WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edi

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 21, 14 3:30 PM
Yaelle wrote:AHHHHH! Whats wrong with the screen?
No, this is not another obligatory "there's a glitch cuz I cant figure out how to do something" posts that you see on every game. My graphics & the mouse/trackpad are out of control. I opened the game for the first time & got a lot of wavy lines. It actually took me 5 full minute to be able to get the cursor to the exit button & then to the confirm, YES I want to exit!

Ive not had this problem with anything else otherwise I'd ask what the resolution is supposed to be set to - I am using a Toshiba Satellite Windows 8 PC if that helps any, & the resolution is set to the recommended #.
Whoa! Yeah, that's weird. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if you got a bad download?

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edit

[Post New]by mexicatl on Mar 22, 14 2:56 AM
The game will not load and the arrow curser skips all over the screen. The graphics on the opening screen are not loading properly and only part of the graphics are displayed. I have downloaded this twice after buying the game with the same problems. Help!!!!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edit

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 22, 14 8:29 AM
i cant play this game I bought, I will click play then it says I played what is going on I tried everything I could to get thisd game working I unistalled it 4 times.. does the same thing..the demoed played for me ok.. oh well I guess I have to get support to help me..anyone else having this problem???

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Mar 23, 14 2:14 AM
this game has a lot of problems .

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 23, 14 2:32 AM
after 2 days I figured out my problem ,myself..I got the game working so i can play it and i am having alot of fun with this game once you get the game going..

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Mar 23, 14 10:29 AM
Anyone else having/had a problem with placing the bat on the bat in the last chapter? Tried over and over again, but it just won't stick! Have so enjoyed the game up until this point and I am wondering if it is a glitch? Thanks!

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edi

[Post New]by dog2007 on Mar 25, 14 12:56 AM
I play on Windows 7 and noticed a couple glitches/possible glitches

1) Not that important but the pictures you can take while playing get all mixed up in the album, and I don't think the main game pictures return to the album once you finish (haven't tried playing through again...just like taking them)

2) In the bonus area when Dupin gets trapped by the chandelier he repeats what he said in the main game...it doesn't sound quite right in this contest so I'm wondering if the wrong line was put in by mistake

3) The photographs gathered int he bonus chapter go into the notebook all mixed up...while it doesn't interfere with the story it was a bit odd

4) during the main game a few of the journal entries were blank with just the piece of paper found on the other page (like the sand weight)...maybe it's supposed to be a blank page but just want to make sure

5) In the final movie at the end of the bonus chapter is there supposed to be dialog? (during the last viewable movie in Extras and after you use the sword and watch the end of the game it feels like someone is supposed to be saying something but doesn't)

6) Maybe it's just me but I had to exit a few times because during the game a slight lag began at various points...when walking the game would hesitate slightly and when taking photographs with the camera the bottom invintory or mini-game instructions would be in the picture even though they cleared int he game...I had to completely exit the game and go back in (clicking play again) to get rid of it but it would start up again some time later

Not major issues but hope these get to the right people (I may e-mail CS just so they have the issues at their level....still not happy about the lack of animation for the characters compared with the past 3 games and not a fan of Dupin's new voice or attitude but there will be more DT games so I'll see what happens - I hope I hope lol)

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 10:56:10 AM PST

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Mar 25, 14 4:18 AM
I can't get anywhere with the leather pouch sewing puzzle. I hit start, it sews a line, and then I hit one of the buttons. none of them seem to be responding. Only reset and start work. Am I doing something wrong?

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Mar 25, 14 10:51 AM
robinbucy wrote:I can't get anywhere with the leather pouch sewing puzzle. I hit start, it sews a line, and then I hit one of the buttons. none of them seem to be responding. Only reset and start work. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you rotating the leather?

No issues for the puzzles here

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed

[Post New]by katbear50 on Mar 25, 14 6:51 PM
Order 208008093 Purchased on 03/24/14
Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edition

Game will not load.
click on install when ready, but nothing happens.

BFG_...exe
failed - Network Error...

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 7:31:23 PM PST

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Mar 27, 14 9:11 AM
I am also having the video card issue and have NEVER had this on the Edgar Allan Poe games! And I DO NOT see a answer!? I have uninstalled/installed twice!

[Post New]by pamfacc on Mar 27, 14 10:33 AM
The screen is jumping like crazy, I installed it again and its still happening. I tried to play and see if it stops but it didnt.

[Post New]by welshcath on Mar 27, 14 12:12 PM
cmh47 wrote:I have download this game twice and still can't get it to run. When I click on play in the BF app. the screen goes black as though it is starting to load the game and then it goes back to the BF app. I have never had this problem before with any other game. At the moment I have the last 2 CE games in my BF app. and although I have played them for the time limit they still open. So in my opinion it must be a problem with this game and not my computer. I am very disappointed as I have all the other games in the series and looked forward to play the latest one and probably adding it to my games. This is not going to happen now because of the fault.

I am having the same problem .... It keeps saying. The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program

[Post New]by GuppyGal1860 on Mar 27, 14 8:50 PM
I am trying to put Madelin's medallion on the chest in her room, but it won't let me. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by jennieflea on Mar 28, 14 12:54 PM
I am having the same issue as a couple of people on this forum. I have bought this game (without trying it) as I have all the other Edgar Alan Poe games and have not had any previous trouble with any of them. But this one I have tried downloading it twice, with no problems, but when I come to try to play a get a black screen and a message in the middle of it which says that the screen mode is not supported by my video card. Cannot understand this as all the other games run fine, even the other games I bought at the same time as this!! Please, please, please tell me what to do, or can I please have my money back? (This being the last resort as I really would like to play this game!!!!!)

[Post New]by HelloHeatherB on Mar 28, 14 6:38 PM
cmh47 wrote:I have download this game twice and still can't get it to run. When I click on play in the BF app. the screen goes black as though it is starting to load the game and then it goes back to the BF app. I have never had this problem before with any other game. At the moment I have the last 2 CE games in my BF app. and although I have played them for the time limit they still open. So in my opinion it must be a problem with this game and not my computer. I am very disappointed as I have all the other games in the series and looked forward to play the latest one and probably adding it to my games. This is not going to happen now because of the fault.

I'm having the same problem! Please help

[Post New]by saltlife on Mar 29, 14 10:41 AM
AFter i download the game and hit play a message comes up saying program has been closed due to Data Execution Prevention . This is the 6th game I cannot play because of DEP closing the program. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have tried to turn off the DEP for the specific program and it states DEP cannot be turned off.. Several great games I have not been able to play .

[Post New]by bavoir on Mar 30, 14 3:04 PM
Yaelle wrote:AHHHHH! Whats wrong with the screen?
No, this is not another obligatory "there's a glitch cuz I cant figure out how to do something" posts that you see on every game. My graphics & the mouse/trackpad are out of control. I opened the game for the first time & got a lot of wavy lines. It actually took me 5 full minute to be able to get the cursor to the exit button & then to the confirm, YES I want to exit!

Ive not had this problem with anything else otherwise I'd ask what the resolution is supposed to be set to - I am using a Toshiba Satellite Windows 8 PC if that helps any, & the resolution is set to the recommended #.

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem and I've downloaded it twice now. This has happened to me once before with a Knightstone game, but I rectified that by playing it not in full screen. But that doesn't work with this. All the other games I've bought previously work fine. Can you help??

antimaim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by antimaim on Mar 31, 14 5:50 PM
I've played this game without any problems almost all the way through, but I've hit a wall. I know there are theoretically "no glitches" in the game, but toward the end, when you're supposed to use some ice tongs to retrieve a tin soldier from a jar (in the room with the big cage from which you get the first sword), I can't get there. Both the walkthrough and the hint sparkle indicate a spot, but no matter what I do, I can't get an eyeball to show up anywhere in that area (other than the one for the box on the table and, later, the one for the dude tied up in roots). I can't go any further in the game until I pick up that darned tin solder, and I'm beginning to think it can't be done.

Suggestions, anyone?

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Apr 2, 14 1:57 PM
antimaim wrote:I've played this game without any problems almost all the way through, but I've hit a wall. I know there are theoretically "no glitches" in the game, but toward the end, when you're supposed to use some ice tongs to retrieve a tin soldier from a jar (in the room with the big cage from which you get the first sword), I can't get there. Both the walkthrough and the hint sparkle indicate a spot, but no matter what I do, I can't get an eyeball to show up anywhere in that area (other than the one for the box on the table and, later, the one for the dude tied up in roots). I can't go any further in the game until I pick up that darned tin solder, and I'm beginning to think it can't be done.

Suggestions, anyone?

Have you found a photograph? If I remember correctly, there's a photograph that has to be inserted into the scene at that spot in order to activate the jar.

Go to: