been over 48hrs

pattypie
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:been over 48hrs

[Post New]by pattypie on Mar 12, 14 1:23 PM
More than 48 hours for me as well, what's going on?

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 12, 14 1:44 PM
Just tried getting back in ..Still a no go again.

valeriemay
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by valeriemay on Mar 12, 14 2:05 PM
mezzied wrote:Hi everyone - I'm just amazed that all get 'messages' of sorts saying there are problems. I get nothing, well sometimes get to the Big Fish but then a blank screen and have to reboot. We're a fine lot aren't we? I'd love to know how old folk are who play these games - and where they all are. I still keep trying though, an old lady with a lot of time on my hands in the cold UK! I tend only to try twice a day now, and then just switch off and give up - and go to bed! Good gaming folks and don't get too stressed by it all.

Hi mezzie, I'm in exactly the same boat as you - old lady! in UK- but luckily I've got another game going so I'm reasonably happy at the mo! I'm on level 9 so will probably catch up with first game sooner more than later. Hope you get in soon.

Valeriexx

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 12, 14 3:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

I apologize that it has gone past the 48 hour window that we were expecting. We have been notified that the developer is still manually restoring save data as we speak, but we are seeing some time delays as the developer is based outside the United States.

If your game has not been restored by tomorrow evening, please let our Tech Support Team know about this so we can inform the developer of the lingering issues.

Thank you very much for your patience!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by mezzied on Mar 13, 14 7:05 AM
valeriemay wrote:
mezzied wrote:Hi everyone - I'm just amazed that all get 'messages' of sorts saying there are problems. I get nothing, well sometimes get to the Big Fish but then a blank screen and have to reboot. We're a fine lot aren't we? I'd love to know how old folk are who play these games - and where they all are. I still keep trying though, an old lady with a lot of time on my hands in the cold UK! I tend only to try twice a day now, and then just switch off and give up - and go to bed! Good gaming folks and don't get too stressed by it all.

Hi mezzie, I'm in exactly the same boat as you - old lady! in UK- but luckily I've got another game going so I'm reasonably happy at the mo! I'm on level 9 so will probably catch up with first game sooner more than later. Hope you get in soon.

Valeriexx

Hi Valeriexx

Well still out of the loop as it were! Just logged on and tried and of course had to reboot! I find the comment about 'manually restoring save data' interesting - as per moderator. Now of course being an older individual! I sort of thought that stuff saved on 'my' computer was not accessible to anyone else to restore or whatever. Maybe I'm too old for all this stuff eh? But I have heaps of games to play as I download all new stuff and play for an hour or whatever and then maybe buy now and then. I daren't even look and see how many games I've actually bought - must be over a hundred now - and as for working out how much I've spent - oops! But what the hell I say, it keeps the old brain cells working. This is the only 'free' game I've latched onto though and was enjoying it immensely so will keep trying to play every now and then. One lives in hope. What part of UK are you - north, west, south or east? I'm in East Mids.

regards
mezzied

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 7:11:40 AM PST

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 13, 14 7:49 AM
Mezzied, Just to put your mind at ease, your saved game is NOT on your computer. It is stored elsewhere. The only saved information specific to you on your computer are your settings. (music and sound volume, cursor image, full screen or not)
So to fix the save files they will not need to access your computer.

[Post New]by mezzied on Mar 13, 14 9:44 AM
lady_sabelle wrote:Mezzied, Just to put your mind at ease, your saved game is NOT on your computer. It is stored elsewhere. The only saved information specific to you on your computer are your settings. (music and sound volume, cursor image, full screen or not)
So to fix the save files they will not need to access your computer.

Well I did think it couldna be possible - but that gives me even more food for thought. That then means that every game I've played the information is stored somewhere - good gawd it makes you think. Multiplied by everyone that plays games etc etc well the mind boggles! Thanks for the info.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 13, 14 9:53 AM
Not every game has the save data elsewhere. Most will be completely contained on your computer. But games like Midnight Castle need to prevent tampering with the saved game file since they charge you for money and diamonds. If you could say, change the time on your computer's clock to advance game time, it would defeat a major reason most people pay for diamonds. (I had free fish breeding game that I would change the clock on so that I wouldn't have to wait a day or more between game sessions) So by storing the saved game somewhere controlled by BFG and/or Elephant that means you will not be able to tweak your game play.

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 9:55:07 AM PST

[Post New]by mezzied on Mar 13, 14 10:16 AM
Well m'lady that's interesting and I get what you're saying. Nice to have an expert on hand. Me, well I don't usually post on forums, but contacted BF with another problem and my contact sent me to MidCas forum for info. I shall patiently wait now and see what happens next. Thanks again.

Go to: