Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Mar 14, 14 9:14 AM
trolde wrote:Hi i have play the came to the place where you put the figure in, and try to go feather with the map, but the game frezing and have to delete and when i do that there are a block coming up say : lua/herbarium, lua52; attempt to get lenght of field 't_obj(a nil value) : i havent any ide of what this mean and try to reinstall the game but the same happend has anyone seen this before i be glad to here what to do. Nice day to all

I haven't had any problems until today, I get the same error message.

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by SabineEden on Mar 19, 14 8:58 PM
I've had a weird thing happen in trying to get the achievements. I've managed to get all of them except for the one where you get all of the pumpkins. On my first playthrough, I missed a few of them, but I've now played through on all of the difficulty levels and managed to get all 45 of them on three plays of them, but I'm still at silver level instead of platinum. I haven't tested whether creating a game under a different profile and getting all of them the first time would solve the issue.

Don't know if getting platinum level means that you are supposed to get all of the pumpkins on all of the difficulties, but if I can make myself do the hardcore one once more, I'll give an update to see if it happens. I did replay the casual level (that's the first one I missed getting them all), but that didn't fix it.

UPDATE: I have now replayed the Hardcore mode and gotten all the pumpkins in main game, but still can't get the platinum shield. Also tried playing main game under a new profile and getting all of the pumpkins in main game, and that didn't do it, either.

Hope this gets fixed. I don't always try for all of the achievements in games, but this one was interesting enough that I was willing to replay to get them all. Good work, developers!

Edited on 03/20/2014 at 12:52:47 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bmikulenka on Mar 20, 14 4:39 PM
I get the following LUA error message when my games freezes:
lua/stairs.lua:39:attempt to get length of field 't_obj_pressed' (a nil value)

i can't get the ankh

[Post New]by jaraivy1 on Mar 21, 14 12:47 PM
the ankh is one of the final things needed to finish the game. apparently you have to play a mini game in the hallway upstairs in the castle a little box of sorts. you're supposed to get the answer to the game in the chapel in one of the crypts. will I have it, it's even in my notes, but the game is saying that I don't therefore I cannot get the ankh, and lastly I cannot finish the game. any solutions? believe me I did everything necessary or else I wouldn't be at the point where that is all I needed.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

i can't get the ankh

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 23, 14 10:13 AM
jaraivy1 wrote:the ankh is one of the final things needed to finish the game. apparently you have to play a mini game in the hallway upstairs in the castle a little box of sorts. you're supposed to get the answer to the game in the chapel in one of the crypts. will I have it, it's even in my notes, but the game is saying that I don't therefore I cannot get the ankh, and lastly I cannot finish the game. any solutions? believe me I did everything necessary or else I wouldn't be at the point where that is all I needed.

I answered your other post, but will paste it here, too:

**CONTAINS SPOILERS!**

Are you using the correct combination? There are several that look similar. The one you need has:
1) upper left - symbol looks like a fish standing on its tail
2) bottom - symbol looks like a pine tree
3) upper right - symbol looks like the sun with only 4 rays

If you don't have that combo in your journal, then you need to go find it.

If you do, the you've found a glitch and you'll probably have to replay. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling first, though. Sometimes that clears up small glitches. Your saved game will still be there when you reinstall and you can try it again. Good luck!

[Post New]by ladybaskets on Apr 2, 14 12:48 PM
I also cannot get the ankh. I also have the symbols in my book, but cannot get the little silver balls to move on the box. Keeps telling me I need the symbols in my book. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and do not lose my progress but can't go any further. This game was sometimes very difficult to play as several mini-games did not work correctly. Would like to finish this game, but your silence is not helping. Have you figured anything out yet?

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Apr 3, 14 11:12 PM
I think I may have uncovered a glitch. I waited until the end of the game when I was supposed to place the ankh and crown and the charged bottles. But I hadn't placed my carriage yet, and the game now wouldn't allow me bak to the area where the icon should have been placed. I've tried using clues (they don't tell me anything) and I've gone to the strategy guide, where the only thing I learn is that I should have put the carriage thing in place earlier in the game.
Am I now stuck unable to finish the game?

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Apr 7, 14 3:35 AM
like all other fishies before me, i encounter a lot of the aforemetioned problems!!! Grrr - played the demo's of both the CE and SE and all was well!)
i go ahead and buy and ....yep the screen freezes the cursor is v e r y zzzz l o w! have to wait a long time between scenes etc. etc. (and i am gettin' really ticked off here!)
Ive reinstalled/installed; installed into a D(ata) folder instead of the usual one! ive disabled the fancy cursor all to no avail!!
at the moment ive given up and put the game into 'the virtual library' but: thats not what i spend my hard-earned money on normally!

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Apr 10, 14 7:03 AM
Hi! I finished the main part of the game last night. I skipped the last scene as it was unfolding, the credits began to roll, I skipped those and exited the game. This morning I started the game up so I could play the bonus round and it told me I have to finish the main game first! So, thinking I had missed something, I hit play for the main game -- and I am back at the beginning!! All my achievements are showing, but nothing is in my inventory and I am definitely back at square one!!

Is there something I missed? Can't see how if the credits rolled...

I also agree with others that too many of the interactive areas had tiny sweet spots that made accomplishing the tasks next to impossible.

beamer37
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by beamer37 on Apr 22, 14 11:47 AM
This is the worst game ever. I cannot get any place The mouse wanders all over cannot play any of the game. I think Big Fish owes me a refund. I know it is not my computer.

beamer37
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by beamer37 on Apr 24, 14 10:57 AM
I tried all your tech responses. no help whatsoever. Cannot play the game Stall all the time uninstalled and installed several times. still could not play . I would like a refund as it is unplayable.

Tambil
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tambil on May 4, 14 10:24 AM
I can't even get out of the graveyard at the beginning!! I would like a refund also, I love BigFish games and 99.9% of them play fine, but this one either needs money given back or a total fix available asap!

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on May 7, 14 9:53 PM
ZekesPeach wrote:Hi! I finished the main part of the game last night. I skipped the last scene as it was unfolding, the credits began to roll, I skipped those and exited the game. This morning I started the game up so I could play the bonus round and it told me I have to finish the main game first! So, thinking I had missed something, I hit play for the main game -- and I am back at the beginning!! All my achievements are showing, but nothing is in my inventory and I am definitely back at square one!!

Is there something I missed? Can't see how if the credits rolled...

I also agree with others that too many of the interactive areas had tiny sweet spots that made accomplishing the tasks next to impossible.

This happened to me, too. I'm thinking of playing it through again, this time being mean just because I can, but it bothers me that it won't let me play the bonus game.

Go to: