lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Violett here

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 11, 14 8:47 AM
sorry devs I did not like this game at all I am glad we get to test g ames before we buy better luck next time I did try the game to give it a chance..Have fun fishes the ones that do like the game..

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Apr 11, 14 9:12 AM
I love this game...

..frustrating YES!!!!!

however its a change from the usual missing mother, brother, sister and all the other family members who have disappeared in every HOG.
this one really gives your brain a workout and will( in my case ) be a very long game.

yes it would be nice to have a walkthrough , but then again it would be too easy just to keep referring to it to get through the game. I know there is help out there but having to to close the game and search for one makes me struggle on trying to figure out what to do next

the only problem I have is what on earth am I collecting little things that look like beads for....what am I supposed to do with them?????

loved tiny bang and have been looking for something similar as I am sick to death of HOGs so this fits the bill

to all who are also enjoying this game....happy gaming. and if it gets too frustrating walk away and make yourself a cup pf tea/coffee

melouria
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melouria on Apr 14, 14 3:08 PM
I am loving this game. Yes, it is frustrating but so different. You get 4 hints and when you are too frustrated, go to You Tube where a walkthrough is available. I don't see finishing this game anytime soon, and that's okay! The only thing still confusing is the collection of the colored "beads". What in the heck are they for? Oh, and this is the first game I have bought that had less than 4 stars. I will start looking closer at games reviewed with just 2-3 stars!

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 3:09:48 PM PST

Bat_E
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Bat_E on Apr 15, 14 3:29 AM
I looked at the reviews in the main section, which I always do before purchasing a new game.

I love an adventure game and prefer the more challenging ones, but this game has very mixed reviews.

What confuses me every time is people's scoring on level of challenge. If someone says the game is too difficult and they can't go on, surely that should be full marks for level of challenge, and not just one mark.

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Apr 16, 14 3:23 PM
Finished! I tried not to use a walkthrough, but I did have to take a peek a few times.

Sometimes you have to click on something, and sometimes you have to hold and drag. And you may have to drag right. left, up, or down, or to the spot where you want the object to go.

It's a good idea to click on anything that looks like a secret door, loose brick, or movable object.

Sometimes you have to do something like rock an object back and forth to get it to rock far enough. It's not hard, but there is a timing element involved.

The hints can charge slowly, and it seems to help to be doing something, even if it's just pacing back and forth.

There are pages to pick up that seem optional. They look like they should be hints, but I didn't find them helpful. For instance, one talked about a critter and said it couldn't stand soap, but the way to get past that critter didn't involve soap at all.

I did hit one bug that prevented me from continuing. There was a singer that you can hand sheets of music. I handed her one, and since I had another I then handed her that one, triggering the bug. I then discovered that the game was very aggressive about autosaving. However, when I tried to load, It seemed to only show the first slot followed by a bunch of blank slots. It turned out those were manual slots, and I needed to scroll past them to get to the many autosaves. I was then able to load one from before I hit the bug.

There are a lot of little colored spheres that you can collect throughout the game. Collect as many as you can, because the more you have the stronger your defenses will be in the final battle.

Oh yeah, there is a final battle with the baddie. It's not that hard, but the game gives only a brief cryptic hint at how the controls work. It seems you start by clicking on the plant bud in front of you. Just clicking grows the bud (to shield you), Dragging left uses your shield power. Dragging right fires a shot. Up/Down can move to a different platform. Holding the mouse button longer powers up the action. And shooting when the baddie has her red shield up can cause the damage to bounce back at you.

The ending hints at a possible sequel (she still has the amulet).

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 17, 14 1:54 AM
Once you figure out how the controls work, this is an EXCELLENT adventure game.

Unfortumately, you have to figure out the controls first, because they aren't like most other games, and the developers seem to think that is part of the fun of playing. I don't agree. It turns a lot of people off so they never actually play the game. Of course, a lot of people will give a bad review to the game simply because it is an adventure game, not a HOPA. Adventure game fans will appreciate that, unlike HOPA's that all follow exactly the same formula, this is an engaging, entertaining, and original story.

I have trouble controlling a mouse, particularly when I have to click and drag, but I had no trouble with this game. In addition to the Hint system, the game senses when you are having trouble and gives you pointers. For example, if you need to use an inventory item but you repeatedly click where you need it without opening inventory, the inventory item will appear on the screen. If you click when you should click and drag, a copy of your cursor appears in the corner and demonstrates how to move it.

It is much more challenging than the numerous mindless HOPA games here at BFG, but pretty simple for an adventure game. It is non-linear. If you have trouble in an area, you can leave it, go to another area, and come back later. You can miss a lot of stuff and still complete the game.

The English in the diary pages is not very good, but the game itself is language neutral and a lot of fun.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Apr 21, 14 3:34 AM
This is an awful game.

1. What the developers should remember is that just because people are finding it difficult to play that doesn't make it a "hard, brain teaser" kind of game, but rather that its stupidly made that doesn't make much sense ie;-

-in the first (after seeing a wasp I believe being dismembered) where I was moving the cages, even though it doesn't offer you much help you still need to be told that you have to move the cages first, then fix some wires together for spark then you magically appear outside without having any sense that you done anything. Don't know what happened to the other freed fly, or where they where trapped in the first place.

-with the bottle and the fly, I trapped the fly, with again no sense of purpose I was able to walk up the stairs without getting steamed. Don't understand why I was collecting the beads.

- when I entered the next stage there were only clouds so I was just clicking anywhere and the Violett was going nowhere, so then I decided to search for the walkthrough, realising that I should have had some stairs and doors there and not just a sky.

It was poor "gameplay" graphics were OK, idea of setting was interesting but again gameplay was so awful. It reminds me of the Tiny Bang Story game which didn't not have many hints, but the game play was executed fine that you knew what you were collecting and why and carrying onto the next stage. The controls where awful, it made you think that controlling the character was disjointed, as if it was hit and miss on what you could get Violett to do.

Unfortunately its a no buy for me,

[Post New]by swampie on Apr 23, 14 12:07 PM
Really like this game. What a mind-bender. More games like this, please.

melouria
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melouria on May 13, 14 8:58 PM
I agree. More games like this one please! I just finished and loved it! The storyline is very Coraline but what's not to like. I loved Coraline. The music is unobtrusive and the puzzles actually make sense once you realize what your goal is. I thought it was a nice touch to have her climb the ladder in the "bathroom" and see her parents on the other side of the mirror reporting her disappearance to the police. Oh well, on to the next HOG. "Sigh"

Go to: