop after collecting flowers, I have only lost one diamond. It happened in the room with the dragon so I try not to be at #5 when I am in that room.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 4, 14 3:12 PM
The Friend codes are just sequential numbers so all you have to do is throw in numbers and you will eventually get one with a name you send a request to.

Edited on 03/04/2014 at 3:13:07 PM PST

50Panderbear
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by 50Panderbear on Mar 4, 14 4:33 PM
OH thank u Dunkin. I finally got an Emerald Egg on my wheel wiped me out. was left w/23 coins. Came close but no cigar. spent up to 2300.00 per spin. RATS. will try to build up more coins. Because the wheel items change every 24 hrs.

sincerely
Dori

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 5, 14 4:18 PM

Well the game continues to do strange things, other people are noticing as well as I have seen for their posts. I have found that changing opponants while at the gaming table seems to throw the program off track and have had loses counted as wins. Today was the best: I started with 8920 coins, I lost to the Lord Chamberlin -100; I then attempted to regain my loses but then lost to Henry -200! In a final attempt to make a proffit, I lost 500 to the Wise Dragon! 100+200+500=800, or should have done. Yet when I left the gaming table I still had 8290 coins. Therefore 100+200+500=0!!! I'm not complaining.

I'm now wondering if I'll ever be able to open the trap door that Valeria has kindly revealed: What is a "Rainbow of Blossom"? Will things be made obvious or have I missed something again?

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 5:39:34 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 5, 14 4:38 PM
The rainbow of blossoms is the thing you're trying to craft for the raven that leads to you being locked out at level 18 or earlier. It seems like the tipping point is 13045 stars so stop filling quests before that and you should be safe and able to accumulate inventory for when the update comes.

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Mar 5, 14 5:27 PM
Maybe it's a strange benefit of my obsession with the Iron Knight, but he's the opponent I select for the Personal table most often, and most of the time I win two out of three throws with him. Very, very, very rarely will I lose all three games against him. (He's very gallant that way! )

One thing I have noticed that might explain when people get more coins than they think they should from the table -- if you hit the 'Deuce' that is you and your opponent tie -- when you roll again the game takes the stake again. Even if you lose the tie-breaking throw, you get that second stake back again -- so for example, against the Iron Knight (his bet is 20) if I win twice, then get a Deuce and then lose the tiebreaking throw, I will get 80 for my two wins, and another 20 for my extra stake for the tied result, even though I lost the second time on that throw.

The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 6, 14 11:48 AM

Well this proves that I did not imagine the strange behaviour of the gaming table! Thanks for your posts Kittchaos and and Rosiebvt... There is definately something odd about the table's arithmatic. Unfortunately, it worked perfectly today, despite the "black-screen bug" not only did I lose three games straight but it deducted the correct number of coins from my total - despite me losing to three diferent opponants.

No meaningful play today for me to whitter on about thanks to the latest glitch; but I must say that I was impressed by the rapid response of the moderators with BFGWendwater penning more responses in a couple of hours than all of the previous couple of weeks put together. I hope BFG are as enthusiastic about sorting out this bug.

Because I am addicted to the game, I tried to play around it and earned one of the items required for the "Rainbow of Blossom" only to see it vanish into an empty circle... Never to be seen again, I shouldn't wonder.

Still, we are promised a "fix" in a matter of hours, according to BFGWendwater: so fixing a surprise bug is possible "in a matter of hours" when the don't know what's wrong. This indicates that they know exactly whats wrong with the level 18 .exe bug... If they didn't they would be promising a fix in a similar time-frame!

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 1:09:30 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 6, 14 11:56 AM
[Removed by Moderator]
BFG used to be a reputable company that offered a quality product...can't say that is true anymore. This problem today should have been resolved in an hour or two....not over 12 hours!!

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 2:13:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 6, 14 1:20 PM
Hi Awalkinglady...

This indicates that the forum is only monitored for a part of the working day at where ever BFG is based and that there is absolutely no coverage at other times. For a company serving a world-wide market this is distinctly odd.

The time delay indicates that the failure occurred soon after work finished for the day... What actually impressed me (I'll leave you to work out whether the impression was favourable or unfavourable) was the speed that BFGWendwater swung into damage-limitation mode after starting work. Compare this response (when they don't know what's causing the problem) with their very casual response to the .exe bug. This leads to the conclusion that they know what the problem is and have budgeted for any damage that it is doing to their reputation as a games company otherwise they would have reacted in exactly the way that they reacted to the "black screen" bug...

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 1:21:54 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 6, 14 1:32 PM
Hi Ken_TheDoctor and awalkinglady,

I'm sorry to see that you didn't appreciate my response. As I mentioned in my previous post, we were not present in the office when the error occurred and we tried to give notice to as many people as possible when we arrived.

The current 'black screen' issue is server-based and completely separate from the .exe glitch, which is an error within the game's build. The developer is working hard to get the game back up and running within the next few hours, although we have been notified that there will be some connections errors in the interim.

Thanks for voicing your concern, but let's go ahead and keep this thread on topic and keep the posts constructive, or I will need to lock it.

You can always post about these technical issues in our dedicated tech thread HERE in the meantime. Thanks for understanding!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 1:33:10 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 6, 14 1:39 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:Hi Awalkinglady...

This indicates that the forum is only monitored for a part of the working day at where ever BFG is based and that there is absolutely no coverage at other times. For a company serving a world-wide market this is distinctly odd.

The time delay indicates that the failure occurred soon after work finished for the day... What actually impressed me (I'll leave you to work out whether the impression was favourable or unfavourable) was the speed that BFGWendwater swung into damage-limitation mode after starting work. Compare this response (when they don't know what's causing the problem) with their very casual response to the .exe bug. This leads to the conclusion that they know what the problem is and have budgeted for any damage that it is doing to their reputation as a games company otherwise they would have reacted in exactly the way that they reacted to the "black screen" bug...

i also find it very strange that the BFG website and forum does not have 24 hour coverage. And I agree that their response (or lack of) to the .exe issue has been quite casual. Of course the "positive" side is that we did in fact finally get a response about the problems today.

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 2:04:28 PM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 6, 14 1:56 PM
A lot of multinationals do not have 24/7 staff coverage to cover problems on the other side of the world. Since we are part of a "global village" this needs addressing. I'm sure many people would like varied working hours.

The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 7, 14 12:59 PM

The game is marching on and I am now about half way through level 16. I have noticed that my game clock has locked up and claims that I have played the game for 99 hours and 59 minutes. It has been stuck at this time for over a week, so I deduce that this must be normal.

No new glitches to report today: the gaming table paid out a loss as a win, but I did play against three different opponents, so I'm not complaining... This is one glitch that I hope they don't fix. Actually it made up exactly for the loss of twenty coins from two "flower-failures"; one in the Bailey and one in the Throne Room.

I am going to have to think of a new name for my Flying Cat! I named it "Loser" because of the junk it was bringing back. Today I released it at the castle gates and the little devil brought back a wooden chest containing 100 coins and a diamond! This is the best that any of my three pets have managed: actually it is the unpredictability that I enjoy about this game... I can never predict just what will happen! Even the flowers failing to deliver is all part of the fun!

If anyone else has observed anything odd in the game: post it so that I can look out for it too!

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 2:36:37 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 7, 14 1:12 PM
Ken, where on earth do you find the eggs? I too am at Level 16 and have never, ever seen an egg. I tried the hint someone gave regarding the Fortune Wheel, but I went in and out several times and there was no change in the items. Where in the world are they?

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on Mar 7, 14 1:29 PM
awalkinglady wrote:I've been playing this game since it was released and am on my 3rd game - locked out of the first, level 17 on the second, level 12 (I think) on the third. Although I've lost countless coins that don't drop after collecting flowers, I have only lost one diamond. It happened in the room with the dragon so I try not to be at #5 when I am in that room.

I've lost one diamond as well, but it was in the throne room. I think it is just as random as it is for the coins. I actually had two diamonds in a row that time. I got the first one, but the second one didn't drop.

Pagan

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 7, 14 11:55 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Ken, where on earth do you find the eggs? I too am at Level 16 and have never, ever seen an egg. I tried the hint someone gave regarding the Fortune Wheel, but I went in and out several times and there was no change in the items. Where in the world are they?

I never used to see eggs on my Wheel either. Then I took someone's suggestion to put an egg on my wishlist. Since they I usually have an egg on my Wheel every day in one of the two games I am playing! Can't say that I am always able to win them but at least they are showing up and the possibility is there! Give it a try and put one on your wishlist.

The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 8, 14 2:57 PM

I've been seeing eggs on the wheel about one day in three ever since I began playing: as far as I can make out their appearance is purely random. The most that I have ever seen at a time is two: although I was unable to win either of them. I've only ever managed to win one in my main game - the dragon's egg - so winning them is not the same as seeing them (which is as it should be). The strange thing is that when going after eggs, anything else is a disappointment: I went after a red egg today but did not get it - The two diamonds and the jackpot did not seem to make up for this although at any other time they would be a great result! The Phoenix egg that I won in my second game, I gave to another player: what use is good fortune if you can't share it?

I would like to thank everyone who showered me with gifts yesterday and today: I'll get back to you as soon as I can, although the "five-gift-limit" is causing me some embarrassment - I feel that I am letting friends down. Incidentally, I received five lots of dragon food yesterday, which meant that I was able to let Frog loose early: unfortunately the glitch struck again and I don't know who the fifth person was (no name received)... I know about the gift from Bella's Mom; one of the Anis; Bev and Lionheart but if you are the fifth person who sent dragon food yesterday please post so that I can add you to my list.

I must say that I am looking forward to Monday's update and would like to thank BFG for notifying us of the shut-down in advance... So whether it solves all of the problems or not at least the forum will not be bombarded with rabid complaints by disappointed addicts like me!

See you all in the castle.

The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 9, 14 4:52 PM

As I said yesterday, I am really looking forward to tomorrow's update, although because of the time difference and the unpleasant fact that I have a day-shift at work tomorrow, I probably will not be able to play until Tuesday.... JUST HOW WILL I MANAGE WITHOUT MY DAILY FIX OF MIDNIGHT CASTLE?????

Seriously though, when I am able to play again, I intend to keep my score down well below the dreaded 13045, just until I read on the forum that it does prevent the lock-out.

I've been busy crafting today and am beginning to wonder if the behavior of the two "Gift Wheels" either side of the centre crafted object have a glitch. All I have ever won are "red-x's", the handful of coins, the occasional very common white mark or, in one instance, a diamond. All of the other objects and eggs just seem to flash past without stopping. Sometimes it looks as if it is going to stop on something else but then slips on over to the next x or coins. If we cannot win the other objects from time to time, then why are they there?

Has anyone else ever won anything other than the few things that I list, or am I right in thinking that this is another bug?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 9, 14 5:11 PM
Somebody mentioned that it seems to be only the least valuable items on the wheel that you win. I've been watching and that is the case with my crafting, so all the other items are just teasers to make you think you may finally win the jackpot. Bummer.
However, not being able to get on the game right away is probably a good thing. You'll have thousands of people debugging anything new so you don't have to go through the frustration of finding problems, only waiting for them to be fixed. That is good, right?!

Go to: