Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by deadravins on Mar 14, 14 6:15 PM
LyndaLynLou wrote:I am at the Ice Sculpture Park. There is an Angel laying on a pedestal. She has the Clock I need. But first I need to put the violin together. It has 3 pieces. I put in the top piece and the bottom piece but I CANNOT GET the middle piece to go in. What do I do? I'm stuck right here. I've been trying for almost 2 hours to get that middle piece to go in. NOW WHAT?? HELP.....

I'm having the exact same issue. Up till then I've had no problems. Hope they can fix this issue as it will make finishing the game impossible. How long do I have to request a 2 credit refund on a game because of a glitch in the game its self?

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 6:23:16 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 14, 14 6:46 PM
LyndaLynLou & HarleyBaby2952, you guys may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. You shouldn't lose your game progress. Sometimes it helps "unstick" stuck portions of a game.

Rhysdux, the strategy guide is in the upper left corner of my game - I don't have an "info" button anywhere on my game, (unless it's on the main menu page).

Re the SG crashing - sorry that it happens to PCers too! BFG needs to get on that, if it's a multi-system crash!

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Mar 14, 14 8:05 PM
Game crashed on me twice at beginning of game. Error came up that game encountered a problem and had to close. I guess I will try and re-install and play again. Will keep you posted, but getting really tired of all these problems lately. Playing on Windows XP and rarely get as many problems as others though.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Mar 14, 14 11:51 PM
deadravins wrote:
LyndaLynLou wrote:I am at the Ice Sculpture Park. There is an Angel laying on a pedestal. She has the Clock I need. But first I need to put the violin together. It has 3 pieces. I put in the top piece and the bottom piece but I CANNOT GET the middle piece to go in. What do I do? I'm stuck right here. I've been trying for almost 2 hours to get that middle piece to go in. NOW WHAT?? HELP.....

I'm having the exact same issue. Up till then I've had no problems. Hope they can fix this issue as it will make finishing the game impossible. How long do I have to request a 2 credit refund on a game because of a glitch in the game its self?

Me too.. same exact problem..

Got it to work.. don't try to line it up, just drag it and click with your cursor where you want it to go

Edited on 03/15/2014 at 12:06:50 AM PST

cevans
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cevans on Mar 15, 14 12:05 AM
I sent an email to technical support and did a Dr. Felix report. Bigfish responded by giving me a coupon for a different game if I didn't want to wait this out. ??? I purchased this game because I wanted to play it. If the games are not the same quality as they would be to buy them in a store on a DVD, they should not be putting them out to us. Too many CE games with problems lately.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Bonus Chapter - two issues

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Mar 15, 14 4:40 AM

Game Freezes when accessing the Guide - used Alt, Cntrl, Delete buttons to get out.

Checked the Guide BUT cannot put Glue (U) on the Broken Mirror (indicated in the Guide with the letter O - so to fit the mirror pieces back inside the Mirror Frame - as Guide indicates..

Cannot move on no matter what I've tried so paid Extra for CE and have only played the SE part of the game - not a happy fishy here..

footje
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by footje on Mar 15, 14 8:28 AM
the game freezes, reinstalled but freezes again. did all what is in the help page, but that did not worg either, what now?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 15, 14 1:50 PM
Game froze when I tried to use the SG. Could not get the pipes to move correctly when trying to solve the organ puzzle. Gave up and used the skip. Game froze. I couldn't even get out of it using my task manager. I had to manually shut down my computer. I NEVER have problems with games. I'm pretty sure it's not my computer as this is the first time ever with these problems.

[Post New]by smileycaz17 on Mar 15, 14 3:33 PM
me too, played demo fine, now I've paid it's crashing on installation, this is the second game this has happened to me in 2 weeks,,,not happy

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Mar 15, 14 5:25 PM
Playing demo and I didn't get more than 5 miin. into the game and everything froze, couldn't even ctrl-alt-delete. I had to reboot from the tower.

I'm going to give it another try and if I have the same problem, will delete the game. That would be a shame, because I love the graphics and so far, think the game would be a keeper

[Post New]by Kantata on Mar 15, 14 6:35 PM
I played the demo and ran out of time just after placing the violin bow on the group of statues in the park. I was picking up one of the objects inside the base of the statue when the game ran out of time, so I purchased the full version. When I loaded it up, it loaded to the shot of the statues with all of their instruments in place. There was no menu or HUD or anything, it was like a freeze-frame from the animated cutscene that happens right after you place the bow. I could move the cursor around but couldn't bring up the menu with the ESC button or anything, and there was nothing to click on. Had to end the game's process through task manager. I have uninstalled the game and am currently reinstalling to see if that works.

**UPDATE: Reinstalling the game didn't fix the problem, so I deleted my profile and started over. Oh well. At least I wasn't too far in.

Edited on 03/15/2014 at 7:06:45 PM PST

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Mar 15, 14 8:35 PM
I'm playing on a fairly new PC, and it froze shortly after the cut scene. I absolutely love BF Tech Support and think they are one of the most highly responsive, professional, and courteous support teams I have ever had to deal with. However, I think I'm going to just uninstall this one and move on. Another day, another game

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Bonus Chapter - two issues

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 15, 14 10:38 PM
ZuluDawn13 wrote:
Game Freezes when accessing the Guide - used Alt, Cntrl, Delete buttons to get out.

Checked the Guide BUT cannot put Glue (U) on the Broken Mirror (indicated in the Guide with the letter O - so to fit the mirror pieces back inside the Mirror Frame - as Guide indicates..

Cannot move on no matter what I've tried so paid Extra for CE and have only played the SE part of the game - not a happy fishy here..

1. This happened to me too, but just twice and then never again, so hopefully you can just plow through without encountering it again.
2. You need to put the mirror together before you use the glue. Do NOT try to put the mirror together inside the frame, just assemble it while zoomed in by matching the pieces together, basically in front of the frame.

Juddang
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

LyndaLynLou

[Post New]by Juddang on Mar 16, 14 6:21 AM
I had the same problem. You have to pick up the neck piece and click your pointer directly on the neck of the violin. Don't try to fit the piece. Hope this helps.

nancer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by nancer on Mar 16, 14 7:14 AM
adding a comment about bigfish support. i've always thought this was a real highlight---their tech support is really good. but the response i got about this game just tells me they know it doesn't work and are offering a free game. they're not even really suggesting fixes for it, so i'd say everyone should give up on it and move on. i HOPE they get it fixed, and yes, this has happened to me way too much lately---buying a game and having a problem like this.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Mar 16, 14 8:54 AM
Penny1942 wrote:I too was almost at the end of the game when moving from one location to another the screen froze, two pictures one on to of the other and had to use task manager to exit the game. Tried to re-enter but the screen was frozen in exactly the same place.

I really do not appreciate paying for a game even with 2 credits and not have it function properly. My computer is less than 2 years old and fully up to date. If this cannot be corrected I would like to have my credits back or my money and certainly not PCC's as I currently have 6 and nothing that I want to purchase with them.

Operating system HP 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Mar 16, 14 8:57 AM
I have the exact same problem, I have also uninstalled and re installed the game and just goes back to the same problem. There is no access to my tool bar or the strategy.

Is there going to be a fix?

Linda

pgf26791
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pgf26791 on Mar 16, 14 2:16 PM
Penny1942 wrote:I too was almost at the end of the game when moving from one location to another the screen froze, two pictures one on to of the other and had to use task manager to exit the game. Tried to re-enter but the screen was frozen in exactly the same place.

I really do not appreciate paying for a game even with 2 credits and not have it function properly. My computer is less than 2 years old and fully up to date. If this cannot be corrected I would like to have my credits back or my money and certainly not PCC's as I currently have 6 and nothing that I want to purchase with them.

Operating system HP 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

I have the same exact problem. Op system Windows 7.

I went to Support and followed the directions they gave which did nothing to help me. I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Now it won't even load.

This is the second game in a week that I am having trouble with. I never used to have a problem with BFG... what is happening? Also, I am having problems now even opening the BFG Manager and site from the shortcuts. The links keep breaking.

[Post New]by deadravins on Mar 16, 14 2:26 PM
giddiup101 wrote:
deadravins wrote:

Me too.. same exact problem..

Got it to work.. don't try to line it up, just drag it and click with your cursor where you want it to go
I'll try that thanks.

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Mar 16, 14 4:54 PM
Ok I loved the demo...then bought the game and now it wont play...when it loads it just shows the stone children with the instruments...no way out of it...I uninstalled and reinstalled...please help BF!!

Go to: