Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 1, 14 1:40 PM
Ok, I exited the HO scene and went back in and it let me finally pick up the X. Anyway, this shouldn't happen but I guess I should be happy that I can now move on in the game.

rayhnee
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by rayhnee on Mar 1, 14 3:21 PM
I played the demo and decided to buy it. When I started to play again it said my game was corrupted and I needed to restart. No biggie, wasn't far along then as I entered the hidden area and saw ::whoever:: kneeling facing the wall. She started to turn and my computer crashed and I got the blue screen of death. When I restarted and started the game again, it said my game was corrupted and I had to restart.

I play on Windows.

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Mar 1, 14 3:59 PM
I am with Mark. I am sick and tired ot doing all the work to resolve these issues. I can tell you in the last year I probably have submitted six communications to BFG due to problems (along with Dr. Felix reports). This is getting old. We are the customer and deserve better. Sorry.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 1, 14 6:54 PM
Ok this is getting old real fast. Now, I am in the grandmothers room have placed the letters which keyed up a HOS. I can complete the entire scene except it will not allow me to pick up the knife to open the can for the rattle. I have exited the scene like I did in a previous HOS but the only thing that changed was where the rattle was on the list. I have exited the game twice but nothing.
I absolutely REFUSE to restart yet another game and play up to where I was, I've had to do this to many times recently and it just ruins the gaming experience. I play these games for enjoyment and to forget about the crazy day that I have had but it seems even my bad luck today followed me into this game. So now I am stuck....can't finish the game....what to do, what to do. I guess I'll wait to see if there is a fix. BOOO!

I forgot to add that I am playing on a Win8 using IE. All of my files are up to date which were checked earlier today.

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 6:56:59 PM PST

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

game freeze

[Post New]by agedog1 on Mar 1, 14 6:56 PM
I have a new "super laptop" and it is capable of playing any and all games. This is the first time it froze. Because I have such a great computer I am uninstalling this game - if it freeze's your computer you also should uninstall and trash it. This game needs to be fixed before it is put back on BigFish games

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Mar 1, 14 8:05 PM
Wow so glad I'm not the only one! My computer froze and I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL and even then was left with a black screen! Had to turn off computer at the back!!! So hoping no permanent damage. Will take advice to uninstall. Very scary. Scariest part of the game.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Mar 1, 14 11:16 PM
My computer froze, had to shut down, 2 times before I could get rid of it and log back on. I have a Alienware HP and it should be able to play anything. I am deleting it, never got to see anything about it.

cajued
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by cajued on Mar 2, 14 7:02 AM
rayhnee wrote:I played the demo and decided to buy it. When I started to play again it said my game was corrupted and I needed to restart. No biggie, wasn't far along then as I entered the hidden area and saw ::whoever:: kneeling facing the wall. She started to turn and my computer crashed and I got the blue screen of death. When I restarted and started the game again, it said my game was corrupted and I had to restart.

I play on Windows.

Don't worry. It's not your laptop, I'm playing in Mac and is the same

[Post New]by LaineeLou on Mar 2, 14 9:16 AM
I don't get the dumbbell after the HOP in the bedroom. I'm almost to the end and this happens -- very frustrating.

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

When fixed let me know I liked the game

[Post New]by agedog1 on Mar 2, 14 10:07 AM
Someone let me know when they fix this game - I really liked it but I can't have it crashing my brand new "super laptop" that I paid big $$$$$ for. I am very fortunate as I also have several very large external drives that I alternate backing up to. Most of the BF players don't have that advantage.

So when the thing works somebody please let me know.

Thank you agedog1 (AKA Chere)

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Mar 2, 14 10:08 AM
I thought I missed something, although I use the map for finding places where things need to be done, but I never did get the winch for the old cemetery tile. I checked the guide (had to go back quite a ways), and I never did get the HOP in the car trunk that gives you the winch. I'm over halfway through (or farther!) and even though I closed the game down (in order to check the forums for help), then went back in when I thought I found the answer, still no HOP in the car trunk, and in fact now none of the scenes have exclamation points meaning something needs to be done there. I've been lucky that the game hasn't crashed on me, but from what I've seen, this game should never have been released until the majority of the bugs were worked out. Guess I'll try deleting it (trashing it) then reloading it, but I'm not happy that I bought the game and now can't finish it. This is the first one in a long time I've had issues with. I'm playing on an iMac, so I know it's not a Windows update causing the issues.

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Mar 2, 14 1:04 PM
Running on Mac OS 6. Can’t see the bottom of the screen, meaning can’t see the bottom row of HOGs. I have adjusted my screen to be as small as possible and it doesn’t help.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 2, 14 1:26 PM
agedog1 wrote:Someone let me know when they fix this game - I really liked it but I can't have it crashing my brand new "super laptop" that I paid big $$$$$ for. I am very fortunate as I also have several very large external drives that I alternate backing up to. Most of the BF players don't have that advantage.

Hello agedog1,

Allow me to say a couple of things to you with all due respect of course.

First of all, if you own a "brand new "super laptop" that you paid big $$$$$ for", you shouldn't be afraid of the game crashing it so I think you might like to at least give the free sample a try as most likely you won't have the slightest issue with it.

Secondly, I believe neither you nor anyone of us is in position to speak about the advantages or the disadvantages the majority of Big Fish players have regarding their computers; unless we know all of them personally of course.

Last but not least, being a little more cautious and thoughtful as to what we are writing and how exactly we formulate it, can protect us from being misunderstood and other people from feeling insulted.

Thank you.

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 1:40:51 AM PST

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on Mar 2, 14 1:31 PM
I played the demo fine. But the game now keeps repeatedly quitting on me. I'm stuck at the railroad track session (and it won't let me skip). But even quits when I move to other locations.

I'm about to give up on the game. Why doesn't BF de-bug these games before it puts them up for purchase. I'm on Mac Maverick and don't have problems with other games.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Mar 2, 14 2:47 PM
Looked to be interesting. Unfortunately:

1)After downloading the demo and pressing 'play' (from Game Manager), the first thing I noticed was there was only the 'Play', 'Options' and 'Exit' choices; no 'Extras' choice (to see achievements, extra game play, etc.). Did something not download completely here?

2)After typing my name in the 'player' area and pressing O.K. , the game rolled along fine. . .that is, until after the messenger showed up at the door. Following the signature on the messenger's clip board, I then pressed 'O.K.' but my screen went black. I continued to hear the heroine's (Holly) narration and her - apparently - driving to the asylum(?), but the screen was black and the game cursor remained frozen.

I attempted three times to Ctrl/Alt/Del, but to no avail. All that was left to do was shut my computer down, restart and go into Control Panel to uninstall the game.

Another "Oh well"!!

Rockdiva
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Rockdiva on Mar 2, 14 2:54 PM
I've been playing the game, with no hitches, until the HO scene in chapter three. There is a pumpkin that I'm supposed to pick a knife up and carve, there are two problems with that, one is I am unable to pick up the knife the second one is that the pumpkin already has a face carved into it. I tried just clicking on the already carved pumpkin, but no go. I can go no further, if I can't finish the HO scene.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 2, 14 3:36 PM
Rockdiva wrote:I've been playing the game, with no hitches, until the HO scene in chapter three. There is a pumpkin that I'm supposed to pick a knife up and carve, there are two problems with that, one is I am unable to pick up the knife the second one is that the pumpkin already has a face carved into it. I tried just clicking on the already carved pumpkin, but no go. I can go no further, if I can't finish the HO scene.

Hi Rockdiva,

I think there is something wrong with this certain HOS. Although we are supposed to carve the pumpkin with a knife and put a lit candle in it, as the strategy guide clearly suggests, the only thing that works, it worked for me anyway, is to pick up the box of matches which lies at the right of the scene and click with it on the pumpkin. Have you tried that? If not, please give it a shot and let me know what happened if you wish.

I suspect this is an error in the game and hopefully it will be fixed along with all the other issues it seems to be having.

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 4:37:33 PM PST

pslayton2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pslayton2 on Mar 2, 14 3:59 PM
I finished the main game with no problems(loved it) but when I was looking at the extras it kicked me out with the message The crash log file Crash.Report.dmp was created in the game folder. Now I can not access the bonus chapter because this keeps happening. Help!

[Post New]by mickeyzeus on Mar 2, 14 4:23 PM
The game played fine for me until I reached the bonus chapter. Locked up.

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by agedog1 on Mar 2, 14 5:31 PM
tammytheo wrote:
agedog1 wrote:Someone let me know when they fix this game - I really liked it but I can't have it crashing my brand new "super laptop" that I paid big $$$$$ for. I am very fortunate as I also have several very large external drives that I alternate backing up to. Most of the BF players don't have that advantage.

Hello agedog1,

Allow me to say a couple of things to you with all due respect of course.

First of all, if you own a "brand new "super laptop" that you paid big $$$$$ for", you shouldn't be afraid of the game crashing it so I think you might like to at least give the free sample a try as most likely you won't have the slightest issue with it.

Secondly, I believe neither you nor anyone of us are in position to speak about the advantages or the disadvantages the majority of Big Fish players have regarding to their computers; unless we know all of them personally of course.

Last but not least, being a little more cautious and thoughtful as to what we are writing and how exactly we formulate it, can protect us from being misunderstood and other people from feeling insulted.

Thank you.

Evidently you did not bother to read MY post. I did play it. It crashed. For gosh sake read the post before you are so rash. What is it do you work for the company that produced this game?

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 5:33:37 PM PST

Go to: