Re:Post your REVIEWS for Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Apr 13, 14 2:21 PM
I don't know if this a particularly long game or it just took me longer to finish!! But finish it, I did. I did enjoy the game except for a few puzzles that either I couldn't make heads or tails out of or my mouse just didn't want to work right ie: the "cog" puzzle - couldn't get it to move. The dice game was waaaayyy beyond me. But other than that, I thought the game enjoyable enough, nothing spectacular, voice overs were not annoying, music fit the game. So all in all, I give the game at least two or three

feenix

Re:Post your REVIEWS for Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 20, 14 6:05 AM
BONUS CONTENT REVIEW!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

BONUS CHAPTER
For once I remembered to note the time, so I can tell you it took me exactly 75 minutes to complete the bonus chapter, which is an epilogue to the main game. It is not necessary to the main story, which ended nicely. This is just an extra adventure. It includes almost all new scenes, some where the old scenes used to be. The puzzles and HOPs are all new. Most of the types of HOP found in the main game are represented here, but I felt there were too many fragmented object puzzles. Mind you, I personally dislike this HOP type, so it may just have been too many for me.

GALLERY
The usual selection in the gallery. Wallpapers (locations) x 12, good interesting Concept Art, unfortunately not saveable x 14, Cut Scenes x 14 + 12 more in black & white, Music x 6.

COLLECTIBLES
There are 3 types of collectibles. None of which I managed to find all of. I was 2 short on each. There are 10 pirate cards, 12 glowing seahorses, and 24 puzzle (jigsaw) pieces.

ACHIEVEMENTS
The achievements are delightfully represented on various parts of the galleon. There are many of both performance and story awards. There is one you might look out for, regarding interaction with the animals of the island. No, we don’t rescue any, have any pets or anything so involved as that, but...

REPLAYABLES
There are 11 replayable HOPs. They are presented as interactive word lists only.

I’d have to say, while the game itself is a clear 5 stars, the bonus content is not all that impressive. I mean, why have us collect 24 puzzle pieces, and then just present us with the finished picture? However, it is enough to justify the CE to those who lean in that direction anyway, but I could have been just as happy with the SE.

coqa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by coqa on Apr 24, 14 11:47 AM
This would be an excellent game if it weren't for the cut scenes. There are far too many which becomes very annoying. I know you can skip them, but doesn't detract from the fact they are there. The occasional one is OK but just want to get on with game

Go to: