8am pst Maintenace Alert!

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:8am pst Maintenace Alert!

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 14, 14 10:41 AM
It's been a while since there was an update. I think the last one was the one that introduced the crashes.. I believe that was the one that changed the way neighbors work also, where you can't see all your neighbors but must either pin your neighbors or incrementally add neighbors about 50 at a time.. So that one was over a month ago.

Hmm.. Going past 2 hours.. Anyone else getting the Dark Manor withdrawals besides me??? I'm getting the shakes and I'm seeing images of spiders, ghosts and black cats everywhere..

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Apr 14, 14 10:44 AM
moosetracker wrote: Anyone else getting the Dark Manor withdrawals besides me??? I'm getting the shakes and I'm seeing images of spiders, ghosts and black cats everywhere..

you mean, those aren't real??

[Post New]by EvilSoupSpoon on Apr 14, 14 10:58 AM
*sprays Raid everywhere*

*hops around giddily from excitement and fumes*

*obsessively checks DM for the 2,378th time*

[Post New]by nightingale63 on Apr 14, 14 11:26 AM
I've folded the laundry, made a pan of brownies, and washed the patio door. More than I've done in a week.
It's making me exhausted.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 14, 14 11:49 AM
mywildirishrose wrote:Does anyone know what happens to a silver boost when the game is down for maintenance? Does the timer run out or does it pause while maintenance mode is going on?

In my experience, the clock continues to click down no matter what. This has happened to me during several mega boosts (like after Scavenger Hunts, so I was losing time on 8X Boosts) The last one was during the Mardi Gras post SH Boost.

I have asked CS what the appropriate compensation would be, but have not received a direct response to that specific question yet.

Hopefully this Maintenance will fix issues that would allow ALL players to effectively use their Boost time - the demand on the servers' data transfer must be astronomical when so many of us are marathon playing during a Boost.

The Boost Sale expires tonight at 11:59pm PST. Pretty sure they're madly working on making this a pleasant experience for us . . . fingers, eyes and legs crossed

Dhyani

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 11:50:42 AM PST

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Apr 14, 14 11:52 AM
Thanks for the info Dhyani
Guess I'm s.o.l.

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Apr 14, 14 12:04 PM
This is so frustrating waiting for the game to come back on. I was so close to the next level and to the next opened game and figured I'd spend part of the day trying to get to the next level since I'm stuck in bed on back pain pills and who knows when I'll be lucky enough to be in horrible pain, drugged up and able to take a day off again?

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 14, 14 12:10 PM
... and who knows when I'll be lucky enough to be in horrible pain, drugged up and able to take a day off again?

Taking a day off, I can totally relate.. Drugged up and in horrible pain ...??? Well, you can keep that part.. If I was drugged up I would be sound asleep and couldn't play Dark Manor at all anyway..

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Apr 14, 14 12:27 PM
The pills are making me drowsy but wide awake at the same time. Since I can't play the game I've been sitting here watching the bubble screensaver on my Roku. I thought that would put me to sleep, but nope.

lwilletts
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by lwilletts on Apr 14, 14 12:33 PM
It's 3:30 EST here. Has anyone been able to get in yet?

Space_Monkey
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Space_Monkey on Apr 14, 14 12:33 PM
Longest update that I can remember.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 14, 14 12:36 PM
Yup.. Going on 4 hours..

I am thinking the testing didn't go well and now they are trying to tweak and try again, tweak and try again... Could be wrong, but I can't see a well planned smooth running update needing to take this long.. They had to have hit a snag somewhere..

Space_Monkey
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Space_Monkey on Apr 14, 14 12:38 PM
Yeah--I think you are right.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 14, 14 12:45 PM
mywildirishrose wrote:Thanks for the info Dhyani
Guess I'm s.o.l.

Maybe not . . . I'm waiting till the new 'fix' is weathered in a bit, then I will readdess the lost Boost time issue yet again with CS.

In any event, my plan is to buy both Sale Boosts for my other 2 games a few hours before they expire tonight and alternate between games when I run out of Energy (which I've been accumulating by Neighbor Visits since I was locked out of my games mid March) and use up the uncollected Gift Energy.

The Gold price for these Boost, IMHO, is well worth it . . . and I/we could always add an additional 1 Day Boost or three later in the week.

Sleep be [Removed by Moderator]! I have LOTS of coffee on hand

XXOO - Dhyani

P.S. Then, of course, there will be an Easter Scavenger Hunt and I may regret using all my accumulated Energy

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 1:36:14 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 14, 14 1:51 PM
Manual update for PC seems to be available, but server still down.

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 1:57:49 PM PST

Space_Monkey
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Space_Monkey on Apr 14, 14 1:57 PM
Yes--I updated, but still comes up as in maintenance mode when I launch the game.

dizedd
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dizedd on Apr 14, 14 1:59 PM
Wow, these boards are moderated by the Sandman? He's removed Dhanyi's sleep!

Such a nice post too- is biblical profanity really offensive to anyone?

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Apr 14, 14 2:42 PM
Why would they remove that word?
It's no worse than manors names POOP PALACE or 6969 Doggy Style Way.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 14, 14 2:48 PM
myWildIrishRose ! you do have some colorful neighbors don't you???... Perhaps they don't censor the Manor Names.. Let's see what happens to your post.. It can be a test of sorts..

I have to guess at what word Dhanyl used.. I don't quite remember what it was, but I think I know what word makes sense in that spot.. It would rhyme with ham..

Space_Monkey
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Space_Monkey on Apr 14, 14 2:49 PM
moosetracker wrote:myWildIrishRose ! you do have some colorful neighbors don't you???... Perhaps they don't censor the Manor Names.. Let's see what happens to your post.. It can be a test of sorts..

I have to guess at what word Dhanyl used.. I don't quite remember what it was, but I think I know what word makes sense in that spot.. It would rhyme with ham..

and ram...jam...cam...

Go to: