Racist restriction?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re:Racist restriction?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 21, 14 10:34 AM
Guest999999 wrote:Demiguise - I never said any pairings were forced, just that the game pushes you to pair them.
Earlier,
Guest999999 wrote:I don't need racist developers forcing me to pair Chuck and Nancy.
[My emphasis added.]

I think Demiguise's reading was reasonably accurate. It was certainly my interpretation, that as the only two black teenagers in the game they were allowed to pair only w/ each other.

I would like to note that for someone unfamiliar w/ the comic books (as you declare yourself, Guest 999...), in-game strips and/or Quests could be seen as pushy. I note that there's also a Quest to make Betty and Veronica Close Friends. I'd rather see such things as merely reflecting the standard continuity. And, as you explicitly declare, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Except for big mouths like me?

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 4:08:27 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Racist restriction?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 21, 14 10:41 AM
I didn't accuse you of making up anything, but suggested you might be wrong about the racial barrier. Which as it turns out you were.

If Midge and Nancy can't be a couple, but Midge and Ginger can, and Nancy and Ginger can, while Cheryl and Ginger can't, that shows Ginger is a limited catalyst, and says more about programming limitations* than limited inter-racial acceptance.

P.S. It's omniscience you want to accuse me of claiming, not omnipotence. And I deny that I've ever done so, merely stated facts and opinion, with the difference being, I hope, clear most of the time. Unless posting quite a lot implies omniscience--which reading my posts' content would neatly refute.
--------------------
* Much, much later: Having done better research, I conclude that it's Cheryl's well known pursuit of Archie, and vice versa, that keep her from connecting w/ Ginger, not programming convenience.

Edited on 04/28/2014 at 10:44:08 AM PST

[Post New]by flameglimmer on Apr 21, 14 2:16 PM
Interesting how a bunch of comments just disappeared. George, you now look like you are arguing with your invisible friend.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 21, 14 4:07 PM
Aww, s/he's taken his or her disappointment and gone home? You gotta be sorry for anybody w/ that much frustration. Even when it's you s/he's pouring some of it out on.

As for invisibility, well, there's another reason to quote what you're responding to. Preferably judiciously, not at length.

And Guest9...'s most recent PM to me reads in its entirety--censored by him/her/it or by the system, not by me: "**** george." (I assume that should be "**** ***, George!" but I'm not panting to pin it down.)

ANYway, thanks for bumping the thread, flameglimmer!

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 4:08:46 PM PST

GalaxieBleu
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by GalaxieBleu on Apr 21, 14 8:41 PM
flameglimmer wrote:Interesting how a bunch of comments just disappeared. George, you now look like you are arguing with your invisible friend.

Ha ha, a friend who should remain invisible. I guess someone reported those posts as offensive because I know no other way for a post you or I write to be deleted just edited. I was not at all surprised that the dirt bag had the gall to PM George. I think it's always better to not feed the flaming trolls who always think they are right. I know it's hard not to reply to them but they feed on it.

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 8:41:59 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 22, 14 3:30 AM
S/He did make some valid, or valid appearing, points.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 27, 14 4:23 PM
(For this post, and because I want to make a sexism point in this originally racism thread, I'm going to do what David Weber has his characters do in his Honor Harrington series: Refer to a person of unknown gender as being of their own gender. So Commander Harrington may call an unidentified ship captain "her" while a male in her crew calls the same captain "him" in the same conversation.

(If women did this regularly, AND had roughly equal parts to men in society's discourse, we could drop "S/He" w/o harm.)

There's no evidence anyone reported Guest999...., GalaxieBleu. It's clear that he deleted his own posts.

If a moderator had done so, there'd be a lot of posts empty except for a [Deleted by Moderator] tag. For them to disappear entirely as they have, he had to go to every one of them and click the red disk on it--the delete option that appears only on one's own posts

Edited on 04/27/2014 at 4:24:29 PM PST

Go to: