giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Re:Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Mar 30, 14 11:24 AM
Great game!! Puzzles are fun, not too difficult. Decent length, I'm really glad I decided to purchase this game.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Mar 30, 14 1:20 PM
Wow, some pretty snarky comments on this thread! Not what I usually see from most commenters. I agree 100% with Nancy Susan. I read these comments to get an idea of what other gamers think about THE GAME, not what they think about other people's comments!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 30, 14 2:54 PM
Since much of the thread comments now are based on situations arising from my 3:45 AM (yawn) original comments on the new game, "Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams" which were taken a bit out of context as well as to heart by those truly enjoying the game I would like to offer apologies if anything I wrote in my post was upsetting or appeared harsh, yet I will add, I was taken aback at feeling confronted. I will add, I would voluntarily remove any post of mine that does not comply with the forum guidelines and/or not be upset if monitors did so because I do believe in following the rules for fairness to everyone.

So, anyway, in reviews and comments I always try to add the positives I appreciate of any game [and I play and enjoy ALL genres] along with my [albeit sometimes very strong and opinionated] critiques and I recognize that many of us have different and varying tastes and expectations for games.... and that is great IMHO!

I don't believe I said anything 'nasty' about or to the developer... my comment was more referring to the mixed bag of storyline in many of the games of late [and not only this particular dev] and it was an honest opinion 'that they may be just laughing in the sidelines'. In thinking of the oft hodgepodge mix going into many of the recent creations... some of which [I may add] is customer driven. [ie. I know the developers have taken advice/desires/wishes etc from us and tried to implement them into games as an example [think CE collectibles/wallpapers/find objects, "guides", etc]. Voicing our opinions [good and bad] in the reviews are what drives the gaming industry to better themselves.

If YOU [any fishy] enjoy game/games and admire the developer/s for efforts, [or NOT] that is fine and I will never belittle others in any way for what they may or may not like because I respect all the fishies opinions here and appreciate all of our differences. I actually would not "talk carp" [as the original poster mentioned that I did] about a developer or anyone else for that matter [it's not even in my vocabulary, lol].

So, I don't know why I became the brunt, but hey, let's move on and use all of this maybe as an opportunity to remember to respect our differing opinions and swim in the pond knowing we ALL have an opportunity to voice our opinions hopefully without being singled out to ultimately see better & better games being offered us. HAVE FUN

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Mar 30, 14 3:01 PM
i have not posted anything for a long time because, well, i guess i got tired of repeating myself. and i repeated myself because the games all repeated THEMSELVES. i think for the first time ever, there was even an ERS game i didn't critique (which i intend to remedy today) because it's just more repetition.

this one is no different. i played this as a beta version and i see they changed nothing. we still have the little "cute" pet dragon, fairies and so on that i have become so tired of. and yes, why does a dragon need a keychain?

i played just over a half hour of the demo and was bored to tears. i just can't get past the one-dimensional characters and the same old plot of finding our missing brother lost in the mist. or was it a fog? no, that was another game last week.

someone mentioned that it was nice to have a change of pace... instead of a female looking for her male relative, THIS time it was a MALE looking for a male relative. at first i thought they were joking, but then realized they were serious! HOW, exactly, is that a big change? well, i guess it is if there is never a male looking for a male!

so, no. i won't be buying this game as a CE or SE. i want something new and different! This ain't it! i think i will go check out the "true fear: forsaken souls forum. that's more my style.

ETA: FORTUNATUS, i am in agreement with both your posts!

Edited on 03/30/2014 at 3:09:33 PM PST

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Mar 31, 14 3:03 AM
tammytheo wrote:Hi Fury161,

There is a sale for CE games this weekend too though it doesn't appear on the site but once you open the Game Manager. The coupon code for it is CLASSIFIED and it is a nice little discount with which you could buy this or any other CE game you'd like.

Thank you and thistle809 for the heads up on this one. It does look promising! Only a few more minutes, before downloading ends, to find out!
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tammytheo
many thanks for that heads up tip it worked like a dream and as you say a nice little discount,
Thanks again thepurplehatlady

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 31, 14 2:32 PM
this is one of the best of best games i have played in such a long time, these DEV's should be congrats big time, DEV's thank you so much for all your hard work and time..I played about 30 minutes and bought the game I am not one bit disappointed at all..I hope to see more of your beautiful games..The graphics are sooooo beautiful and sounds are so refreshing to listen 2..Congrats DEV"s and many thanks..
Thx BF for letting us have such a beautiful game to play it is so relaxing..
5 's
I recommend this game please give this game a chance..

Edited on 03/31/2014 at 2:33:29 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 31, 14 3:14 PM
I too am enjoying the game, and so are the rainbows in my room....so folks ought to do the demo and decide for themselves.
So far, I am loving all of it, except the solutions to the games in the SG, which I think could do with some improvement.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Mar 31, 14 7:41 PM
shorenuf wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:Saying you don't like a game is a great deal different than insulting the developers by insinuating they're purposely making a carp game so they could laugh at their stupid customers. I thought I made that distinction clear in my edited comment.

Excuse me, but it is the developers churning out this stuff …

If all I wanted from a game was a good story I would read a book. When I play a game I want to be intrigued by subtle clues, feel accomplished when I master a task, come across a required item, solve a puzzle, or figure out where to go in the adventure.

Game: 1. form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.
2. a physical or mental activity or contest that has rules and that people do for pleasure

Pap: an idea, talk, book, or the like, lacking substance or real value; drivel

In other words, I want to be challenged by the contest a developer has conceived using his/her rules. Yes, the story that carries the challenge along should be entertaining, but getting to the end of a pleasurable game needs to be more than a mindless activity. Or, it should not be called a game at all.

Developers seem content to be producing nothing more. They don't have to and they know it. The whole lot of them. BF had an amazing development team -- Drawn, the earlier MCF and HE games. They were proud of what they accomplished and it showed. Abandoned now in favor of F2P profits. ERS -- brilliant early on as well, now same old, same old. Even Eipix has lost the intrigue they put in Linden Shades and the first Final Cult. All of them have left the "game" out of their "games." (EG has occasional signs of creativity -- I still have some hope there.)

So yes, they are laughing at their good fortune. No, I don't imagine they consider their audience to be very bright. We are being duped. No need to come up with anything new, inventive, clever, challenging. No need at all as long as the same old continues to sell.

I just want to say I agree. Not looking to insult anyones else's taste, just wish they made some games again like Drawn and Dream Chronicles and MCF Dire Grove, The first Azada games and Dreamscapes: The Sandman and others along those lines that are different and challenging. The only answer is they don't have to, because, I guess, it puts me in the minority that I'm bored with most of what the devs put out now. Clearly, many are happy. Just not me.

Go to: