bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 12, 14 10:33 AM
Hey _DD,

Thank you very much for catching that! I went ahead and fixed that link so you can access the page.

bfgWendwater

 
budden
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by budden on Mar 12, 14 10:39 AM
O.K. I've tried the game again. If I set the properties to play the game with windows vista service pack 2 the cursor no longer lags.
The hidden object scenes are made so that you have to click on the blue items and figure out which of the objects is in your scene and then click on it. If I had read the tutorial it might have said that.
So with all that being said I may buy the game as I had great fun bonking the gophers on their heads.

 
deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by deejae101 on Mar 12, 14 12:08 PM
I too bought the game without trying the demo first based on reviews.

The first red flag was when the intro video wouldn't play, so I just skipped it.

Then when I got in the hotel room and tried to use the scalpel on the wall, the scalpel disappeared and my cursor, while still able to move, faded and I was unable to go back or to the menu in order to get out of the game.

Is this a glitch that can be fixed?

 
rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by rara3462 on Mar 12, 14 12:16 PM
All I can say is ' Click & Freeze' that seems to be the game. How long do you wait until you can click again

 
celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Mar 12, 14 7:46 PM
I, too, had the exact same problems, deejae101. You described my experience to a tee. I even went in and changed players. Nothing works. I had originally uninstalled and reinstalled about four times. First I got the installation failed notice, then the time expired notice. Uninstalled and reinstalled Game Manager, which seemed to help with the download and install, but what you said matches my experience. No intro, try to use the scalpel and it disappears, then everything freezes. Had to use task manager to get out of the game. After all this, I do not care if it gets fixed or not. I will not be buying this game. I may not even try to buy anymore from BFG. I am tired of being told to go to the tech page, or try this/ try that. The pat answers are getting annoying and frustrating. I know to do all that, I do it all and still the game does not play. I am tired of waiting days for tech support to answer my email, I am getting tired of Big Fish. I do not like to sound bitter, but why can't they tell you something besides the 'usual' answer. I am not stupid, I do not need to be told the same exact thing over and over and over and over. I have been on this game site for three or four years and I could tell you what they will say, before they say it. I could tell THEM what to try, because I have heard it so many times before. Sometimes the game simply does not work and it is the developers, NOT our computers. Don't insult my intelligence with broken record fixes for my computer.. THEY DO NOT WORK!!!! Thank you very much, but I will keep my money where it works best...in my pocket.

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 7:48:29 PM PST


 
deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by deejae101 on Mar 13, 14 1:38 AM
celticwolf55 wrote:I, too, had the exact same problems, deejae101. You described my experience to a tee. I even went in and changed players. Nothing works. I had originally uninstalled and reinstalled about four times. First I got the installation failed notice, then the time expired notice. Uninstalled and reinstalled Game Manager, which seemed to help with the download and install, but what you said matches my experience. No intro, try to use the scalpel and it disappears, then everything freezes. Had to use task manager to get out of the game. After all this, I do not care if it gets fixed or not. I will not be buying this game. I may not even try to buy anymore from BFG. I am tired of being told to go to the tech page, or try this/ try that. The pat answers are getting annoying and frustrating. I know to do all that, I do it all and still the game does not play. I am tired of waiting days for tech support to answer my email, I am getting tired of Big Fish. I do not like to sound bitter, but why can't they tell you something besides the 'usual' answer. I am not stupid, I do not need to be told the same exact thing over and over and over and over. I have been on this game site for three or four years and I could tell you what they will say, before they say it. I could tell THEM what to try, because I have heard it so many times before. Sometimes the game simply does not work and it is the developers, NOT our computers. Don't insult my intelligence with broken record fixes for my computer.. THEY DO NOT WORK!!!! Thank you very much, but I will keep my money where it works best...in my pocket.


I'm with you, very frustrating! At least you didn't buy it, I did. I have so many free game coupons from purchasing CE's but very few (I feel) games are worth using them on. Now this is one that looked promising but can't play it. I'm not sure I'll even contact tech support because I know what the answer will be. If it's not a CE they won't bother fixing it.

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 1:42:00 AM PST


 
phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by phoot10 on Mar 13, 14 1:31 PM
Same problem with lagging cursor, was liking the game but very frustrating to have to wait every time you do something for cursor to function again.

 
JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 13, 14 4:05 PM
wmtell4164 wrote:Unable to click on mop in hotel room so I can get item under bed. I click on mop but nothing happens.


Not sure why would think you need the mop. You don't. You will get the item you do need a bit further into the game.

 
Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Mar 13, 14 8:18 PM
I too had the problem of no intro video and unable to use scalpel playing the game on old machine w/ Windows XP but it plays fine on new machine w/ Windows 8.

 

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by triplellle on Mar 14, 14 4:38 AM
I bought this game without trying the demo first based on the reviews.
When I go in the hotel room and try to use the scalpel on the wall, the scalpel disappeared and my cursor, while still able to move, faded and I was unable to go back or to the menu in order to get out of the game.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game a few times already.

 
lezl10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by lezl10 on Mar 14, 14 11:10 AM
I tried to play this game but the tech problems began immediately. I can't enter a name but I tried playing anyway. When I got to the first HOS no items were listed; the box where the items show up was blank and when I was given any information in a bubble no words showed up. I saw that someone posted the same problem on the main page. Anyone else having this problem?

 

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by blazingmane on Mar 14, 14 12:13 PM
Won't install! Very savvy with a pc. Tried many paths to get around this issue only to have frustration served to me on a plate. Fix it, or it's fish for dinner.

 

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by Tamiami on Mar 15, 14 10:58 AM
The game seems to load just fine, but once I get past the intro, no words are visible. The tutorial box just shows YES/NO at the bottom. The desk clerk is talking, but no words are shown. The Hidden Object scene does not show any words for objects to find. It won't even let me put my name at the beginning.

I have uninstalled both the game and the game manager and nothing changes.

Please help!
Thanks!

 
angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 16, 14 6:25 AM
budden wrote:It's a no buy for me for sure. The lagging of the cursor is unbearable. The hidden object scenes are nuts. What's with the object you're looking for changing to another object when you hit the hint button. I'm not going to fix my computer when every( well almost every) game plays fine.


Took me a while to figure it out! If you click on the words in blue they change to a different word; go through the choices until you find the one that matches an object on the screen. If you use a hint it will change a word automatically to the correct one.

 
crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by crispypot on Mar 17, 14 2:13 AM
hi all i too bought this game without trying and had problems with the intro and using the scalpel, it just will not play on my computer, i`m running XP, it will however play on my dad`s laptop running windows 7 i noticed another fishy had problems running it on XP but played fine on windows 8 so is it an XP problem do we think ??? i`m aware xp`s tech support will cease in april and was advised to upgrade to 7 or 8 or invest in a new computer eek !!! Bad times .... all other fishy`s with problems, are you also running xp ??

 
deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by deejae101 on Mar 17, 14 10:36 AM
crispypot wrote:hi all i too bought this game without trying and had problems with the intro and using the scalpel, it just will not play on my computer, i`m running XP, it will however play on my dad`s laptop running windows 7 i noticed another fishy had problems running it on XP but played fine on windows 8 so is it an XP problem do we think ??? i`m aware xp`s tech support will cease in april and was advised to upgrade to 7 or 8 or invest in a new computer eek !!! Bad times .... all other fishy`s with problems, are you also running xp ??


Yes I'm running XP and having problems.

 
finsbury
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by finsbury on Mar 18, 14 2:51 AM
i cannot use the knife on the wallpaper because as soon i go to touch it the knife goes and the game crashes , and i cannot send a report on your contact page it will not work past "continue" i had fill all the parts out even dr felix it stuck , and what is your web address because your "info@bigfishgames.com" will not work all email gets return, i have found your phone number its 001 206 213 5753 thats seattle dont what to use from mobile

 

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 18, 14 6:21 AM
same with the rest of you..scapel and crash. I bought this with a coupon, what a putz I am.

 

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by juttawalker on Mar 19, 14 10:43 AM
Hi Fishies
I have cursor problems to,what a shame,it would be such a nice game

 

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by ChileTillie on Mar 19, 14 5:25 PM
deejae101 wrote:
crispypot wrote:hi all i too bought this game without trying and had problems with the intro and using the scalpel, it just will not play on my computer, i`m running XP, it will however play on my dad`s laptop running windows 7 i noticed another fishy had problems running it on XP but played fine on windows 8 so is it an XP problem do we think ??? i`m aware xp`s tech support will cease in april and was advised to upgrade to 7 or 8 or invest in a new computer eek !!! Bad times .... all other fishy`s with problems, are you also running xp ??


Yes I'm running XP and having problems.


- Yes also running XP.

 
 
 
 
Go to: