Gifting after update

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:Gifting after update

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 11, 14 3:26 PM
awalkinglady wrote:This is really annoying to me! Having had no problems with giving/receiving gifts before the update and now I don't seem to be able to get any gifts. Since this is now going to be the primary method of gaining pet food, I think it stinks! Just played through all 16 of the HOS scenes and received nothing extra but those airship items and one green mark! And I can't even test out whether there is a problem with my game in terms of receiving gifts because I can't gain access to my other game thanks to this ridiculous updating they are supposedly doing manually! The only other theory that makes sense is that all 20 of the people who usually send me gifts regularly are locked out of the game.

If I were you, cynththemoler, I would consider myself lucky that you can actually play two of your games regardless of what level you are on.

In my opinion, they are successfully ruining a game that was previously alot of fun to play! I feel very sorry for new players. If I had known that I would encounter these kind of issues, I never would have started playing this game.

I agreed arunninglady! You're my friend on two of your games but now I'm locked out of my main one.bi can't much be bothered with my second game because of the problems with the first. You are right, I will never buy an Elephant game again!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 6:37 PM
Sherriesim wrote: I don't know if they are getting these gifts or not and reading here that some people aren't getting gifts makes me wonder if they are the one of the ones affected?

If you are not getting a thank you card, they are not getting the gifts. I say this based on my own experience of gifting between two of my games....if the thank you card does not appear, the gift is never sent even though the number of gifts you can send is reduced. Some players have said that this seems to happen within an hour or so after a "new day" begins in your game. Although I'm not certain of that, it does seem to be the time that it will happen in my games.

Efi24...Thanks for your kindness...the only game that is working for me right now is listed under the name Roxy, code is 182348. Thanks!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 11, 14 11:37 PM
I have set up 3 new games with Vista Home Premium & did not make any of them administrator. Had no problems with them so far.

awalkinglady, are the perhaps new items for the new levels or were they old ones you had crafted before?

Must remember to look when I go back to play again

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Mar 12, 14 12:25 AM
I've definitely had that problem with multiple gifting. I send one person a gift, fine, send to another and nothing happens except, of course, the game subtracts one gift! I haven't so far seen a problem with crafting items, but no doubt the *worst is yet to come*!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 12, 14 4:02 AM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:I have set up 3 new games with Vista Home Premium & did not make any of them administrator. Had no problems with them so far.

awalkinglady, are the perhaps new items for the new levels or were they old ones you had crafted before?

Must remember to look when I go back to play again

The new crafting items that are locked in my game are ones I don't recall ever seeing before. Also, the second and third games I established by creating new user accounts don't require administrator status either.

pennyking123
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by pennyking123 on Mar 12, 14 6:46 AM
when I got back in my old game I had a lot of gifts but I still don't like that I can just send out 5 gifts a day I think that needs to unlimited or a least more then 5 cuz I would like to send things I have on my new game to my old game

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 12, 14 4:35 PM
awalkinglady wrote:
Sherriesim wrote: I don't know if they are getting these gifts or not and reading here that some people aren't getting gifts makes me wonder if they are the one of the ones affected?

If you are not getting a thank you card, they are not getting the gifts. I say this based on my own experience of gifting between two of my games....if the thank you card does not appear, the gift is never sent even though the number of gifts you can send is reduced. Some players have said that this seems to happen within an hour or so after a "new day" begins in your game. Although I'm not certain of that, it does seem to be the time that it will happen in my games.

Efi24...Thanks for your kindness...the only game that is working for me right now is listed under the name Roxy, code is 182348. Thanks!

I sent 2 gifts to awakinglady and awakinglady2 yesterday! Did you not get any of them? Am I even friend with you as roxy? I'll check.
Oh and the other day I did manage to send my other game a gift, today I didn't. I think they somehow posed this option and they did it in quite a mean manner - they could give us a warning or something but no - it doesn't give a thank you card, it doesn't send the gift but it does come off the 5 gifts aloud per day. Great.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 12, 14 4:54 PM
The gifting problem is not for everone gifting between their multiple games, as I've been able to do this since the update. When you think about it, I don't know how'd they figure out who has multiple games for the same person. They'd have to allow for different people using different games on the same computer.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 12, 14 5:21 PM
efi24....I don't recall getting any gifts from you since the update. What name are you playing under? If you are playing under the name efi24, I don't have you in my friend list on my Roxy game.

Sherriesim
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Sherriesim on Mar 12, 14 10:31 PM
This is getting really annoying 4 out of 5 gifts today didn't send (no card) If they can't fix this issue then the least they could do is unlimit the amount of gifts we can send each day until they can fix it. I'm extra annoyed because 3 of these people just gifted me and I have what they need and cannot gift them back.

Go to: