achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

Re:4/3/14 Flower laboratory Offer Quest

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Mar 4, 14 4:25 PM
My two cents

Thanks Rumbi for taking the initiative to inform us what to expect with the various offers. It's nice for time management and various other intents and purposes.

Sorry not as artful as you, and just popped in for a quick lap around the pond, but here is a bouquet of flowers for your efforts!

parsons109
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by parsons109 on Mar 5, 14 5:06 PM
Where are these creatures that give us the notes? I have nothing but the normal ones on my map, and the ones on my neighbor's maps aren't dropping anything. Any help is welcome!

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 5:07:14 PM PST

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by Jarrow on Mar 5, 14 5:11 PM
Parsons,
You are looking for the Gnome the Perfumer on the Bellows Manor site. You will need the Magic Lanterns that are VERY hard to come by to give the Gnome and then he RARELY gives out the notes. He has been giving me the gravitation beverage in abundance.

I have not gotten the Magic Lantern at any other location, but some other fishies may have more experience with where those appear.

Good luck on finding them. I actually tried a tallisman to increase the chance to find by 60%, and 60% higher netted me one in 30 minutes. Not much of an increase for me.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Mar 5, 14 5:39 PM
parsons109 wrote:Where are these creatures that give us the notes? I have nothing but the normal ones on my map, and the ones on my neighbor's maps aren't dropping anything. Any help is welcome!

They are out drinking it up. LOL. I suggest you do a summoning scroll or pay off the unicorns and dryads and lions currently on your map (that's what I did) so that the Gnomes appear.

When I did the challenge, I paid for the yellow notes, the ones needed for the first relic. Figured it was cheaper to pay for them than pay the gnome ten and pray he gave me one. I got the rest of the lanterns needed when I explored the Flower Laboratory and the gods were kind in making those Gnomes give the remaining notes needed for the second relic. BUT IT WAS CLOSE!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 6, 14 2:11 PM
I have just used 2000 energy points exploring, which equates to about 400 searches and I got ONE fantastic (yeah right!) flashlight There are nearly 4 days left, but at that drop rate, it looks like my coffers are going to be 20 crystals lighter

I wonder if a drop song would work

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Mar 6, 14 4:15 PM
Please do a drop song for us!!
I'm willing to try anything to get those darn Flashlights, and get the gnomes to drop the final charges I need! I still need 1 green note and 1 blue note. How many flashlights is it going to take to get those? I will probably give up and spend 20 gems to get those last two charges.
Boy this has been an expensive offer! Feel like I have spent more than what I'm going to get in return!

chhayudi
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by chhayudi on Mar 6, 14 4:59 PM
Ok, just got back from my first visit to the flower laboratory. The room is very colourful and pretty, but also very busy. I found the parts for the first artifact fairly quickly (in about an hour) and then spent the next hour or so looking for the darned lanterns of which I didn't have enough going in. I got a total of 3 lanterns in the hour with the wish master going. The gnome then dropped three of the 4 charges I needed (all in one go!). When my time was up, I still hadn't got that last charge.

Moral of the story, and this has been said already, but bears repeating: DON'T GO IN UNLESS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF LANTERNS OR PLENTY OF CRYSTALS TO BUY CHARGES. Unfortunately, I didn't heed this advice and spent at least half of the allotted two hours looking for lanterns instead of artifacts.

So now I will play like crazy to collect lanterns, play the runes for crystals, and only go back to the flower laboratory if I feel I have enough of each to make the quest a success.

Having said that, I'm very happy I got to go in and have a look around . Thank you neighbours!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 6, 14 5:13 PM
Ok here is my song, sung to the tune of Santa Baby

Gnomie baby, slip a green charge in my pack, For me.
Been an awful good girl, Gnomie baby,
So hurry gimme charges tonight.

Gnomie baby, mommerj needs some too,
Light blue.
and a green one too,
Santa baby, so hurry give her charges tonight

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Mar 6, 14 5:15 PM
ROFL

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 5:16:29 PM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 6, 14 5:16 PM
Ooops forgot it was supposed to be a flashlight song, but hopefully any flashlights will produce the required charges

I'll do a flashlight song tommorrow unless anyone else wants a crack at it. And now as Zebedee says " Time for bed"

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 7, 14 9:53 AM
Woohoo!! ... *doing the happy dance*

With the 1 fantastic flashlight I found today, I got a green charge ... just one more to go

tinebrella
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by tinebrella on Mar 7, 14 10:33 AM
I actually managed to find all the parts for both the artifacts in one go (so only one expedition) but:
- I used a Wish Master and maybe even a Denial of Gravity (or a Neural Foil, I can't remember) while searching the room
- the last part of the second artifact is to be found in Night Mode and it's a nightmare: I tried using the Solar Lamp to be quick (nope) and I tried not using the Solar Lamp (nope), in the end, after something like 6 or 7 tries, I just used the Hammers of Thor out of frustration (9 of them, I think?) and it worked
- the Fantastic Flashlight is rare, but you have more chances finding it in the Laboratory (I think) and also if you use a Talisman and if you don't feed the Gnomes as soon as you find them but let them pile up a little (the Flashlights, not the Gnomes )
- after finding the last piece of the second artifact there are no more quests in the room, so don't worry if you run out of time before finding the charges to assemble it

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Mar 7, 14 3:42 PM
tinebrella wrote:
- the last part of the second artifact is to be found in Night Mode and it's a nightmare: I tried using the Solar Lamp to be quick (nope) and I tried not using the Solar Lamp (nope), in the end, after something like 6 or 7 tries, I just used the Hammers of Thor out of frustration (9 of them, I think?) and it worked

Agreed. That last one took about 6 or 7 times for me too. I was throwing hammers left and right at that point of the challenge.

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 3:44:02 PM PST

[Post New]by Sickofpopups on Sep 24, 14 5:01 AM
I can't even get one gnome up - I have used 20 creature summoning spells and am getting very frustrated

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Sep 24, 14 9:54 AM
Sickofpopups wrote:I can't even get one gnome up - I have used 20 creature summoning spells and am getting very frustrated

ehm... How do i put this.... you wont get any gnomes up because this week's offer is not the flower laboratory; are you saying that you have this offer and not the Pirate Treasures offer,like everyone else??

[Post New]by Sickofpopups on Sep 24, 14 1:44 PM
No I have the same as everyone else. However to get to the dragon it says I need to collect items from gnome the perfumer...

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Sep 24, 14 2:30 PM
Sickofpopups wrote:No I have the same as everyone else. However to get to the dragon it says I need to collect items from gnome the perfumer...

Well that's weird. You should have to assemble the first 3 artifacts by finding the objects in Paris. Follow your task bar on the left hand side for that.

Once you get those artifacts the next step is to complete the Twilight Gangway, again by following the tasks on the left hand side of your screen that have the word "offer" at the bottom.

Once you complete the gangway you unlock the room and then you will have the screen saying you need to complete the expedition. That should take you to the expedition screen and once that is complete the pirate ship room will be open for 4 hours for you to complete all the tasks.

I can't stress enough that for any and all offers you must follow the assigned tasks. Do NOT assemble anything from the pop up screen only assemble items by using the task bar windows. Assembling from that pop up will not get you credit for the artifact.

Go to: