belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 18, 14 8:50 AM
Bonggamer, as Tiger 2010 says, fixed the hint issues and freezing issues by playing in a different mode (I chose hard core instead). The custom settings don't seem to work properly, and can't see the point of custom mode when you can't turn the sparkles off.

When I got stuck the SG was totally useless...

Game seems very buggy, as though not Beta tested. Never quite understood why Beta testing is only available for Windows machines. Maybe that's why us Mac users get so many issues?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 18, 14 10:21 AM
Personally, I don't consider changing the game mode to make the hint button work as a fix. Nice that you can "get around" the problem, but it's still a problem that, in my opinion makes the game a "no buy till EVERYTHING'S fixed"! I also see the devs fixed the Mac version which is great for Mac users but not for the rest of us. We all need to bombard CS with this issue and a Dr. Felix to get this fixed. Someone else mentioned that once they got the hint button to work after changing to Casual instead of Custom that when they were able to skip a puzzle the comment popped up saying "you Americans are so impatient" or something of the sort. I find that a bit insulting, although my time ran out trying to get the game to work before I saw that myself. I think the devs, as was mentioned in a previous forum are laughing at us..but they'll sure take our money!! Just my opinion!

[Post New]by Vallikat on Apr 18, 14 11:14 AM
I play without hints so I can't say if I would've encountered the hint problem otherwise. However, I had other tech issues. First is one others here have posted about and that was regarding the missing faces. The second was in one puzzle towards the end of the game. The idea was to swap out the tiles to group colors together. One of my tiles wouldn't swap. I ended up with one tile over the other and a blank space. I couldn't interact with the blank space at all (no tile would swap into it). I thought at first I would not be able to complete the puzzle. However, I just kept working until the remaining tiles were in place and it did allow me to complete it that way even with the blank and one space containing 2 tiles. However I did want to report the glitch in case someone else has the same issue.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 18, 14 1:32 PM
I am at Museum and which is way passed where trial ended can't pick up parking pass for parking lot.. I have had no issues until this point in game. Can't go on if I can't pick up parking pass. I will uninstall game and re-install again to if issue corrected itself.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 18, 14 2:23 PM
Will I uninstalled and re-installed and still that didn't help in picking up parking lot pass to get into lot. I cannot go on any farther getting thru the lot will take me to Chapter 3. All worked well in game until I tried to get parking lot pass in safe. Guess I will have to do Dr Felix.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Apr 18, 14 4:01 PM
I am having the same problem as Tiger2010. I can't access the messenger bag so I can't get the black button to fix the shears. Cannot go any further as I have done everything else.
PLease fix. Thanks.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Problems, problems,problems...

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Apr 18, 14 4:06 PM
This game is just full of problems. Now I'm able to click on the hint button but nothing happens except the sound that goes with the hint. Also, lots and lots of jumbled up lettering on inventory items.

This needs a major fix. No way this is the computer I'm playing on as it is a high-tech Razer.

Oh, well. Hopefully the offering tomorrow won't be filled with issues.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by minnie2251 on Apr 18, 14 5:29 PM
The hint and skip buttons do not work. Sometimes faces are blurred. Cannot replace the fuse in boathouse at Chapter 3.

I have upgraded the game, but it does not solve the problems at all.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 18, 14 7:17 PM
I got a reply back from tech support. They offered me a coupon for a free game. They gave me the link to BFG problems page. They said nothing about a fix or what or if they are even aware there is anything wrong with the game.

We need a whole lot of people to contact them to get this fixed.

scubiepro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Italian Affair Collector's Edition here hotel room

[Post New]by scubiepro on Apr 19, 14 6:53 AM
I am having a problem in the hotel room. I have everything that is shown in the guide. But it won't let me play the HOS in the closet. Nothing helps. probably a glitch as well

Edited on 04/19/2014 at 6:53:52 AM PST

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Apr 19, 14 7:35 AM
happy easter to all of you first of all!!
apparently i have having the same issues as many 'gaming-fishies'
i.e., hint-button not working / faces blurred / cut-scenes one great big mess blurring into one and other (definitely not meant to)!! this is about the third game in a row that i have had problems with!!
I really dont understand?? What gives Big Fish?? i have been an avid player since 2011 and have never had problems before untill of late!!
Unfortunately i dont have the cash to buy a new lap-top so no new high-tech one in the near future!!
this is really taking away a lot of gaming pleasure and making me quite sad

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Apr 19, 14 7:47 AM
MissAbby wrote:Personally, I don't consider changing the game mode to make the hint button work as a fix. Nice that you can "get around" the problem, but it's still a problem that, in my opinion makes the game a "no buy till EVERYTHING'S fixed"! I also see the devs fixed the Mac version which is great for Mac users but not for the rest of us. We all need to bombard CS with this issue and a Dr. Felix to get this fixed. Someone else mentioned that once they got the hint button to work after changing to Casual instead of Custom that when they were able to skip a puzzle the comment popped up saying "you Americans are so impatient" or something of the sort. I find that a bit insulting, although my time ran out trying to get the game to work before I saw that myself. I think the devs, as was mentioned in a previous forum are laughing at us..but they'll sure take our money!! Just my opinion!

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY

godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

HELP! Hint stopped working in the hotel lobby

[Post New]by godfreygirl on Apr 19, 14 10:10 AM
I bought this game today and LOVE it....BUT, the hint button stopped working in the middle of the hotel lobby and I don't know what to do next. The guide says to play the game...the one with the arrows, but it won't let me. I've changed from choosing my mode to casual, then to the next one....still won't work. I've quit and came back and it STILL won't work. It lights up, but only gives the sound but no direction. I want to go on with this game but can't get anywhere.

HELP please!! Thanks.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 19, 14 5:14 PM
A note to the tech team, after playing the demo and having the tech issues that most everyone else had, my computer needed to reboot. My computer was unable to boot up, and I had to do a system restore. My PC then did some sort of scan on recently added programs, and found this game to be the issue. It removed the game from my system, and after doing so I was able to boot up my PC.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Apr 19, 14 7:50 PM
I haven't tried the hint button, but when I go to the Strategy Guide, I can't get out of it. Not always, but often, there is no "X" to exit it, nor does clicking outside the Guide move me out of it. Add this to the Things to Fix" list.

[Post New]by mygames33 on Apr 20, 14 1:03 AM
I bought this game and it's incomplete and with bugs. I got to the library and after that all scenes tell me to look somewhere else. I went to the map and all I have is circles telling me scenes are available but when I go to them it tells me to look somewhere else. There is nowhere else to look....as I can't go any further on any of the scenes.

There is a question mark next to the library that says I need to find clues in the parking lot, but when I go to the parking lot there is nothing to do there!!!

I went to the extras and only 3 scenes are unlocked. When I click on 2 of them it says it's loading and the scene appears for a second and closes back up to the menu to choose from the same 3 scenes. Only one of the 3 actually opens up and the list of items to find is for only 2 items.

On top of everything I find it offensive that on one scene it said "you Americans are so impatient" or something to that effect and on many others when I clicked on inventory items it keeps telling me I need to think like an Italian...

[Post New]by blondie4116 on Apr 20, 14 1:43 AM
I didn't have a problem with the game until now. I'm near the end in the boathouse trying to release the boat. I zoom in and nothing. Screen freezes, but not completely. I can access the map and the menu so I can get out of it, but every time I try to zoom in, the same thing happens. I am trying to reinstall now to see if that fixes it. fingers crossed...

[Post New]by kakadupin on Apr 20, 14 3:00 AM
I've only been playing the game for five minutes, and can't get the lady in the gift shop to take my Press Pass or the souvenir.

What the hell do I do with that? I can't go any further....

[Post New]by history_tess on Apr 20, 14 1:38 PM
First, all of my people are headless!

Important (to me): when trying to complete the bonus "Souvenir Room," you cannot select the pipe, so you have to force quit the game.

You can only get around the other technical issues if you play on Casual, which is absurdly easy.

[Post New]by CindoxAnarchy on Apr 20, 14 3:06 PM
Puzzle in wall of hospital hall is broken. One of the spaces will not let me move a piece into it and stays empty. I ended up having to skip the puzzle. I found out in order to turn on the skip and hint, I went into the custom setup and turned the times to 10 seconds and they worked.

Go to: