cash strapped

Re:cash strapped

[Post New]by StormyNightsky on Mar 2, 14 11:53 PM
I am on level 54 and have a good amount of coins....... look up my friend number on that thread ..... friend request me and I will show you how I can give you 40,000 coins to help you upgrade your buildings

[Post New]by StormyNightsky on Mar 2, 14 11:57 PM
my friend number is 608679

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 3, 14 12:23 AM
Theyenna,

You are 100% correct. Thanks for the great tip! It works!

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Mar 3, 14 5:35 AM
I, too, am cash strapped and crystal poor. I can only play for 10 minutes a day also. I wish I had never started the Festival quest since it will be impossible for me to finish. I would rather have all the coins that I have spent on it already back and use them on upgrades. When you need something it is hard to get and uses up all my energy. Loved the game when I first started it but becoming more and more frustrated with getting nowhere each day. DON'T DO THE FESTIVAL!!!!

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Mar 3, 14 6:00 AM
StormyNightsky wrote:my friend number is 608679

Friend request sent. I'm Gahzelle in game.

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Mar 3, 14 6:16 AM
I finished the quest today. Paid good coin to buy the last few items I needed.
Don't like the decorations, I take them down how? What do you mean wait for the next upgrade?????
Nice of them to give an increase to max energy and full top-up of energy at the end. I'd like to have back all the resources and coin that I wasted though....

Edited on 03/03/2014 at 9:20:20 AM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 3, 14 8:31 AM
Played this morning. Here's a good tip. Don't worry about playing the levels to obtain the cards for the hut game. You can buy them for $. They are 300 each. I took 3000 and bought 10, then just kept playing 2 cards. Then took the money and bought some more until I maxed out. It takes a little time, but in the end.. you get 500 exp. points AND 1200 in cash.

Then, I went in my collections, there is a collection in Platinum.. Fairy Flower Set. If you have that you can gain 10% extra in coins. Before you know it, you'll not only have enough to begin upgrading and reaping in the cash.. you'll move up levels.

After you master the level.. I keep buying the cards because each win pays 1200, but only costs you 600 to play. You're doubling you money!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 3, 14 8:35 AM
StormyNightsky wrote:my friend number is 608679

Put in request. I'm Nevin in the game

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Mar 3, 14 9:18 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Played this morning. Here's a good tip. Don't worry about playing the levels to obtain the cards for the hut game. You can buy them for $. They are 300 each. I took 3000 and bought 10, then just kept playing 2 cards. Then took the money and bought some more until I maxed out. It takes a little time, but in the end.. you get 500 exp. points AND 1200 in cash.

Then, I went in my collections, there is a collection in Platinum.. Fairy Flower Set. If you have that you can gain 10% extra in coins. Before you know it, you'll not only have enough to begin upgrading and reaping in the cash.. you'll move up levels.

After you master the level.. I keep buying the cards because each win pays 1200, but only costs you 600 to play. You're doubling your money!

Thanks for that. I'm upgrading the Fungus hut. In 3 hours or so (no I will not speed up the upgrade with crystals) I have about 30 cards waiting to be played. I'll do as you suggested and keep buying and playing them till I'm 5/5. Then I'll buy a bunch more and spend a "special token" for the upgrade. Seems I've got 8 or 10 of the 10% upgrade in $ coins laying around in inventory.....

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Mar 3, 14 12:17 PM
Thayenna, & Chestnut Heights, thank you so much for your help. I spent all the available cash I had on hand and bought fungus tiles. Played it to 4/5 trophies, bought more tiles, spent a 10% coin upgrade and played to 5/5 trophies. I now know how to make money. Will go on a serious building upgrading spree and get it all out of the way. If you are ever out my way stop in for a lobster dinner......
Yours was the advice I needed.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Mar 4, 14 6:20 PM
What a great tip about the card game! This will definitely help with the money that needed for upgrades.

[Post New]by IceBoxJ on Mar 8, 14 10:30 AM
Thanks so much Thayenna & Chestnut Heights for those fantastic tips! I have already made great use of them and they have made my gaming experience so much more enjoyable! Thank you for sharing!

Tinker44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Tinker44 on Mar 8, 14 1:59 PM
Excellent advice here.... I thought I was on the right track, but now I can see that with Thayenna's advice, that I will get there! (PS, I did send a friend request, I am Celebrae in-game)

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 8, 14 7:56 PM
Ty, Thay and Chestnut for the tips. I haven't gotten to where you are yet but now I know what to do when I do. Also, thanks to Daisy for the heads up on the Festival. Leena's getting the water ready for the party but that's all I've gotten so far.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Mar 9, 14 7:24 PM
I must also add my thanks. I've hardly played at the higher levels, but hit the max on the one that takes 2 tile sets. The payouts have allowed me to work on upgrades all over the place (they'll all be finished tonight sometime), and I'll do it all again in the morning. At some point I suppose I'll try to work up on the higher levels, but I am profiting so much in the lowest level game that I don't see any real reason to try to hurry on the others. I'm sure the rewards will be higher, but so will the costs. So I'll work on some analysis of the rewards vs cost when I get there and decide which levels to play.
Thank you again...this was a fantastic tip!

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Mar 10, 14 7:06 AM
I agree great tip. I was able to upgrade three things to level 5 yesterday with a few hours of play. It got a little boring, but I just want to get everything done so I am ready when they update.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 10, 14 10:28 PM
Thanks ekstra for answering my question without my asking. I finished building the hut yesterday and looked inside today. 16 levels and I thought Thay was saying I had to finish them all to the top of the cups for her plan to work. Thank goodness I was mistaken.
Thay, would this work with all of the mini-games or just the ones you mentioned? I'm very good at the glass game and the game where you click the boxes to fill the list at the top ie. Silver crosses x 5, brown coins x 3, etc. I can't for the life of me figure out the quilt game, it's like Sudoku...I hate that game.
P.S. Daisy, I've got another Leena picture in my quest lineup. Should I ignore her? Is she the Bringer of Doom in Festival Land? LOL

Edited on 03/10/2014 at 10:32:27 PM PST

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Mar 11, 14 4:34 AM
Vlania wrote:Thanks ekstra for answering my question without my asking. I finished building the hut yesterday and looked inside today. 16 levels and I thought Thay was saying I had to finish them all to the top of the cups for her plan to work. Thank goodness I was mistaken.
Thay, would this work with all of the mini-games or just the ones you mentioned? I'm very good at the glass game and the game where you click the boxes to fill the list at the top ie. Silver crosses x 5, brown coins x 3, etc. I can't for the life of me figure out the quilt game, it's like Sudoku...I hate that game.
P.S. Daisy, I've got another Leena picture in my quest lineup. Should I ignore her? Is she the Bringer of Doom in Festival Land? LOL

okay so now I'm on the spot, for the life of me I can't remember what it was that I did to bring on the festival. On the upside, somewhere around here I posted all of the festival requirements. Go through them, (write 'em down put it by the 'puter) and you can be ready for the "requests for items" If I'd known about leafy dresses or unicorn horn flutes they would have been in my collection rather than cashed in....
Oh and the quilt game is one of my favourites and I miss playing it. Go to any of the "Mosaic Tiles" games. Play the 60 minutes, it's enough to give you the basics, but I'm with you on Sudoku!

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 12, 14 8:24 PM
Thanks, Daisy. I'll search for your list. Playing the hut now off and on. Went up 3 levels to 20, opened four HOGs and still have 8 games to the last gold cup. 16k in cash so far and have all the tiles I need to finish but that's nowhere near the 100k to upgrade and donate. Can't wait to see how Thay's plan plays out.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 12, 14 9:12 PM
Found your list, Daisy. Holy Samolians!!!! Now I don't know if I should start collecting this list or ignore the festival altogether. I haven't found anything yet about what happens if you don't do the quest or if you fail the dreaded clock.
Sheri said the festival is triggered by waking Leena. I think I already did that, she's preparing the water for the festival. Aaaaaaa!!!!!

Go to: