Multiple Games

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Multiple Games

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 20, 14 9:45 AM
I wonder if you created a new BFG account with a new email on your computer if it would work (creating a second game). It seems to me you need different Game Managers to be able to start a new, separate game..

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Mar 20, 14 11:42 AM
TiramaSue wrote:wulfruna - the problem is creating that second account on the same computer. If it's been created elsewhere, no problem.

If you came over to my house and wanted to play your game on my machine, when you opened the game, you would first bring up MY game. Then you log in, and your game appears.

However, if you had never played the game and wanted to start one on my machine, you can't. When you opened the game, it would be my game, with my player id number you'd see. If you went into settings and clicked on new game, you would be restarting MY game from scratch. (And your days would be numbered )

Yes, I see what you mean - you are quite right that it runs the risk of losing the first one if you try to start a new game from scratch on the same computer.
The main intention of the "cloud" is so that you can open your game again on another computer.
Having checked back to the Thread about the updates posted by BFG at the top of this Forum, they do seem to say that you can't "create" a second account on the same computer, although once you do have a second account registered you can then log into either of them. The only option would seem to be TiramaSue's alternative idea of a kind friend who might allow you to download the game on their machine just enough for you to set up your new character and register with a new name and e-mail in the cloud - and then delete it again from there (having made sure you can open it ok on yours first!!)

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 20, 14 2:35 PM
All that sounds like way too much trouble to me. I think I will try saving my game to this cloud.....trusting that you all are right and I won't lose the progress in my game. i just thought it would be fun to start a new game from scratch to remember all the fun stuff along the way!

bhelliom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bhelliom on Mar 21, 14 4:43 PM
I started another game on another computer and saved it to the cloud. When I change players on this computer, it shows the gold and coins from the new game, but has all the trophies and inventory of the old one. Afraid to have it start over under the new player as I am afraid of losing everything from the old one. Any ideas??

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 21, 14 9:01 PM
Gee, that's weird, bhelliom I have different decor in mine so it's easy to tell them apart. I've checked achievements in them both and they're different. My money is about a half million apart. They seem to stay totally separate for me. If you did decide to start a new game on one of them if you wanted to do the work, you could buy and sell items at high prices between your two games and eventually get all your money and good items moved to one game, then start over on the other one. One thing I would suggest, though, is to uninstall and then reinstall one or both games. That solves a lot of problems for me. You shouldn't lose any of your progress, although with your strange problem, who knows

bhelliom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bhelliom on Mar 22, 14 7:33 AM
I reinstalled on both computers, still saw that the new profile had the resources and energy of the old one, but the new profile's gold and of course nothing in the collections. While on the other computer, I gritted my teeth, cringed and clicked new game in the new profile. Seems to have cleared up the problem and only affected that game. Whew!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 24, 14 7:32 PM
I have played both games on my desktop and now it's kinda screwed up, but not too bad. I was WendyDarling and Travoltas. Now I'm Travolta's on both games and WendyDarling seems to have disappeared. I still have 2 separate games, though, but they share the same name and ID number. I have different decor, money, gold, and I'm assuming collectibles. I can still bid on the 'other' Travolta's items but not the ones that I put up for sale, so it's keeping that part straight. Very strange I seem to have confused the cloud

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 24, 14 8:16 PM
awalkinglady wrote:So....one thing I really want to know is this....if I save my game to this cloud, will it save my progress as well? Since I am at level 93, I really don't want to lose that progress.

As, for a second computer, I don't have one and really don't have any need to get one....especially not just to play a game!

Hi, yes it will - I have done it, and you play it from any other computer.

Go to: