lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mexicana: Deadly Holiday here

[Post New]by lkbambi on Apr 18, 14 3:40 PM
Yet another game from BigFish that works fine in trial mode and not at all when purchased. I've noticed this happening a lot more too. It's really getting frustrating. I'm still waiting for bug fixes on the last three games I commented on. Bummer.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Apr 20, 14 12:09 AM
I sent a Dr. Felix updated a driver and the game still doesn't work. Hey BFG THIS GAME NEEDS TO BE FIXED ALONG WITH BLUEBEARDS CASTLE AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THE THIRD ONE. I WILL POST IT WHEN I FIND IT. THANKS. THE GAME IS MYSTERY EXPEDITION PRISONERS OF ICE. THEY ALL NEED NEW BUILDS. TWO OF THEM HAD UPDATES BUT THEY STILL DON'T WORK. I AM ONLY USING CAPS BECAUSE THE LETTERS ARE LARGER AND I CAN SEE THEM BETTER. THANK YOU...

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 12:15:55 AM PST

hampsterp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by hampsterp on Apr 20, 14 3:53 PM
Game freezes when I try to cut the balloons right at the beginning of the game. Has done it 3 times now at same place.

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Apr 22, 14 11:27 PM
Exact same issue for me. Game freezes and I get the Twisted Lands: Insomniac message. Getting really sick of all the games that don't work, and NEVER getting any fixes for them. All I get is rote responses blaming MY computer, even though dozens of people are having the exact same issues with those games.

[Post New]by Debbie129 on Apr 23, 14 8:35 AM
I too am getting problems with the game. it keeps freezing and then I get an error message saying "Twisted lands" has stopped working as I do not have Twisted lands installed on my computer it seems very odd, I have tried to play game 4 times now but still the same thing keeps happening, Funny how the trial worked fine but since purchasing the game this keeps happening, Come on Big Fish, give us some answers

hhs1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by hhs1 on Apr 24, 14 2:35 PM
Same error as everyone else...Came back in and got around it one....Then at the snake it happened again...

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on Apr 26, 14 12:48 PM
I an so sick of this nonsense. I will not be buying anymore games from BF, till they address these issues.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 27, 14 7:35 AM
My game stops as well, and until I looked here, I thought I was the only one!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 28, 14 11:15 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to drop by and let you all know that we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention.

We have been working with our internal teams and the developer to get to the bottom of why these issues are impacting some players and we hope to have more news soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 2, 14 12:26 PM
I haven't gotten any of the Twisted Lands message but have gotten many frozen screens when I've tried to retrieve an object that I've clicked on. Sometimes they go straight into inventory but many more times they do not and just hover on my screen. This is my kind of game (hated the other supposedly "better" version that I demo'd) so I'd love to see this one's problems fixed so I can purchase it. I've got 47 minutes left on the demo so I'll wait for an update and see if I can play the remainder through error free. And if I can, it'll be a definite buy! In the meantime, off I go to send CS my Dr. Felix report.

[Post New]by MercuryNeptune on May 6, 14 11:10 PM
The game is still freezing up to the point I have to hit the reboot button quite a bit. It is an el cheapo game, but still the problem can be a bit maddening.

[Post New]by actonian1 on Jun 2, 14 10:54 AM
I note that issues first occurred April 16 - today is June 2nd and still having freezing issues/insomnia messages - is a fix EVER going to be available?

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 7, 14 6:39 PM
actonian1 wrote:I note that issues first occurred April 16 - today is June 2nd and still having freezing issues/insomnia messages - is a fix EVER going to be available?

I'm waiting too as I'd really like to buy this game! Like you, I'd expected an update by now.

nyghtfn
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nyghtfn on Jun 19, 14 4:34 PM
Ditto! There should be a repair by now!

If the game wasn't somewhat interesting, I wouldn't be checking back to see what's happening. Not a great game, but good enough to catch your interest. It's a shame! I'd consider buying the game if they'd put out a fix.

Getting impatient!

[Post New]by MercuryNeptune on Jul 4, 14 1:17 PM
The game still freezes and I get booted out when I also try to give milk to the snake.

I downloaded the Dr Felix but it seems to be only dealing with the computer and not the game itself.

SilentEyes
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by SilentEyes on Aug 8, 14 2:26 PM
I've had this game installed on a Vista machine and one running win 7, with the same result:
The game stops within the first 10 mins and tells me that Twisted Lands: Insomniac has stopped working.

The furthest I have ever been able to get it to the gate, but no further.

I've been through this problem with Big Fish cust support without success.

Would love to know if anything can be done about this.

[Post New]by GrandmaGale on Aug 31, 14 3:46 PM
Same here, I had purchased from another game programmer, then deleted it off my computer. Then I purchased from Big fish and the very same darn thing happens. it freezes up, kicks me out and someone who cannot fix this should be on a Mexicana Deadly holiday! the first time, it was giving the snake the milk, now it is at the very beginning. If any of us cannot play, why is it still FOR SALE?????? Give me my money back!!!!!!

[Post New]by GrandmaGale on Aug 31, 14 6:10 PM
Well, I once again got to the snake and the milk and it all dried up (pun intended). It died and gave me this error: Error Access violation @ 0x0074639A (tried to write to 0x000022B0) program terminated. Then, twisted lands, insomniac came up and the whole thing died. Are they going to fix this or not????

[Post New]by GrandmaGale on Sep 2, 14 6:09 PM
Is this game even being worked on and when will it be fixed? I tried it 7 months ago and it did the same thing and now, I thought it might be fixed, howver, still freezing up at the snake. PLEASE, PLEASE fix it???

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 13, 14 10:15 PM
It's a shame that the devs dropped the ball on this one. It could have been a good game had they cared enough to fix the many glitches in it. I'm really disappointed because I own a lot of this dev's games and wonder how this one was released with seemingly no quality testing done beforehand. If it EVER gets fixed, I'll buy it because I loved the demo even though it froze many times during it.

And what's with the mods locking the threads on so many of the forums??? Are we no longer encouraged to participate?? And why are so many of the forums already locked on NEW games, like this one????????

Go to: