Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Bow_of_Artemis on Apr 5, 14 5:32 AM
I'm having the same issue with the picture evidence board. finished, but won't let me back out. It seems like a lot of people are having this issue. Hopefully there will be another update to fix this.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Sassy_Sheltie on Apr 5, 14 6:06 AM
I have Windows 8.1 all the drivers are updated and I am trying a reinstall of the game. My first problem was when I got near the part in the game by the robot, if I didn't pick up the pulley first before cutting the leather for the cable, I couldn't get back in to get the pulley to continue the game. SO I had to start the game all over. Now when I get to the HOP in the scene after that, the game freezes. There might be some issues with this game in general that the creators need to examine and fix.

mistyelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mistyelle on Apr 5, 14 6:17 AM
jannjones1 wrote:I'm using an Hp Pavillion g series, windows 7. At one of the HOP's, after girl was on cliff, tried to switch into jigsaw and screen went black. Had to go into task manager to get out of game......it said fatal error above where game was listed on menu. After shutting down came by clicking and closing "fatal error" and restarting game.....screen remains black. Had to uninstall and re-install.......tried to play with same screen name.......still black screen. Had to create new character and start from beginning. That really sucks.......and I'm hoping I just don't get shut out again by same problem, whatever it is. Please fix, this seems to be happening to many folks. Unacceptable, Big Fish!!!!

same here 'fatal error' around steel steps part

i dont want to start again so i'll wait till the fix comes out! good game such a shame.

[Post New]by JOSIE1980 on Apr 5, 14 7:22 AM
Christian_ wrote:I too am having freezing problems, I'm almost finished with the game, and I'm freezing where you go to board and put the pictures with the clues. The second set, once you are done, will not let me back out of the scene. It just stays there. I've turned off and got back into it, it still goes to the clue board. Anybody have any suggestions, short of starting the whole game over again??? This is frustrating.

Yes, having the same problem. So very frustrating to get this far and have it freeze. Please help!

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Apr 5, 14 10:10 AM
Hello dear Fishies, is this update just for installing screen savers? But we have problems with the main game....!??

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Apr 5, 14 11:34 AM
This wonderful game has frozen on two separate lap tops. I went back to my smaller Toshiba and down loaded the game just to see if I could finish it. Nope. I'll have to wait for a fix, and I hope they come up with one fast. This is a great game.

I went back and am playing without the puzzle option in the HOS, and so far it's working. This is not satisfactory. I want the whole game, not just pieces of it!

Edited on 04/06/2014 at 8:57:14 PM PST

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Apr 5, 14 2:45 PM
JOSIE1980 wrote:
Christian_ wrote:I too am having freezing problems, I'm almost finished with the game, and I'm freezing where you go to board and put the pictures with the clues. The second set, once you are done, will not let me back out of the scene. It just stays there. I've turned off and got back into it, it still goes to the clue board. Anybody have any suggestions, short of starting the whole game over again??? This is frustrating.

Yes, having the same problem. So very frustrating to get this far and have it freeze. Please help!

Very frustrating! I don't want to start over.

[Post New]by cluekitty on Apr 5, 14 5:28 PM
Having same problem as jannjones1 in the same spot with the same fatal error message. I also uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Apr 5, 14 6:14 PM
I'm also frozen at the girl with the raven.

Christian_
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Christian_ on Apr 6, 14 10:44 AM
Iornaovendent1, I even started the game all over again. and as soon as I get to the second set of pictures, and you are done with the clues, again, it stops there, and won't let me back out to continue, if you click on hint, it shows that you are to back out, but it won't let you. Please Bigfish, any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated, if there is a glitch in this game I would like to be refunded and allowed to use my 60% off again on another game. Someone please answer us. This is very frustrating. I look forward to playing ALL my games glitch free.

cherkatz1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cherkatz1 on Apr 6, 14 2:59 PM
Game loads and the screen goes black. Have followed every instruction for this problem and still having issues. Any help.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Apr 6, 14 6:02 PM
the update did NOT fix the problem that many people reported, the game freezing and lockin up if you do things out of order. Please forget the sundry extras and deal with the main issues that have been reported, or refund the money people have paid for this game

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Apr 6, 14 6:50 PM
i am having the same problem as everyone else after finishing the evidance board the game freezes there and will not let you back out and finish the game. A pain because I could have bought another game and only had so much money.

[Post New]by shercleo on Apr 6, 14 9:21 PM
THE SCREEN IS ;LOCKIED ON MINI GAME WITH PICTURES AFTER THE JAIL SCENES...I JUST PURCHASED THIS GAME TODAY AND IM AGGRAVATED!!!!! I SHUT DOWN AND RESTARTED AND ITS STILL THE SAME..I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK BY CREDITING THE CREDIT CARD I USED...THANKS!!!!

[Post New]by tilmalene on Apr 6, 14 11:35 PM
I have the same problem, and hopefully there will be an update soon

ifas
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by ifas on Apr 7, 14 4:50 PM
Same as everyone else stuck on evidence in computer. Can't get out of that as curser won't move me down or let me go to another area. Help!!!!!

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Apr 7, 14 5:47 PM
A new build announcement posted for screen saver problem. First, it is unavailable through my game manager and I have no idea where to find it other than game manager. Second, it doesn't seem like the glitch with the photos is addressed. Am I on another planet? Could be, I've been there before!

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Apr 7, 14 10:31 PM
same problem as everyone else. My screen freezes, I get a "fata' Error", lose the ability to use my mouse and te screen goes straight black. I have to se control/alt/delete to get out of it. I've tried 3 times; same thing.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Apr 8, 14 1:16 AM
referring us to the useless info on game freezes is not helpful, From the reports above it is evident that the problem lies not in our computers , but in the game .

[Post New]by ottsnot on Apr 8, 14 8:34 AM
xxybcc wrote:My issue is different. I am in the computer where you have to use the photos as evidence. I finished but it won't let me back out. The map doesn't work, at least I would be able to jump to another site and come back. The hint tells me to go backwards. I have uninstalled and tried again, no luck. Disappointed!! I was quite a ways into the game and now I can't play. Anyone else with this problem?

Having the exact same issue.

Go to: