shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 14, 14 9:50 AM
bonggamer wrote:Hi
Using a MacAIr version OSX 10.9.2 - cant even get the game to open! Crashes when I hit the play button on the trial version! BFG - will be good if you test these games before you launch them. Pity - looked interesting.

27" iMac, OS 10.9.2, same problem. Unexpectedly crashes at start up. Bummer.

Yes, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted GM, restarted Mac, blah, blah, blah.

When several Mac users, with clearly different Mac configurations, report the same issue, the complaint should be elevated with or without our reporting to customer service. Since the demise of any other Forums at BF, participation in these game forums has diminished. I can only imagine you are not hearing from many Mac users who experienced the issue described above. That does not mean it should go unnoticed and unreported by the people who moderate this thread. Thank you.

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 1:03:11 PM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MarciBrig on Apr 14, 14 3:30 PM
I absolutely agree with others, my machine more than qualifies under the requirements. I just finished FINAL CUT HOMAGE, which actually requires a lot more disc space, same CPU and RAM, and that played beautifully.

I downloaded twice, tried running with ALL other services suspended, updated Graphics and refresh rate etc etc. It downloads fine, but the game just stutters and freezes, eventually I can't even shut it down or get to the Task Manager and have to do a hard shut down and reboot.

Are we ever going to get a response from Technical support?

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MarciBrig on Apr 14, 14 3:32 PM
Forgot to mention- I am running Win XP, as are others, I have also seen WIN 7 Users with the same complaints. SO the issues seem to affect ALL of the OSs.

[Post New]by MarciBrig on Apr 14, 14 3:35 PM
AND- tried all hardware acceleration off as well, this will sometimes help when short on RAM, but not in this case, and as I said, I had no other issues wiht several other games requiring the same amt of RAM,
Thanks for letting me spout off, I am done now

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Apr 15, 14 12:43 AM
When are we all going to stop griping about all the problems and do something about it. Stop buying, plain and simple. Hit them in the wallet. One examble was Dark Dimensions: Somber Song. Not fixed on CE and then SE comes out with major problems.
Obviously Big Fish is not listening to our complaints and not pretesting games. What do you say?? Anyone agree with me??

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Apr 15, 14 5:22 AM
Cannot play the trial demo because the screen flickers so badly.Uninstalled,The reviews were excellent so why is every fish having difficulty? Please fix.

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on Apr 15, 14 6:27 PM
GAME DEAD IN THE WATER ....... I got as far as the beginning of Chapter 3, talked to the girl, put the hat, cane, bowtie, and glasses on the doll and ,,,,, now nothing. I looked at the strategy guide and see the doll was supposed to give me something to solve a puzzle, but did not get it. Strategy guide says selecting the dressed doll will trigger a HOPA but ,,,,, nothing. My game is stopped right here, can not advance. I am running Windows 7 on a high end 64 bit Alienware. All drivers are updated. What is the problem here?

[Post New]by hisjewel2 on Apr 16, 14 4:47 AM
I'm happy to say I've never had the any issues the others seem to be having, I'm totally in love with all my games but I'm puzzled with one little thing with this game and refuse to go forward until I figure it out.
I can't click on the collectibles to collect them for some reason. Is there something that I'm missing? Could you help please?

[Post New]by bunnytoday1 on Apr 16, 14 8:45 AM
I am reading the posts for this game, I have been experiencing the same problems of late with Big Fish games. Graphics update issue mostly, I am not sure why these past six months I am now having trouble. All of my graphics and dives are updated, I have windows 8with the latest tech. Now I am seeing somebody saying to get this system and that system to make it work, my question is why should I purchase additional systems when these games have always worked in the past. I own, I know about 80 to 100 Big Fish games. I don't know what BIG FISH has changed or what the developers are now doing but it is not working. I don't build systems as some have stated on this streams of posts.

Strange thing I could not get a game to work using BF yet on another games web site after I joined I could get the same game and it worked.

BF please get it together and try and resolved these issues, everyone has different systems and is experiencing the same issues then you may want to take a look at the games and how the development of them has changed. I like BF games and web site.

Graceful1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Graceful1 on Apr 16, 14 9:07 AM
Tech Department: Many people are asking why the collectibles are not accessible in the game. Does the game need a game patch. You have not yet responded to this issue and need to do so. The strategy guide shows the areas of collectibles but they are absent from the game. What gives? How could Mad Head games have missed this important aspect of the game. Part of the price of the game includes collecting the collectibles. Please resolve this problem and advise us what is going on. We want a patch or fix so that we can collect the collectibles in the game. Thank You.

Up4Renewal
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Up4Renewal on Apr 16, 14 3:57 PM
TAZZ1965 wrote:at the end of chapter 7 you need to place the valve by the 4 tubes I can't get the valve to go. Any idea on how to achieve that. I can't go any further till I do

I have the same problem.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 16, 14 6:44 PM
megwoman25 wrote:I am running an iMac 10.6.8...yes I need to upgrade but this game says its compatible but I can't get it to open up at all like all the other mac users in this forum. Sooo sad as I love these developers and I almost bought this sight unseen! How Id be kicking myself! Lets hope there is a patch soon!

I contacted the developers -- don't count on a fix. I was told BF had to authorize it. From my response from BF CS, that seems very unlikely.

The developer has taken an interest in this issue. You might try to contact them through FaceBook. They have no website, but there is a contact page if you google M a d H e a d G a m e s. They also have a thread at P o n d F r i e n d s.

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 11:12:38 AM PST

[Post New]by hisjewel2 on Apr 17, 14 7:16 AM
Reported my issue with the collections no reply so far, hmmm this just isn't like my experience with BF so far. I've been with them for 3 years and this is the first problem I've had that wasn't fixed immediately. Wow

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Apr 18, 14 7:14 PM
Every 4th or 5th scene the cursor freezes and I can go no further without ctl alt del to get out of the game. I bought the CE and am now sorry I did as this problem is recurring, annoying and frustrating.

Update: I have deleted this game twice and am still having the frozen cursor problem. I give up. I love the developers/designers of this game and the game quickly became my #1 favorite until the cursor problem started. Very very disappointed. Until there is a fix, I will have to let this game sit unplayed to the end.

Edited on 04/19/2014 at 10:53:47 AM PST

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Apr 19, 14 10:27 AM
Check the main discussions for the thread Collectibles and it explains what you have to do to get to the collectibles. Hope this helps for the ones that are having troubles.

[Post New]by kaguiar on Apr 19, 14 4:38 PM
I have received the Dictation machine and is in my inventory but when I go to the map to use the machine, my inventory has disappeared. So I am unable to proceed with the game. Any Help would be appreciated

[Post New]by leila777 on Apr 20, 14 7:03 PM
I have the collectibles issue too, on Mac 10.6.8, no other problems. There used to be okay customer service in my area, but now I just get obvious, totally irrelevant macros, with no attempt to even read what the issue is, i.e., our money isn't being spent for good business practice, obviously.

[Post New]by dancercammie137 on Apr 21, 14 7:42 AM
Ditto to the Mac problems; can't even TRY the game because every time I try to open it, it crashes. Using a MacBook Pro running on OSX 10.8.5. Have been having more issues like this the past year than ever before…seems like game developers have it in for us Mac users

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Apr 21, 14 8:20 AM
Crashes instantly on a MacBook Pro running 10.7.5.

From what I read here, this program crashes on every OS from Snow Leopard to Mavericks. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to post reviews on the game page that mention technical issues - something most customers might be interested in learning.

I agree that Mac versions of games are having problems more often than before, and they don't seem to get fixed.

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Apr 22, 14 3:31 PM
Is anybody else having a problem with the briefcase at the end of the game? I did not receive all of the parts for the initial, therefore, cannot get the handle for the music box & can't get the collectibles. I noticed there were some notes in the "collectibles" part of this forum. They should probably be posted here.
Let me know if I am missing anything. BFG did offer a coupon, but I would like to finish the game.

Already went in the Dr. Felix report. They have not heard of anybody else experiencing this problem. I replied to check the collectibles section of this forum.

Have a good evening Fishies!

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 3:33:25 PM PST

Go to: