TGT Sea Journey

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Re:TGT Sea Journey

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 22, 09 11:29 AM
One other thing I noticed, is that it gets confused who is actually firing (for the animations). On numerous occasions, I used the top Corsair attack (Firepower), but though the explosions and damage appeared in the right place (enemy ships on the right), the cannonballs actually travelled from right to left...

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 22, 09 11:59 AM
I love match-3 games and am hovering on the brink of using a game credit for this, but now the bugginess some experienced has me concerned. Also, could anyone who has played it on through give me some idea of how many levels there are? Thanks in advance.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 22, 09 4:10 PM
Elkestra wrote:Just finished the game.... sad to say, the final battle (puzzle) does turn into a bit of a arcade speed-click fest, though thankfuly its not too bad.

Oh Nooooo! Are you saying the last battle IS TIMED?! Argh! This is a terrible thing to hear as with my disabled hands I am likely to fail. What an odd thing to do at the very end. Well, I am nearly there, so I'll know soon enough.

Oh, wanted to say some of the animations are going to be showing what their special attacks and Talismans are doing, so when it looks as if the canon fire is going the wrong way, that could be why.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 22, 09 4:16 PM
Howatch wrote:I love match-3 games and am hovering on the brink of using a game credit for this, but now the bugginess some experienced has me concerned. Also, could anyone who has played it on through give me some idea of how many levels there are? Thanks in advance.

I have played so far, nearly to the end, without issues, so not saying folks aren't having bugs, but none here.

As to levels there are many, many battles, far too many to count, though until the end they go quite quickly. There are markers on the map but you sometimes back-track so that's not a good measure. I can tell you I have not finished and I played for over 4 hours yesterday. I also see this as being a game where if you enjoyed it replay would be very doable. I for one am interested to see how the other ships play thru as I played the Guardian almost exclusively. The game is really about the battles and not the stroy imo, so replay is much more viable, for me at least, than with most games and I *rarely* replay. Of course your mileage may vary.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Mar 22, 09 4:20 PM
I am enjoying this game, even the "translated" dialog. It's nice to have variety. So far, no glitches, but I'm not as far as the rest....

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 22, 09 5:34 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm just finishing up Deep Blue Sea (level 129 of 130 levels), and I will be using a game credit on Sea Journey in about an hour, after I finish Deep Blue Sea. I'm looking forward to playing the game; I really liked the demo, and I loved Puzzle Quest.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 22, 09 5:45 PM
I revoke my Poodle Approved!

I'm so hoppin' mad right now I could spit. After my touting this game all over the place, absolutely loving it up one side down the other, to get to the LAST FREAKIN' BATLLE and have it be timed?!?! When the rest of the game wasn't? To have it taken out of the realm of strategy and thinking and into a frakin' quick click reaction frenzy that where facile mind might as well turn off and crippled hands can not hope to complete?!

Plan on writing the developers and repeating this, but had to vent here because I had said so many good things, probably leading those who can't do fast clicking but enjoy Match 3 down the garden path, and this makes me feel so bad I was duped (by developers, not ) into buying something I can't finish. How can you justify changing the mechanic of an entire game in the last moment?!

So mad. So dissapointed. So sad.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 23, 09 12:03 AM
(((((((((((((((((((((((big fin hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know what you mean...

Couldn't beleive it when I first came up against it, and ended up losing with the enemy on 99% full health... ouch.

2nd time I tried, I thankfully managed to start damaging the enemy fairly quickly. and won... phew!

It just goes against the grain of the rest of the games. Ok, so there was the 'catching' of the green symbols as they 'flowed' across the screen, but that wasn't particularly difficult. But this last sub-game just seemed so... out of place.

Edited on 03/23/2009 at 12:18:25 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 23, 09 12:14 AM
Exactly! So incongruous! After fussing and fuming all afternoon to poor hubby I summed it up by saying, "It's like you're eating a super deliscious fresh berry and vanilla ice cream parfait and the bottom layer is roast beef in gravy." I'm not saying there aren't folks who don't like action games or that they are bad but this doesn't fit the rest of the game! I mean it wasn't even like it was a Timed version of the other battles it was just a "twitch" arcade game. So no strategy at all, no chance except with fast reflexes. I had no trouble with the catch the symbols bit. This was a million times faster. It should have been an epic battle, yes, more difficult but still using the stratgies of the rest of the game. *shakes head*

So was that one battle the end of the game? I'll never know. Hubby offered to do it for me but what fun is that? So I run the race but have to let someone else cross the finish? *sigh*

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 23, 09 12:20 AM
Yes, its the final 'battle' of the game storyline... after that, the storyline winds up, and you are allowed to free-play any of the story/game-sections.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 23, 09 1:20 AM
*sigh*

Well I might let hubby play me thru that bit then since I do enjoy the battles, particularly those near the end that became more difficult. Would be a good go to game when waiting for a new game to download or just killing time.

Thanks for the info and the sympathy.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Mar 23, 09 8:29 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Sea Journey. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Mar 23, 09 8:51 AM
Yuppers. It's like I said in one of my other posts, this could have been a really good if not a really great game, if the mini-games (especially the last one with all the mindless clicking) didn't spoil it.

I really enjoy turn-based match-3 games like Puzzle Hero and Puzzle Quest.

What I really enjoyed about this one was that it allowed you to take 3 moves (or more) at a turn, rather than just 1.

My advice to whoever designed this game is to either get rid of the mini-games or to put a "skip" button in, so people have the option if they want to play it or not.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 23, 09 9:59 AM
I didn't have a problem with the other mini-games, in fact they broke up the routine of batle after battle.

The real question-mark is that final mini-game though. It's totally out of character compared with the other ones in the game.

I get the feeling someone had spent ages in the developers' offices creating a 3D ship design, and s/he was desperate to shoehorn it into the game somehow.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 8, 09 12:05 AM
I don't like and get confused between me and my enemy turn it goes so fast. It does seem like the potential to be a good game and I imagine there may be some that like the enemy aspect. I just don't, and for that reason it gets a from me.

Unc0
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Unc0 on Aug 24, 09 6:45 PM
I get the feeling someone had spent ages in the developers' offices creating a 3D ship design, and s/he was desperate to shoehorn it into the game somehow.

Developers' offices Whole game was made by a single person (including that ship)

Edited on 08/25/2009 at 7:52:39 AM PST

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Oct 5, 10 4:27 PM
Has anyone had a problem with it being your turn and only having two moves instead of three? I can understand if I have used one of my power ups that use a turn, but this is at the beginning of my turn and I only have two moves and haven't clicked on anything yet.

[Post New]by ferrko on Jan 28, 13 2:08 AM
Hi all, please let me know about some similar games like this. I mean match-3 or hog with battles ... e.g. Puzzle Quest, Hidden Magic (very good). Thanx in advance.

Go to: