5 golden chest

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:5 golden chest

[Post New]by cabogal on Apr 24, 14 8:43 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
awalkinglady wrote:I've read some posts that suggest you get gold chests for completing a certain number of daily quests.

You get a gold chest when you complete a 10 part Daily Quest (there are also 3 part DQ's which give a Rusty Chest, and 5 part DQ's that award a Silver chest).

Each of the 10 parts will probably have 2 different tasks listed, and may require you to perform those tasks more than once.

For example: the second part of my 10 part quest wants me to open the prison cell 2 times, and open the Harp in Blossom 2 times. If I do so, I'll be awarded 100 coins and 3 medallions.

(That's a big if. With no Polestars in my inventory, it's not happening.)

I think these new Daily Quests were designed to deplete built up inventories and waste diamonds. BFG wants those who finished level 22 before the update to use up the inventory they began stockpiling. I played about 5 of these Daily Quests and some required I use 4 items and I had to go to a HOS two or more times and I had to complete the quest in 1 hr 38 min. This meant I had to use diamonds to access the HOS the 2nd time and three of the items had to come from inventory because of the 1 hour wait to access a HOS again.

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Apr 25, 14 4:06 AM
My Phoenix gave me a gold chest yesterday too. Maybe we are on to something. certain pet certain day and place?????

[Post New]by cathiecaffey on May 27, 14 12:50 PM
I'm on level 17 and have never gotten a gold chest. All I get is some coins and maybe a plain stamp or so. Is there a certain pet you must create to have a chance to get the gold chests?

Thanks! Caffey

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on May 27, 14 2:03 PM
Caffey, if you've only got the Griffin and/or Cat I don't think it's possible to get a gold chest from them. Any of the others have a slim chance of bringing back a gold chest. And when we say "gold chest" we aren't talking about the contents but rather the chest itself. There are 4 different chests. For more information about pets and the treasure they bring back, please check out the Midnight Castle Strategy Guide at the top of this forum. Good Luck.

Edited on 05/27/2014 at 2:03:58 PM PST

sugar19703
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by sugar19703 on May 27, 14 3:12 PM
I have the Griffin, Cat, Dragon, and Floppy eared Dog. I have feed them all several times and I have YET to see a golden chest. I am at level 22 almost 23 and have NEVER seen one. So I am not sure what kind of pet will bring one back. I am giving up on that achievement will never get gold chest.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on May 27, 14 3:40 PM
sugar 19703 my Dragon has received gold chests in the airship area. The others I haven't had much like with gold chests, but do get lots of coin and other goodies.
Keep trying because I am just at level 25 and have only 6 gold chests, so it is possible to get them. Getting a Phoenix and Pegasus has given me gold also. Hang in there!

sugar19703
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by sugar19703 on May 28, 14 7:18 PM
I did not know it mattered where you are in a scene to get a gold chest. I do not have a phoenix egg but I have had a pegasus egg forever that I won on the wheel eons ago but I do not have 50,000 coins to create it. I do not use real money to buy coins in this game.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on May 28, 14 7:57 PM
I just kept wandering around doing HO's and picking up flowers and if I could crafting in hopes to get some coins and took a long time to finally hatch my Pegasus and it is worth it in the end. You're right about the gold chests. I lucked out and got a couple in one area only to go back later and get a rusty or wooden chest, so it is a matter of luck which some people seem to have. Just hang in there and enjoy playing the game

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 28, 14 9:38 PM
kahlan11 wrote:sugar 19703 my Dragon has received gold chests in the airship area. The others I haven't had much like with gold chests, but do get lots of coin and other goodies.
Keep trying because I am just at level 25 and have only 6 gold chests, so it is possible to get them. Getting a Phoenix and Pegasus has given me gold also. Hang in there!

When the other update first gave us the achievement for the gold chests, I was able to get the first four easily within that first week. Since then, nothing. This achievement is the only one where I haven't earned at least one trophy so I want it. I'd gotten one of the gold chests from my dragon but haven't been able to get him to fetch me another one, and I didn't keep track of where I'd gotten the others from or from whom. From what I've read from others' posts, it really seems to be random although some have reported success with a certain pet getting gold chests from a certain location.

Edited on 05/28/2014 at 9:40:12 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 28, 14 10:02 PM
Penelope (my Pink Piggy) had a picnic in the Ancient Park yesterday and went exploring. She brought back a gold chest for me and is now relaxing at her favorite spa.

All my "children" have names:
Clive - Winged Cat
Duncan - Emerald Dragon
Gracie - Griffin
Penelope - Pink Piggy
Percival - Flap-eared Puppy
Phyllis - Phoenix
Titus - Hopping Tiger

We are awaiting the birth of Tiffany - Gold-bearing Turtle. She will be born when another 119 Pet Medallions are accumulated.

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 10:57:29 AM PST

[Post New]by flyingfish2 on Jun 3, 14 1:11 PM
I am level 22 and have not seen a golden chest either. Reading the posts, it seems like I need to get more pets. I have Floppy eared puppy, winged cat and snow griffin. I have a couple other eggs, but it costs a fortune to craft them. Like some, I am playing without paying, part of the challenge. May not be able to get another pet without putting down some cash, hence no golden chests. Part of the lure that BFG puts out to get you to contribute. How do you name the pets?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 3, 14 1:18 PM
Naming is just something we do for ourselves, they haven't given us a way to name them in the game. The cat and griffin don't give gold chests, not that I've ever heard. Phoenix is one of the best earlier pets for gold, tiger, dragon and piggy can give them too. Pegasus might but is way too expensive to craft and feed to bother, you won't get your gold back from him. Manticore, puppy and owl are iffy as to whether you'd get any gold chests. If you do try crafting another pet, check to see which food it uses and aim for one that won't compete with one you've already got.
ETA: There are threads for both PC and IOS for people who want to trade eggs. You might be able to make a deal there for one you want.

Edited on 06/03/2014 at 1:19:33 PM PST

[Post New]by flyingfish2 on Jun 3, 14 1:33 PM
I have a ton of unique and rare food, the pets I have don't eat that. Is it worth hanging on to it, or should I just sell it?

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Jun 3, 14 3:19 PM
Pegasus, Dragon, and Piggy eat the rare food. You'll get a Piggy egg from one of the achievements and the Dragon egg only cost 80 diamonds if you wanted to save up for one. Pegasus is very costly at 50,000 coins so not many players get him, but he's reported to bring back fairly good treasure.

Phoenix and Turtle eat the rare food and Phoenix is one of the best at bringing back good treasure (In my experience). He's kind of pricey though both in the cost for an egg and in crafting. He needs a hefty 20,000 coins.

If you want to get any of these pets in future... save your food. If you don't care about pets or the pet related achievements, then sell away.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 3, 14 7:41 PM
If i could have only 1 pet it would be the tiger it bring me a gold chest 1 out of 5 times i feed it and it only takes 5 bags of food. get the most from it when i feed it in the chaple. well worth the cost to hatch it.

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 3, 14 7:48 PM
flyingfish2 wrote:I have a ton of unique and rare food, the pets I have don't eat that. Is it worth hanging on to it, or should I just sell it?

Please don't sell your food. You may eventually craft a pet that uses it. Until then, you can gift you friends so that they can feed their starving pets.

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 3, 14 8:13 PM
I spent the gold coins a while back and crafted the Pegasus. I can't feed her often, but when I do, I'm rarely disappointed in her haul. She's now sleeping quietly after bringing me a golden chest that held 1,200 good coins, a wand, a unique stamp, and a diamond.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jun 15, 14 9:43 PM
I tried my new Phoenix by the Castle Vicinity and by Annabel and it didn't work, but the Ancient Park gave me my 5th golden chest!

Edited on 06/15/2014 at 9:43:25 PM PST

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 16, 14 7:42 AM
kdreetz wrote:I tried my new Phoenix by the Castle Vicinity and by Annabel and it didn't work, but the Ancient Park gave me my 5th golden chest!

I'll have to try that spot the next time indeed Phoenix. She keeps bring me the rusty (bronze) chest.....

Corian
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Corian on Nov 12, 14 12:29 AM
Has anyone noted the facial expressions of pets? I may just imagine it, or just be very lucky (unusual!) but I have now gotten an almost 50% golden box droprate from my Panda by waiting for him to smile and stick out his tongue a bit and then quicly feeding him. Works with the Seal and Lemur too. I haven't figured out the right moment for my Emerald Dragon yet and I'm still saving coins and postcards (not to mention diamonds) for other pets.

Go to: