Arcade Rewards (payouts)

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:Arcade Rewards (payouts)

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 21, 14 9:07 PM
TracyS123 wrote:The game made a mistake in my favor! I was playing the slot machine that takes the gold bars. Twice, I won the construction bundle. When I opened the bundle, however, I received not just the construction bundle but one of each of the mini-game resources, i.e. the "Briefcase of Minigame Resources." One of each isn't much of course but it's still nice to have a glitch that does something good for you!

-Tracy

Yes the construction bundles also contain one of each resource. Its a good thing, cause I cant use the building supplies.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 21, 14 9:58 PM
Mrssfox wrote:What I'd like to know is, has anyone won the BERRY POPSICLE?? that is so prominently shown on the machine enticing you to play.....

Yeah, that Popsicle sucked me in.. but I have yet to win it.

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Apr 21, 14 10:31 PM
april3850 wrote:
TracyS123 wrote:The game made a mistake in my favor! I was playing the slot machine that takes the gold bars. Twice, I won the construction bundle. When I opened the bundle, however, I received not just the construction bundle but one of each of the mini-game resources, i.e. the "Briefcase of Minigame Resources." One of each isn't much of course but it's still nice to have a glitch that does something good for you!

-Tracy

Yes the construction bundles also contain one of each resource. Its a good thing, cause I cant use the building supplies.

Me either. I have about 3500 of each construction resource and for now at least, I have no use for them!

-Tracy

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Apr 21, 14 10:42 PM
We first found out about the "Barrow of Resources" Bundle containing resources like a stamp, glue, tweezers and the like when some of us received it for our Day 7 Treasure Gift on the Daily Multiplier. Before that, I betcha nobody bought that thing for 24 Gold (!!?!) so we didn't know about the extra resources in there.

Also, the Arcade payouts are sure good at giving out those bundles and so we are finding their value is better than we might have thought.

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Apr 21, 14 10:51 PM
TracyS123 wrote:Another question-Besides giving better prizes, does anyone know if upgrading and customizing the arcade actually increases your chances of winning at the slot machines?

One annoying thing about the slots is how slow they are!! I would probably play a lot more if they weren't so slow!

I'm really looking forward to seeing if more games open up in the arcade with future updates. It certainly looks like there are more games coming!

-Tracy

To answer my own question, and in case anyone else wants to know, there's no question that I am winning a LOT more since upgrading and customizing, in addition to the prizes being much better.

-Tracy

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 21, 14 11:36 PM
You think 3500 is a lot? I have 35,000 of each. I cant wait til I can give some of it away as gifts!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 22, 14 9:07 AM
I played 3 gold today. First spin I got lasagna, second spin I won the blue scepter keepsake, and the third spin I won 3 gold, which is what I had spent, so I took it and ran

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Apr 22, 14 3:57 PM
april3850 wrote:You think 3500 is a lot? I have 35,000 of each. I cant wait til I can give some of it away as gifts!

Yes, April, even 350 is a lot. The most I remember requested for a Level 5 upgrade is 50, so 3500 is definitely a lot.

Have fun gaming!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 22, 14 4:02 PM
Mrssfox wrote:
april3850 wrote:You think 3500 is a lot? I have 35,000 of each. I cant wait til I can give some of it away as gifts!

Yes, April, even 350 is a lot. The most I remember requested for a Level 5 upgrade is 50, so 3500 is definitely a lot.

Have fun gaming!

But add a zero! Thats what I have. Over 35,000 of each paint, logs, bricks. I probably have enough to build every city in America and still have some left!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 23, 14 2:25 AM
shagwendy wrote:I played 3 gold today. First spin I got lasagna, second spin I won the blue scepter keepsake, and the third spin I won 3 gold, which is what I had spent, so I took it and ran

I went back and spun 3 more times. I got a lasagna, chocolates for 80 energy, and 3 gold bars, which put me back to even again!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 23, 14 2:29 AM
shagwendy wrote:
shagwendy wrote:I played 3 gold today. First spin I got lasagna, second spin I won the blue scepter keepsake, and the third spin I won 3 gold, which is what I had spent, so I took it and ran

I went back and spun 3 more times. I got a lasagna, chocolates for 80 energy, and 3 gold bars, which put me back to even again!

Yes, this has been my experience too. Sometimes you spin and dont win anything, but eventually if you go back again, you end up winning more than you lost, so it evens out.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 26, 14 11:31 AM
a little math:

with 5 symbols and 3 rows,
- the chance of not winning anything (i.e. no match) is: 5*4*3 / 5*5*5 = 48%
- so, the chance of winning something is 52%
- the chance of matching 3 is: 5 / 5*5*5 = 4%
- and thus, the chance of matching 2 is 48%

So if you play enough games, you win more games than you lose.

BUT: because the prizes you win vary greatly, it depends more on the actual items or resources you win than on the number of times you win to determine if you come out on top.

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Apr 26, 14 11:50 AM
Dirk, that assumes actual randomness. Keep in mind that the programmers can script any percentages they wish.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 26, 14 11:52 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:a little math:

BUT: because the prizes you win vary greatly, it depends more on the actual items or resources you win than on the number of times you win to determine if you come out on top.

Completely agree! It DOES depend on what you win. I always feel disappointed when I win bricks (which is still considered a win) than when I get a pizza!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 26, 14 2:57 PM
Dirk_Tee wrote:a little math:

Thank you, Dirk! You are my favorite statistician!!!!!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 27, 14 1:09 AM
LXC12 wrote:Dirk, that assumes actual randomness. Keep in mind that the programmers can script any percentages they wish.

True.
It is possible that they've tampered with the odds.
But keeping in mind that for a good game they have to make it fun and challenging enough at the same time, I think these percentages have just the right balance.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 27, 14 1:40 AM
april3850 wrote:Thank you, Dirk! You are my favorite statistician!!!!!

Thank you! But I would prefer to be your favorite probability theorist, they don't have to work so hard

If you're not into applied mathematics:
Statistics looks at past events and sees how many times they occur, while probability theory tries to predict future occurences of events.
So a statistician will pull the lever 10,000 times and note down everything that happens, while a probability theorist pulls out his calculator, works out the odds, and then goes off to do something more fun (like reading about Fermat's theorem or playing Botanical Garden 5 ).

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 27, 14 2:13 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:
april3850 wrote:Thank you, Dirk! You are my favorite statistician!!!!!

Thank you! But I would prefer to be your favorite probability theorist, they don't have to work so hard

If you're not into applied mathematics:
Statistics looks at past events and sees how many times they occur, while probability theory tries to predict future occurences of events.
So a statistician will pull the lever 10,000 times and note down everything that happens, while a probability theorist pulls out his calculator, works out the odds, and then goes off to do something more fun (like reading about Fermat's theorem or playing Botanical Garden 5 ).

LOL! You're exactly right! Im not a math person at all. In fact, Im the opposite, Im a Social Sciences person with degrees in History and Cultural Studies. Ergo, the past is my business, So, Im really glad I have you to clear all that up for me! Good to know!

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Apr 27, 14 12:05 PM
Are most people playing the gold machine or the coin machine? I did some testing today on the coin machine (I probably won't play the gold machine since I don't want to use my gold that way) to see what the practical odds are for winning -- clearly I'm a stats girl

I pulled the lever 200 times and won a payout 88 times -- so it looks like actual random odds for a payout, which in this case is pretty good. The value of the items won surpassed the total value of coins lost, although many of the payout items were not practically useful to me in terms of increasing my money or resources (e.g., building resources, items that can be cashed in for building resources, etc).

I have fully upgraded the arcade and have the blue diamond customization.

Payouts for my 200 pulls:
200 coins x 20
150 coins x 18
500 coins
Scarab keepsake x 4
bricks x 2
bezoar keepsake x 4
dragonfly keepsake x 7
hammer x 2
fishing lure x 3
net x 2
Cybele photo x 2 (ugh! like I needed more of these )
pincushion die x 2

1 each of:
brass cube die
strong man photo
binoculars
fountain of wealth
flowing elegance of silver
flowing elegance of titanium
green flower earrings
US stamp
Man on the moon stamp
crimson devil photo
hand painted cookie pot
pony express stamp
paint palette
thread
gold bar
red rolla photo
horseless carriage coaster
officer photo
Columbia independence stamp
young Turk photo
baa baa biscuit barrel

Edited on 04/27/2014 at 12:07:48 PM PST

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 27, 14 4:11 PM
Yes, LXC, this is about the same kind of stuff I get. Thanks for listing these all in one place. I think I will keep this list handy. The coin machine is definitely the one I play more often. I do play the gold once in a while, but Im very stingy with my gold. I dont play it often. The main difference in the 2 are the collectibles. The coin machine gives out Bronze collectibles, while the gold machine gives out Gold and Platinum collectibles. I assume when they add another machine, which Im sure they will in the future, it will give out the Silver collectibles.

Go to: