shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 2, 14 4:11 PM
FORTUNATUS said:

"<snip> Bottom line, we all love BFG or we wouldn't be here... it's the changes that are being made and with changes, there is going to be unrest. The unrest would be less amplified if BFG would take considerate measures to inform us of upcoming changes in an upfront way.... <snip>"

I stopped "loving" them when they abandoned the entire PC/Mac Community by disbanding the Forums in such a despicable manner.

I continued to recognize their value as a retail site to purchase games -- great customer service, good sales, large selection of games, good perks for club membership. Then that changed, no live chat, F2P games twice a week (not for Mac, but not everyones first choice for sure), and now less benefit for accumulating punch cards. Sure, maybe I will still buy what I deem a fabulous game at their site, but I dropped my membership, I will wait for a sale. They have lost most of what I used to spend.

Yep, it's just business. The new crop of young players don't know any better. But we loyal customers who remember when BF offered the kind of customer appreciation that kept us buying and filling their coffers, those of us who recognize that business success is a two way street and now feel like we are being run over -- well, I can only speak for myself, but the love cannot be rekindled.

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 4:33:42 PM PST


 
RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 2, 14 4:18 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:All of you complaining about the lack of a punch on a PCC (apart from bonus punch Mondays) have actually nothing to complain about; apart from BFG not informing us that this was going to change!

We have all taken advantage of this loophole for some time and should just be grateful for that.

You do not get something for nothing these days and I am only surprised this has gone on so long.

Sorry if I have annoyed anyone but this is the truth.



cynththemoler:
have you ever LOOKED at the email you get when they send you your PCC?

this is from my latest code i received:

"Congratulations! You earned a FREE game!
Your punch card coupon code:
12345-6789A-BCDEF-GHIJK [NOT the real code, obviously!]

Don't delay! Your coupon code expires on 04.18.2014.

Use your coupon code to get any standard version game on our site, absolutely free. You'll collect a punch for your next card when you redeem your code! "

so, i'm not sure where you get the "greed" and "loophole" from when BFG TELLS us we get a punch for using a PCC right in the email THEY send out! or, actually, we USED to.

PCCs are one of the perks of membership, as was LIVE CHAT. the perks are disappearing without warning, so, IMHO, NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE UPSET.

greed, my eye.


Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I never read below the expiration date. The PCC I used to fill my punch card on Friday (or so I thought) I received on 12/31, and lo and behold, the email does say that I will collect a punch when I redeem my code, and we all know that didn't happen.

ETA---I no sooner typed this post, and I received an email and free game code from cs. I had emailed them early Friday afternoon after I didn't receive my punch. I had no idea about the rule change then. The game code has no expiration date. I appreciate that they made this right, but they could have saved a lot of cs complaints had we been notified ahead of time. I was very surprised that cs was working on a Sunday.

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 4:29:52 PM PST


 
1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by 1357wc on Mar 3, 14 1:53 AM
hippyfishie wrote:I can only speak for myself. As a longtime member I paid full price for all my games. I cannot take advantage of the great Bundle sales they have because I own all of them and paid full price like many other longtime members.

I would love to take advantage of Bundle sales. I think what you are hearing is just frustration of longtime members that Live Chat has gone, Chit Chat has gone, and now this.

I have been wanting to cancel my membership for a while now, simply because the games are glitchy. But I worry that my unplayed games will still work.

I always loved BF and I always will. It's just that by being a member we give BF a guaranteed monthly revenue they can count on to run their business, especially during holiday months when sales drop off. They talk of benefits but these are disappearing.

That's all. There used to be real benefits. Now it seems they prefer cash over anything else.

I for one am just frustrated at all the great "advantages" to membership that have disappeared. This used to be a great fun site to chat with other gamers and no harm was done. Many gamers were able to give coupons they couldn't use away to other gamers. It was like a community.

I miss it, and I know many others do too.

JMHO


Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!
by 1357wc on March 3, 1:57 AM
I too have complained that we can not take advantage of bundle sales, as I already own all of the others.

As to being worried about not being able to play unplayed games if you discontinue membership, I have never been a member and have had my computer crash where I thought I would have lost everything. I just downloaded the game manager again and all my games were still there waiting to be played.

Edited on 03/03/2014 at 1:59:47 AM PST


 
FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Mar 3, 14 8:50 AM
1357wc wrote:
Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!
by 1357wc on March 3, 1:57 AM
I too have complained that we can not take advantage of bundle sales, as I already own all of the others.

As to being worried about not being able to play unplayed games if you discontinue membership, I have never been a member and have had my computer crash where I thought I would have lost everything. I just downloaded the game manager again and all my games were still there waiting to be played.


Your purchased games are always available to you whether or not you're a club member. You can download them again at any time through your purchase history.

 
geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Mar 3, 14 4:47 PM
as a long time BFG member, I strongly object to the fact that we should just get on with it................ NO as a long time member, when you have created a bonus Monday with 2 for 1 regardless if a free coupon or bought with another means of payment was required and then BFG takes this away, this does not bode well with the long standing membership! I for one, seem to think that as a BFG member in long standing that taking away this 2 for 1 on Mondays has seriously eroded our faith in BFG going forward! I am not a happy gamer. much as been eroded over the last year and those days with paul t are no longer!!!!!
having that said how much more will be taken away until there are no more dedicated BFG gamers left>??? management needs to take a good long look at what you have now created and that loyalties will not longer exist! MONEY may be the bottom line, but it certainly erodes core membership. wonder what other members THINK!!!!!!! you have taken away chitchat, live chat, etc.,, DO YOU NOT CARE ANYMORE????????


SADLY gen

 

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Mar 3, 14 5:05 PM
shorenuf wrote:FORTUNATUS said:

"<snip> Bottom line, we all love BFG or we wouldn't be here... it's the changes that are being made and with changes, there is going to be unrest. The unrest would be less amplified if BFG would take considerate measures to inform us of upcoming changes in an upfront way.... <snip>"

I stopped "loving" them when they abandoned the entire PC/Mac Community by disbanding the Forums in such a despicable manner.

I continued to recognize their value as a retail site to purchase games -- great customer service, good sales, large selection of games, good perks for club membership. Then that changed, no live chat, F2P games twice a week (not for Mac, but not everyones first choice for sure), and now less benefit for accumulating punch cards. Sure, maybe I will still buy what I deem a fabulous game at their site, but I dropped my membership, I will wait for a sale. They have lost most of what I used to spend.

Yep, it's just business. The new crop of young players don't know any better. But we loyal customers who remember when BF offered the kind of customer appreciation that kept us buying and filling their coffers, those of us who recognize that business success is a two way street and now feel like we are being run over -- well, I can only speak for myself, but the love cannot be rekindled.


Well said...agree with you totally, and you said exactly what I wanted to except far better.

 
snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 4, 14 3:46 AM
geninfo4 wrote:as a long time BFG member, I strongly object to the fact that we should just get on with it................ NO as a long time member, when you have created a bonus Monday with 2 for 1 regardless if a free coupon or bought with another means of payment was required and then BFG takes this away, this does not bode well with the long standing membership! I for one, seem to think that as a BFG member in long standing that taking away this 2 for 1 on Mondays has seriously eroded our faith in BFG going forward! I am not a happy gamer. much as been eroded over the last year and those days with paul t are no longer!!!!!
having that said how much more will be taken away until there are no more dedicated BFG gamers left>??? management needs to take a good long look at what you have now created and that loyalties will not longer exist! MONEY may be the bottom line, but it certainly erodes core membership. wonder what other members THINK!!!!!!! you have taken away chitchat, live chat, etc.,, DO YOU NOT CARE ANYMORE????????

SADLY gen


You took Twin's comment out of context, she said "I've never understood the complaint about the bundle sales. If we have the games in the bundle, we have probably already played them, enjoyed them, and moved on."

 
FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 4, 14 11:41 AM
shorenuf wrote:FORTUNATUS said:

"<snip> Bottom line, we all love BFG or we wouldn't be here... it's the changes that are being made and with changes, there is going to be unrest. The unrest would be less amplified if BFG would take considerate measures to inform us of upcoming changes in an upfront way.... <snip>"

I stopped "loving" them when they abandoned the entire PC/Mac Community by disbanding the Forums in such a despicable manner.

I continued to recognize their value as a retail site to purchase games -- great customer service, good sales, large selection of games, good perks for club membership. Then that changed, no live chat, F2P games twice a week (not for Mac, but not everyones first choice for sure), and now less benefit for accumulating punch cards. Sure, maybe I will still buy what I deem a fabulous game at their site, but I dropped my membership, I will wait for a sale. They have lost most of what I used to spend.

Yep, it's just business. The new crop of young players don't know any better. But we loyal customers who remember when BF offered the kind of customer appreciation that kept us buying and filling their coffers, those of us who recognize that business success is a two way street and now feel like we are being run over -- well, I can only speak for myself, but the love cannot be rekindled.


Hmmm, seems the point of my post is getting a bit lost on this one word, "love", lol! Let me change it to; "we all patronize BFG or we wouldn't be here 'in the threads'"/"purchasing games", etc. Perhaps "love" was a bit too generous. : )

Bottom line to my post, BFG lost many and continues to due to LACK OF COMUNICATIONS and disrespect for COMMUNITY and customers when compared to the past.

As far as membership, I'm on the cusp, too; that's why I posted my concern/disgust over the way things have been handled in the past year or so up to and including now. I AM hoping things will settle and improve; if not, frankly, I'll be joining you and others in discontinuing my membership, too.

For those of you bantering on downloading your games... yes, you can continue to do so NOW! Many are concerned with all the changes here on BFG that there may come a time where the proverbial rug will be pulled from under our feet [fins?] and that will disappear, too, with no or short notice. This angst is due to the many changes that occurred and the recent history BFG has had of NOT keeping us in the loop. =

 
FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 4, 14 11:54 AM
...cont'd from above:


and the lack of communications results in poor customer relations with fishies seeing BFG as greedy. I didn't go into details in my post, as you so eloquently did... absolutely the feel of distrust/angst, etc. was/is tied up in BFG swimming off to 'new and better' bait... the f2p, mobile devices, etc. and seemingly abandoning us for a better customer base. That was my point... BFG swam off in a different direction without any kind of COMMUNICATION and CONSIDERATION to it's long term customer base: US.

As a side note, it brought to mind... the movie "It's a Wonderful LIfe" the analogy of this whole scenario is similar. BFG is the Greedy Mr. Potter... BFG could have been more like Stewart (George) and things would be a whole lot better for everyone. With that in mind, things can always change for the better and if not? I'm out of here, too!




Edited on 03/04/2014 at 12:07:45 PM PST


 
geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Mar 4, 14 3:10 PM
attention to all, I was referring to the lack of empathy with BFG and what has transpired over the last year of so. I agree with shorenuf, fortunatus, in that that community which was,, is no longer and I for one am also on the fence about continuing as a paid club member. I really do not see any benefit to staying a member, when there are no benefits left!!!!! chitchat is gone. the community forums are gone, live chat is gone..need I say more. there are no deals just for members anymore. what a shame!!

 

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 4, 14 5:19 PM
After saying stuff like this and being wrong, (see CathyCatfish's post!) it sure would of been nice if cynththemoler would come back and apoligize for calling us GREEDY AND TAKING ADVANTAGE!! And even starting an OT thread to do it!

" No where have I seen it written that BFG said we could do it. Unless you are an employee of BFG you cannot say they allowed it, they may not have realised and perhaps it has just been picked up on and that could be why it has changed in haste; therefor a loophole but it is only my opinion.
I have seen people mad because it has changed, I have seen people writing they will finish with BFG because of it, so that rather proves that they are greedy - again just my opinion. "

Funny how when people are wrong, they don't come back and say "sorry".

 
Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Mar 4, 14 11:58 PM
I got an email announcing change in punches, w/ PCC game purchase no longer earning punch. Or saw some announcement when it happened so wasn't a complete surprise.

 
cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 5, 14 3:52 PM
pondprowler wrote:After saying stuff like this and being wrong, (see CathyCatfish's post!) it sure would of been nice if cynththemoler would come back and apoligize for calling us GREEDY AND TAKING ADVANTAGE!! And even starting an OT thread to do it!

" No where have I seen it written that BFG said we could do it. Unless you are an employee of BFG you cannot say they allowed it, they may not have realised and perhaps it has just been picked up on and that could be why it has changed in haste; therefor a loophole but it is only my opinion.
I have seen people mad because it has changed, I have seen people writing they will finish with BFG because of it, so that rather proves that they are greedy - again just my opinion. "

Funny how when people are wrong, they don't come back and say "sorry".


I am terribly sorry , ops beg pardon I mean pondprowler if I haven't come back quickly enough to APOLOGISE but March is not a very good month for me as I come to the first anniversary of my mother's death - and I do have a life and cannot be here all the time. It must be very pleasant to be as perfect as you, unfortunately I am not but you sure like to rub a persons nose in it don't you?

I cannot be bothered to explain what I meant by my original post here; you would take exception to whatever I wrote, you and your "friends" have made that obvious which is why I do not post very much now.



Edited on 03/05/2014 at 4:26:27 PM PST


 

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Mar 5, 14 7:23 PM
cynththemoler,
a simple "you're right, i was wrong. i'm sorry" would have been nice instead of more insults.
you don't need to "explain" your OP, it's pretty self-explanatory.

glad to see, at least, that you edited your post to remove the name you called poor pondprowler. s/he didn't do anything wrong.

i looked at your list of posts. interesting.

 
sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 10, 14 7:16 AM
I was very surprised when I went to use a free game credit to fill my card in the end of February. It was only then, at the billing area, that I found this out. I had to find one to buy or lose 5 credits on my card. I had vowed to cut back on the amount I buy because my last card statement had $119 to Big Fish on it. I am still using my free credits to get my games but once they are gone, they're gone. I may continue to keep my membership and let them build up for a CE or two (thus getting another free game credit) but I can't afford to continue at the full price for everything. But my major complaint is that if you all read the EULA, (the end user license agreement), it specifies that BF must let us know by email or other means of any changes. I was not notified until checkout. Does that count as notification?

 
 
 
 
Go to: