mynana33
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:The dreaded Bow Figurine – how many times we have to go there

[Post New]by mynana33 on Mar 25, 14 9:12 PM
I am on my second bow figurine, this may end the game for me. It is now a chore instead of a game, that I really loved.

pennyking123
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by pennyking123 on Mar 27, 14 4:22 AM
mynana33 wrote:I am on my second bow figurine, this may end the game for me. It is now a chore instead of a game, that I really loved.

just when I thought I was done with him I got sent right back and I tried to keep up with what all I needed but man it got so confusing I just had to stop trying to keep up with it all it is just not fun anymore with all the crafting that is now having to be done just to move on to next quest and I don't have the money to spend on something like this so it may just come to an end soon

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 27, 14 7:54 AM
I have arrived at the quests for the Keeper of the Castle and Lord Chamberlain which puts you at the Bow Figuring and Six-Paws many times.

Instead of getting overwhelmed and frustrated I looked at the positive aspect.

Go through ALL the HOS scenes (collecting flowers along the way). Wait for recharge and go through again. Take care of any "Find" paths or crafting needed for quest with what I've gained in the HOS. Rinse and repeat. Everytime you visit an HOS - if they are all at the 1 hour recharge - your gaining at least 50 coins (for all 20 HOS that's 1000 coins) each time you run through plus the 10 coins for every 5 flowers.

So I look at this as time to gain coins needed to craft. I've resigned to the fact that these quest will take me a week. And in that time I'm also playing dice every 12 hours and am now half-way toward winning that tiger egg from the dragon. Every time I send off the airship I gain several hundred coins. Plus, repeating through the HOS scenes I'm getting other non-quest needed items to craft and cash in for more coins.

As daunting as this Bow Figurine, Six-Paws, and the Pirates Standard are at least I have something to do with this game until the next update is available (as opposed to finishing and waiting and/or going through HOS with no purpose).

So fishies, my question is: what's the hurry? - like someone else said on this forum "stop and smell the roses" so to speak, take in the scenery and special effects - like the baby crocodile that starts to hatch from the egg in the crocodile bush HOS.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 27, 14 8:11 AM
Great attitude, silver hawk! It is a time to gather some coins....and we certainly do need them for all the crafting!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 27, 14 2:52 PM
Update:
In addition to the visits to the Bow Figurine that I listed in the first post you are sent to the Witch to do 4 quests at the last part of level 21.

The first quest is to craft the Eternal Light and one of the items you need is Warlocks Ritual from the Bow Figurine.

Then you craft some potions that are not too difficult:
Orb of Moonlight
Blood Flow Potion
Harmful Poison
Purifying Fire
Flask of Miracles
Bucket of Full Moon

Unfortunately the last potion in quest 4 is Monster of Dawn and quess what? You need the Claws of the West from the Bow Figurine.
Don't you just love it!

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 2:54:41 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 27, 14 3:22 PM
LizzieK wrote:Update:

Unfortunately the last potion in quest 4 is Monster of Dawn and quess what? You need the Claws of the West from the Bow Figurine.
Don't you just love it!

Oh, So happy I won three Monster of Dawn on the Wheel of Fortune yesterday.

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Mar 27, 14 3:39 PM
I love the attitude Silver Hawk! That's how I play too. I'm just so glad to be playing and not be locked out any longer. I don't care if I'm finishing 10 little quests a day or part of one that will take much longer. Each time I play and do all the HO's, I make some progress on the current quest. Also love working on the different achievements.

[Post New]by aPAcounrtygal on Mar 30, 14 8:35 AM
Yes the Bow figurine is quite irritating and challenging. It takes a while to complete it. I am currently working on my second time through it. One must realize that this was a free game and in order to make anything off of it the creators had to make it more challenging in order to try and get us to spend our money (which I will not do) I will just keep trudging through it.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 30, 14 9:06 AM
I, myself, am willing to spend a little money for diamonds to help get through this a bit easier, but only if they have a sale on them. After all it is a lot of work put into games like this and the dev's deserve to get paid. I've spent as much time (without spending anything so far, waiting for a diamond sale) on this game that would have cost me well over $100 US on other games.

I have shelled out real $$ on my other FTP games when they have had sales on the gold and diamonds, as much or slightly more than what I would have spend on a collectors edition game.

At least with these FTP games you can play entirely free with lots of patience, or choose to pay to move along a bit faster - The beauty is that it's entirely up to the individual player.

Go to: