barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fable of Dwarfs

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 26, 14 4:15 PM
I really enjoyed this game even though I could not get gold on most levels. I usually got silver and the game was really fun to play. Only didn't finish once and had to restart that level but got it the second time.

I recommend this game - give it a try.

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 9:54:06 AM PST

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Feb 26, 14 4:19 PM
Here is another vote for untimed TM (is untimed TM an oxymoron?) games. I have really enjoyed all the games of Northern Tale and Royal Envoy because one is allowed to play at one's own speed. I really don't care about stars, and I enjoy the games just as much as those who do. I am currently playing Pioneer Lands, and I have had to start over on many of the levels. I find that starting over does allow you to prioritize and decide what needs doing first, and also you may get faster the more often you have to start over! But is it really that hard to put in an untimed mode?

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Feb 26, 14 5:06 PM
Another chance today for a TM game. Alas, this one also has joined the delete list. The colors and story are great. I will give the game that much. It is almost exactly like Royal Envoy. However, you cannot click ahead. You also must swipe your cursor over the houses to collect rent, over the sawmill to collect wood, etc. If you have more than 1 worker, they cannot both chop trees in the same forest :0 It is very hard to distinguish which tasks are completed and which arent, as far as upgrading houses. And last, but not least, is the big deal breaker. No untimed mode. I don't mind if you don't get your gold stars and you can just keep playing the level. However, to have to start the level again in order to get 1,2,or 3 stars is a no-go. I don't recommend this game.

[Post New]by asl6000 on Feb 26, 14 5:09 PM
Thank you for your feedback.
The "relaxed" mode is not working properly.
The error will be corrected in the near patch.
Must be so - when the time on the timer has expired - the game continues, but you will not get more stars.
I'm sorry for this.

A2 Entertainment.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 28, 14 2:31 PM
Well I am loving this game.

The opening scene made me think of Hogworts and Dumbledores study

I like the story, the graphics and the game play.

But I would not say it is "easy"

I am on level 10 and have had to replay about 6 levels to get gold.

The timer is not an issue. For me as in most new TM games these days it is all startedgy.

However, what I have found with this game is the mental maths you need to do to progress quickly.

Like how many of this or that or the other you need before you demolish a factory & replace it with something else.

I am lucky in that respect as my mental math is not too bad but I can see how some would struggle with their 75 times tables etc LOL.

Something else that is "easier" with this game is you get what you pay for with your factories.

£500 gives you 50, £1000 gives you 100 and £2500 gives you 250, so there is not always the need to "save up" to get a bargain when you use the factories, some times it can be quicker not to.

It is a great little game that isn't quite as manic as it may seem at first, if you don't mind replaying levels and getting your strategy right. At the end of the day, that just adds to its length as well.

[Post New]by julie65608 on Feb 28, 14 11:00 PM
I love this game. The graphics are awesome. My only suggestion to anyone is finish the game and then go back and try for three gold stars. It takes a lot of strategic planning to get three stars on each level. Awesome game. Thank you BFG. I do not usually like game with timed modes, but I was able to do this one with no problem. Finished game. Now to work on three stars for each level. Swim on fishes! BTW could we see about making it possible to get a windowed screen? Had to go in and out of game to check forum for tips to the two levels I just could not figure out. Thanks again and kudos to the A2s.

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 11:07:22 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Mar 1, 14 4:01 PM
This game is good. There is no reason not to buy. I want to add my two cents because I feel like there is a coordinated assault on many games by people who have made it their missions in life to bash all TM games that may and even may not have timers.
You really need to try the game out and see how the timer works. Its fine. There's no reason to not buy this game if you like the genre and other similar games.
I see there is a large # of posts that have been deleted here and I hope that mine does not join them.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Mar 2, 14 2:39 PM
I really think this is one of the best management games I have played. I would suggest to the devs that when a mill, garden or gold mine run out we should be able to demolish them and then the targets of the gold collection, which I find very hard to achieve before the time runs out, would be achievable. I find I am waiting to build up the gold after I have finished all the deeds. It is still a fun game - A bit of a panic one though - but I did buy and even though I cannot beat the clock I am enjoying very much. I hope we see a 2nd version with the extra option of being able to demolish old mines etc.

wbiss
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by wbiss on Mar 2, 14 3:16 PM
I absolutely love this game! I've played a LOT of TM games and this one, thus far, is my favorite. The graphics are stunning and the 'strategy' is enticing and lures you back to re-think and re-play a level in order to achieve the gold. Levels gets more challenging as you progress but so does your strategy. The music is lovely (not irritating) and no smart/annoying comments from the workers! Great storyline and lots of levels for a long game play.

If I were to improve upon it in any way, it would be by giving a 'reward' for finishing a level with gold (i.e. building a scene outside the game or a book of trophies to view) and yes, a 'relaxed mode' for those with less nimble clicking abilities or math skills would attract more players. Thank you to the developers, A2 - it's a beautiful TM game and I'm looking forward to Fable of Dwarfs 2!

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Mar 4, 14 12:52 PM
I'm still waiting for the "fix" to allow a relaxed mode as promised by developer on Feb 26th. I will buy this great game as soon as that happens. Soon I hope before us "waiters" forget about it.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Mar 11, 14 10:58 PM
I enjoyed this game until I got to the Fog levels. I really do not like Fog levels. They have them in Royal Envoy too.

Am I the only one that doesn't like these Fog levels?

I wish there was a way to skip them. The game would be much more enjoyable for me.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Mar 12, 14 5:16 AM
Im with you on that miss_marigold, they did promise to put a "untimed mode" in the game, I think someone on here said there was a "relaxed mode" for this game but it made the game simpler to play, well I don't want it a simpler game I want a "no timer mode" with the same tasks and accomplishments as the original etc,etc

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 5:19:20 AM PST

chiniakbay
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by chiniakbay on Jun 1, 14 8:22 AM
I'm really bummed about the timer. No relaxed mode, no buy.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Jun 17, 14 10:23 AM
I'm not sure what all of you are playing but this game DOES have a relaxed mode. At least mine does. Although I opted to play in the normal mode for the challenge. Was it added after the comments or was it originally there? Don't know.
I prefer to be able to multitask though and not wait for one action to finish before clicking another. That slows you enough sometimes to prevent you from getting the gold status.

[Post New]by cookie711 on Jul 5, 14 12:22 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fable of Dwarfs here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fable of Dwarfs.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a> and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgDeveron

Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 1319 on Dec 19, 14 8:43 AM
Greatest one of this kind. Great graphics, great variety and some great challenges. Would love to know when there will be another like this one.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 16, 15 7:44 AM
Not crazy about this game...don't like timers and it seems the workers are a bit pokey and the activity is a lacking...thus making it a bit boring and dull. Don't think I will be completing this one. I prefer games like the Hercules and Viking games.

Go to: