FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:Are there other “Free to Play” games better than this one?

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 17, 14 3:15 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Bedazzles,

Since everyone's preference in games is different, we don't hold it against anyone if they find that Midnight Castle isn't their cup of tea. I'm just glad to see that others are helping out with finding other Free to Play games that may be more to LizzieK's tastes!

Any feedback we get on a game and how it can be improved is valuable and we love knowing how we can make our games more enjoyable for everyone!

We are always working to continue improving all of our Free to Play games, and each one is going to work out differently with everyone's personal preferences. It can take a little patience for an update to come up, but we do try to get them out for you all as quickly as possible!

I hope this helps to clear that up, and happy gaming!

bfgVaiya

bfgVaiya, nice to meet you
There's a LOT of feedback on this forum about Midnight Castle and we have all been patient for over 2 months now PLEASE, if you read the Letter to BFG and Elephant then that is a huge source of feedback.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 17, 14 4:10 PM

Since everyone's preference in games is different, we don't hold it against anyone if they find that Midnight Castle isn't their cup of tea. I'm just glad to see that others are helping out with finding other Free to Play games that may be more to LizzieK's tastes!

Any feedback we get on a game and how it can be improved is valuable and we love knowing how we can make our games more enjoyable for everyone!

We are always working to continue improving all of our Free to Play games, and each one is going to work out differently with everyone's personal preferences. It can take a little patience for an update to come up, but we do try to get them out for you all as quickly as possible!

bfgVaiya

Wow now do I just feel like a little kid that just got yelled at...LOL

The problem is we all know that LizzieK loved this game till the new update!!!! I mean come on she is a Whale Shark and had posted many times in here alone. We are trying to get someones attention that can actually do something to help improve it since it was until the update a wonderful beautifully done game. Fun to play addicting had a very nice balance of fun difficulty interest..etc..and WE dont want it to end or not be successful!!! We dont want all of us to get to the point of frustration the developers dont improve it and we all move on to something else...if we could just get some kind of time line of what is to come or something...just any little tidbit to keep our hopes alive in the Castle!!!

And Thank you Fudge chi...for your comments and advice for them to read that post!!!!
Bedazzle

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 17, 14 4:41 PM
I have gone back and updated my original post to clarify why I was disappointed in this game. I think everyone who has posted in this topic understood my original post except perhaps the new mod.

There is a lot of "history" regarding this game and the various frustrations the players have experienced. I believe we mostly love the game and find it rewarding and fun when the game actually works properly. My disappointment and that of many others is with the glitches & bugs, lock outs, dropped connections, no more quests, the "Find" mechanism not working and other various problems with the game.

Since this is the only FTP game I have played, I wanted to ask the other players for their opinions on other FTP games to see if all FTP games have similar problems. Are these frustrations, with glitches and lack of updates and the updates making things worse, in every FTP game.

I think all the answers have been great. There are a lot of knowledgeable caring people here and I appreciate everyone who has shared their experiences.

Edited on 03/17/2014 at 4:44:50 PM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 17, 14 4:49 PM
Lizzie, I think all of the free to play have some kind of glitch at one time or another much like all the full games. Just like full games you have to wait for an update to get it fixed.

That being said, this is the worst of the bunch as far as glitches. I am still locked out 7 days after the update and I never have issues with games here except for very minor ones.

I hope you will give some of the others a try since they are free. I have tried pretty much all of them and have only kept a few that I still play regularly.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 17, 14 4:55 PM
I play My Singing Monsters, I started Sept 14. I didn't have any problems until a update on Dec 3 came out. I downloaded it and installed it, everything was good downloading. I went to play it and had choppy audio. That game the audio is the most important part of the game. The Dec 3 update was to fix a cursor misalignment. Then updated on Dec 17, no improvement to the choppy audio. I did a update on March 11, the choppy audio did improve so it is not as bad as it was but no where right. So this a major disappointment, have the choppy audio from Dec 3 to current.

I play Farm Up and had no problems at all. Also I play League of Mermaids and had no problems at all.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Mar 17, 14 7:54 PM

bfgVaiya

I've been enjoying BFG for around 8 years now. I like the site better than some of the competitor's sites and offerings.

Midnight Castle and the FTP games are rather new to me. I've just downloaded Awakening Kingdoms and Found but haven't begun playing them.

Free to Play is a misnomer if there is never any hope that you can win without paying out some real money to get diamonds or gold or energy.

I personally am willing to use up to the cost of a game credit every month for the ongoing joy of playing the game every day. Why can't we use game credits to buy gold and diamonds?

It would seem to be a good business proposition to organize a method of incorporating this into the benefits of game club membership.

llaurelwreath

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Mar 18, 14 6:57 AM
FYI you can get around the wait on farm up by moving your computer clock ahead.
I built the sheep pen, school, and textile factory in about 15 min. real time. At least it works on my computer. Just be careful not to kill any crops you have growing. One more thing you need to change the am-pm and date as the case may be. Also if you stay logged in when you leave the game you'll get a lot more arrows.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 18, 14 11:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

While we are happy to keep a thread going that discusses different free-to-play game options on our site, the posts seem to have veered a bit off topic and skewed a bit negative yesterday.

You are welcome to continue posting about the subject in this thread, but we will need to lock it if those off-topic posts continue. Please keep the Forum Rules in mind when making posts, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

and

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

Thank you.

bfgWendwater

Go to: